An Old School Catholic Message Board

Questions To Ask Re What To Take

faithcecelia

[quote name='mme_hardy' timestamp='1320253770' post='2330323']
What sort of tools? (Swiss Army knife, flashlight, Leatherman, sewing kit...)
What sort of craft items? (If you knit/crochet/embroider, are there patterns that are unsuitable? Are craft items allowed in novitiate?)
[/quote]

Ah, for me all of these go without saying, but well worth adding to the list for first-timers

AccountDeleted

Actually, I found that the community will provide whatever I lack. I was given a pocket knife and flashlight and other things because I had no idea I would need them when I entered the first time. So if you don't remember everything, don't panic.... convents are storehouses of endless items! :)

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1320290416' post='2330653']
Actually, I found that the community will provide whatever I lack. I was given a pocket knife and flashlight and other things because I had no idea I would need them when I entered the first time. So if you don't remember everything, don't panic.... convents are storehouses of endless items! :)
[/quote]

Oh, I know I could turn up with just what I was wearing, its more checking before I carry things that then need replacing - so my dressing gown is a huge fluffy thing covered with stars. At Q it would have been fine, but not sute about NH, so want to know before I pack it. Ditto bedding etc.