• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dominicansoul

• i<3franciscans

• AccountDeleted

• Little Flower

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not to put a pox on this thread, but.... Did you ever stop to think your dream community exists in your dreams only?! I don't think there is ever a truly perfect community for anyone as we can alway

[quote name='Little Flower' timestamp='1323751862' post='2350208'] can i have some props please? i wants some [/quote] No pity props.

The one God calls me too

to quote EWIE, SHEESH! I WASN'T SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! do you seriously think I'm gonna rule out communities because they won't play hockey? im not sure any cloistered community would... Most of my "dream community" is just what I think would be fun, combined with what I feel God is calling me to. I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to be a cloistered nun. Any community that doesn't wear a habit raises some serious red flags for me, just because of what usually goes along with it. Also I don't see a reason [i]not[/i] to wear a habit, especially for a cloistered nun. And what I said about the charism of study, I truly feel drawn to that. It's not just a "that sounds razzle dazzle, lets do it!"

And would you say that girls should never be allowed to dream about the house they want to live in once they're married? I have no expectations of being able to actually enter a place like my "dream community". Having imagined a beautiful expansive mansion-like house doesn't ruin the small cramped house they wind up living in. They are happy there even though its not a castle. I know if I'm doing God's will I'll be happy wherever I enter, whether or not the monastery looks really razzle dazzle and nice and whether or not I have the fullest possible veil and habit.