Dave Posted May 2, 2004 Posted May 2, 2004 (edited) Let's all share ... what are everybody's favorite 80s slow songs? In no particular order mine include: Crazy For You -- Madonna Seasons Change -- Expose' When I Looked At Him -- Expose' Miss You Like Crazy -- Natalie Cole Take My Breath Away -- Berlin Angel Of The Morning -- Juice Newton Tender Love -- Force M. D's. Cry -- Godley and Creme Captain Of Her Heart -- Double Words Get In The Way -- Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine Can't Stay Away From You -- Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine Anything For You -- Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine Life In A Northern Town -- Dream Academy Sexual Healing -- Marvin Gaye Circle In The Sand -- Belinda Carlisle Separate Lives -- Phil Collins and Marilyn Martin Could've Been -- Tiffany All This Time -- Tiffany True Colors -- Cyndi Lauper Let's Wait A While -- Janet Jackson Caught Up In The Rapture -- Anita Baker Just Because -- Anita Baker You Got It All -- The Jets A Different Corner -- George Michael Eternal Flame -- Bangles What About Love -- Heart Alone -- Heart Foolish Beat -- Debbie Gibson Endless Love -- Lionel Richie and Diana Ross Say You, Say Me -- Lionel Richie Superwoman -- Karyn White Edited May 2, 2004 by Dave
homeschoolmom Posted May 2, 2004 Posted May 2, 2004 Wow... I like this thread... Yep to most of those... I don't remember some of them... <sigh> brings back lots of memories...
crusader1234 Posted May 2, 2004 Posted May 2, 2004 Ohh man Dave, you are my hero for knowing that Berlin is the band behind Take my Breath away! That song is ok... but the band is amazing. I saw them on bands reuinted and was like yess ive got their record. They were one of my first favourite bands (before I learned how to work the radio at around age 4 I actually listened to just my parents records) Endless love by Lionel Richie and Diana Ross... you always have to go with soul. Hahaha, that and it was in Happy Gilmore... oh man hahahaha
Dave Posted May 2, 2004 Author Posted May 2, 2004 Oh yeah, Endless Love is another one I need to add to my list! Thanks for the heads-up!
homeschoolmom Posted May 2, 2004 Posted May 2, 2004 [quote name='Dave' date='May 1 2004, 10:58 PM'] Oh yeah, Endless Love is another one I need to add to my list! Thanks for the heads-up! [/quote] Hoooo boy... do I remember [i]that[/i] song... :ph34r:
crusader1234 Posted May 2, 2004 Posted May 2, 2004 Is this where the 'mom' part of homeschoolmom comes in? Hahaha, or do i not want to know?
homeschoolmom Posted May 2, 2004 Posted May 2, 2004 [quote name='crusader1234' date='May 1 2004, 11:05 PM'] Is this where the 'mom' part of homeschoolmom comes in? Hahaha, or do i not want to know? [/quote] Well, I was in seventh grade in 1981... But hey... It was pretty racey for 7th grade-- at least for '81 standards. hehehehe
littleflower+JMJ Posted May 2, 2004 Posted May 2, 2004 i was born in the 80s not to make anyone feel old!
crusader1234 Posted May 2, 2004 Posted May 2, 2004 i was born in 88. i just never knew how to listen to stuff my parents didnt own on vinyl until about 92
homeschoolmom Posted May 2, 2004 Posted May 2, 2004 my word... there's never *not* been cd's in your lifetime...
BeenaBobba Posted May 2, 2004 Posted May 2, 2004 Sometimes when we touch... ...the honesty's too much... ...and I have to close my eyes and hide. ::writhes on the floor, singing:: I wanna hold you till I die... ...Till we both break down and cry... ...I wanna hold you... ...TILL THE FEAR IN ME SUBSIDES! Hahaha. Sorry, couldn't resist. God bless, Jennifer
thicke Posted May 2, 2004 Posted May 2, 2004 Whoa. Well, first off I have to discard any Madonna song. I have too much love for the [b]real[/b] Madonna to appreciate anything that girl from NYC ever did... But, my list would have to include In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel Caught Up In You - 38 Special Well, that's all I Can think of right now......Maybe I'll think up more later....
homeschoolmom Posted May 2, 2004 Posted May 2, 2004 [quote name='thicke' date='May 2 2004, 07:22 AM'] Whoa. Well, first off I have to discard any Madonna song. I have too much love for the [b]real[/b] Madonna to appreciate anything that girl from NYC ever did... But, my list would have to include In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel Caught Up In You - 38 Special Well, that's all I Can think of right now......Maybe I'll think up more later.... [/quote] Actually, the "other Madonna" is from Detroit... but your point is well taken...
Pio Nono Posted May 2, 2004 Posted May 2, 2004 JMJ 5/2 - Fourth Sunday of Easter Oh, definitely [i]Every Rose Has Its Thorn[/i] by Poison.
Thomas Michael Posted May 2, 2004 Posted May 2, 2004 "Almost Paradise" from Footloose - some of my friends sing my name to this song... and I can't blame them, it fits pretty well into the melody. But thanks to them this song creeps into my brain every once in a while. Others: "Purple Rain" by Prince "Perfect Circle" and "You Are The Everything" by R.E.M. "A Question of Lust" by Depeche Mode (actually it's not in the least bit obscene - if you can get past that word it's actually a real nice love song) "Raise Your Hands To Heaven" by Breathe "Catch" by The Cure "True" by Spandau Ballet "Always" by Atlantic Starr "Tender Love" by New Edition "Don't Dream It's Over" by Crowded House "Woman" by John Lennon "Heaven" by Bryan Adams
Dave Posted May 2, 2004 Author Posted May 2, 2004 (edited) Oh yeah, Thomas, I just thought of some more to add to my list! You reminded me of some. Hands To Heaven -- Breathe Don't Dream It's Over -- Crowded House Woman -- John Lennon Secret Lovers -- Atlantic Starr Friends And Lovers -- Gloria Loring and Carl Anderson Almost Over You -- Sheena Easton Total Eclipse Of The Heart -- Bonnie Tyler Edited May 2, 2004 by Dave
CreepyCrawler Posted May 2, 2004 Posted May 2, 2004 (edited) TIME AFTER TIME BY CINDI LAUPER! woo hoo! (i just saw this next to gandhi's head...doesn't it look like he's saying this? it's funny) Edited May 2, 2004 by CreepyCrawler
rachael Posted May 2, 2004 Posted May 2, 2004 Head Over Heels - Tears For Fears The Killing Moon - Echo And The Bunnymen
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now