An Old School Catholic Message Board

Moderator Announcement

Lil Red

Hello ladies (and gentlemen),

Welcome to the Vocation Station. While this can be a wonderful place to talk about your discernment, please don't confuse this (the internet) for your own small, private group of close, intimate friends. We understand that the Phatmass Vocation Station is a haven for discerners (and we are proud of that!) and many of you form close bonds and real friendships, but this is still the internet. It's public. [b]ANYONE[/b] can read what you post here.

Please don't post any identifying details--your name, your religious name, your order, specifics about visits, etc.--unless you are absolutely sure you want that information available to the public. Anyone can comment on these posts, registering is a [u]quick and easy[/u] process. Furthermore, it is unwise (and honestly a little thoughtless and rude) to post other people's personal information. Please do not post other people's information without their express permission.

Remember, safeguarding your personal details is for your own privacy and safety. All too often we overshare and regret posting something, so let's all be conscious of the public nature of our posts and consider what we want out there. God Bless you all.

The moderating team :love:

AccountDeleted

Thank you. I wish there were ways we could delete old posts that have identifying info as well. But this is really good advice Red.

I don't agree with the OP. The inclusion of gentlemen in parenthesis is totally unwarranted, everyone knows that it's the females who start all the static on here. I respectfully request that the moderating team remove that parenthetical word. I bid you good day ladies (and gentlemen)

Edited by Maximilianus

dominicansoul

I would also like to add, please for those of you who have the nerve to actually contact other people's convents and talk to their superiors about what you have read about them on phatmass, DON'T. IT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS to do so!!! That also applies to SENDING THEM COPIES OF THREADS FROM PHATMASS!!!!

That also goes with telling superiors what YOU YOURSELF JUDGE the person to be. IT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, PLEASE SAY A PRAYER BEFORE YOU TAKE SUCH DRASTIC MEASURES AND LEAVE OTHER PEOPLE'S DISCERNMENTS BETWEEN GOD AND THEMSELVES!!!

THANK YOU!!!!