hahahahha you people are weird :P
[/quote]

I think what you meant to write is "you people are avvesome!" :clap:

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1322887629' post='2343956']

I think what you meant to write is "you people are avvesome!" :clap:
[/quote]

I thought it meant the same thing :o

Strictlyinkblot

A month ago I was at an ordinary Sunday mass. The priest announced during the sermon that it was the anniversary of his ordination and if we didn't mind he'd like to lie on the floor while we recited the Creed. At first I was a bit nervous for him because he looked quite frail. He was a little shaky getting down on the floor and getting up again but there was something quite powerful about watching Our Priest humbling himself before the altar, tabernacle and the congregation.

So, diosecean priests lie on the floor for the Creed and order priests and other religious lie on the floor for the litany of the Saints? (my spelling is rubbish this morning)

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='Strictlyinkblot' timestamp='1322901072' post='2344011']
A month ago I was at an ordinary Sunday mass. The priest announced during the sermon that it was the anniversary of his ordination and if we didn't mind he'd like to lie on the floor while we recited the Creed. At first I was a bit nervous for him because he looked quite frail. He was a little shaky getting down on the floor and getting up again but there was something quite powerful about watching Our Priest humbling himself before the altar, tabernacle and the congregation.

So, diosecean priests lie on the floor for the Creed and order priests and other religious lie on the floor for the litany of the Saints? (my spelling is rubbish this morning)
[/quote]
That is so amazing. Wow, how great of him.

she_who_is_not

[quote name='CherieMadame' timestamp='1322878828' post='2343860']
In my former community, they did not lay prostrate during the actual taking of vows, but during the Mass they lay prostrate on the floor with their scapulars over their heads (instead of the pall, like some communities have) during the chanting of the Litany of the Saints.
[/quote]

The Nashville Dominicans do that as well! It must be a custom Mother brought with her when she started the community.

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1322943335' post='2344128']
[img]http://sistersofmary.org/images/slideshows/First_Profession_2010/38_The_Sisters_make_the_venia.JPG[/img]
[/quote]
Love this!!!

[quote name='Strictlyinkblot' timestamp='1322901072' post='2344011']

[/quote]

I went to an ordination a little over a year ago and the three priests that were being ordained prostrated on the floor during the litany of the saint which was sung beautifully.

LaPetiteSoeur

Last summer, I went into the church I worked in (yay for having keys!) and got to lay prostrate before the altar.

It was one of the most wonderful things ever.

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1322959326' post='2344201']
Last summer, I went into the church I worked in (yay for having keys!) and got to lay prostrate before the altar.

[/quote]
WOW! How razzle dazzle!!!!!

AccountDeleted

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1322959326' post='2344201']

[/quote]

Yeah, I've often had the keys to a church because I do volulnteer cleaning, so I am allowed to go and pray in private whenever I want, and to prostrate myself before the altar as long as I want! :love:

I still have the keys to my last church because I only moved into the next town and have the same priest here as there (he does four parishes). I don't get over there much but it's nice to know I can go if I want. The church right around the corner from me now is kept open most of the time by the remaining two nuns who live here, so I can go there anytime, but I never know when someone else will come in, so I don't usually feel comfortable prostrating myself there :)

It is nice when you spend time alone in a church.

Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1322967687' post='2344246']

Yeah, I've often had the keys to a church because I do volulnteer cleaning, so I am allowed to go and pray in private whenever I want, and to prostrate myself before the altar as long as I want! :love:

I still have the keys to my last church because I only moved into the next town and have the same priest here as there (he does four parishes). I don't get over there much but it's nice to know I can go if I want. The church right around the corner from me now is kept open most of the time by the remaining two nuns who live here, so I can go there anytime, but I never know when someone else will come in, so I don't usually feel comfortable prostrating myself there :)

It is nice when you spend time alone in a church.
[/quote]

I agree, time alone with our Beloved.

Every community that I've been familiar with has their sisters/nuns prostrate for the First Profession of Vows, but not during the actual taking of the vows. And for their Final Profession, they prostrate themselves during the Litany of the Saints....some use the pall, some do not.