dUSt Posted December 14, 2011 Posted December 14, 2011 I think this is pretty razzle dazzle, but not sure if it is appropriate... The lady who makes this jewelry uses old broken jewelry and rosaries and creates entirely new pieces. [img]http://img1.etsystatic.com/il_570xN.290930573.jpg[/img]
Nunsense Posted December 14, 2011 Posted December 14, 2011 Wow - it's beautiful. I think things can be de-sacramentalised (if that's the word) so I don't know why it wouldn't be okay to use the beads and medals for jewelry. Perhaps some might consider it irreverant, but it still looks beautiful to me.
dUSt Posted December 14, 2011 Author Posted December 14, 2011 Another example... [img]http://img2.etsystatic.com/il_570xN.287504678.jpg[/img]
dUSt Posted December 14, 2011 Author Posted December 14, 2011 [img]http://img0.etsystatic.com/il_570xN.288502760.jpg[/img] Ok, that's it. I'm starting to feel like a girl.
Nunsense Posted December 14, 2011 Posted December 14, 2011 I have a Rosary bracelet and one with medals on it, so that seems perfectly normal to me. The necklaces are different though but I like them.
BigJon16 Posted December 14, 2011 Posted December 14, 2011 I always find old broken rosaries. But I like to spend my time and money trying to "rebuild" them, instead of making completely "new" jewelry. Its become a bit of a hobby for me.
quia_pulvis Posted December 14, 2011 Posted December 14, 2011 What is the name of the seller. One of the Mom's at our grade school does these. Jennifer Perez. She has really amazing stuff, not just reused rosaries. Veri has several things from her and is constantly getting complements.
i<3franciscans Posted December 14, 2011 Posted December 14, 2011 I do stuff like that a lot. I do ton of rosaries bracelets people seem to like them.
LaPetiteSoeur Posted December 14, 2011 Posted December 14, 2011 My Godmother takes parts of old rosaries and makes new ones! A priest told her it was no issue, since she was making another rosary. I love the one she made for me, since the center bead (the first Our Father one) is a representation of the miraculous medal, and my patron saint is St. Catherine Laboure!
Sarah147 Posted December 14, 2011 Posted December 14, 2011 [quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1323826327' post='2350789'] [img]http://img0.etsystatic.com/il_570xN.288502760.jpg[/img] Ok, that's it. I'm starting to feel like a girl. [/quote] I have that medal. It's my favorite. I love the Sacred Heart.
fides' Jack Posted December 14, 2011 Posted December 14, 2011 The medals are fine in themselves, but these pieces are obviously there to look aesthetically pleasing, and in that sense, then no, they are not appropriate. People should not wear religious items to be noticed.
Verissima Posted December 14, 2011 Posted December 14, 2011 I think the biggest thing is that such pieces are worn with respect. I have a lovely bracelet made from vintage rosaries that I wore at my wedding. A miraculous medal and crucifix were also added. Every time I wear it, I remember our wedding and our prayers leading up to the big day.
Sarah147 Posted December 14, 2011 Posted December 14, 2011 It's okay to have Catholic gifts blessed. I think the questionable thing is whether it's okay to use sacramentals for wearing. It's meant for prayer.
MissScripture Posted December 14, 2011 Posted December 14, 2011 [quote name='fides' Jack' timestamp='1323905006' post='2351382'] The medals are fine in themselves, but these pieces are obviously there to look aesthetically pleasing, and in that sense, then no, they are not appropriate. People should not wear religious items to be noticed. [/quote] So, we can only wear religious items if they're ugly and/or unnoticeable?
Lil Red Posted December 15, 2011 Posted December 15, 2011 [quote name='fides' Jack' timestamp='1323905006' post='2351382'] The medals are fine in themselves, but these pieces are obviously there to look aesthetically pleasing, and in that sense, then no, they are not appropriate. People should not wear religious items to be noticed. [/quote] lol wut?
i<3franciscans Posted December 15, 2011 Posted December 15, 2011 [quote name='fides' Jack' timestamp='1323905006' post='2351382'] The medals are fine in themselves, but these pieces are obviously there to look aesthetically pleasing, and in that sense, then no, they are not appropriate. People should not wear religious items to be noticed. [/quote] I wear rosaries bracelets that catch people's attention all the time. I feel that they are just an outward sign of my faith. Just like if you wear a Catholic t-shirt.... ya know?
Nunsense Posted December 15, 2011 Posted December 15, 2011 [quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1323956216' post='2351605'] I wear rosaries bracelets that catch people's attention all the time. I feel that they are just an outward sign of my faith. Just like if you wear a Catholic t-shirt.... ya know? [/quote] I think my Crucifix catches attention too. That's not why I wear it though so perhaps that is the difference? But yes, how would wearing one of these necklaces be much different than a Catholic T-shirt??
i<3franciscans Posted December 15, 2011 Posted December 15, 2011 [quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1323956482' post='2351609'] I think my Crucifix catches attention too. That's not why I wear it though so perhaps that is the difference? But yes, how would wearing one of these necklaces be much different than a Catholic T-shirt?? [/quote]
mysisterisalittlesister Posted December 15, 2011 Posted December 15, 2011 i just think these are amesome
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now