CatherineM Posted December 15, 2011 Posted December 15, 2011 I used to take broken costume jewelry and make rosaries out of them, kind of this in reverse. My very devoutly Baptist Grandmother worked in the jewelry department of a big department store, so she got lots of those things for me to play with. My parents spent my childhood trying to find things to keep me occupied. I prefer to fix rosaries if I can.
Totus Tuus Posted December 15, 2011 Posted December 15, 2011 I always get uncomfortable with using a rosary for something other than being a rosary. I don't know if there's anything wrong with it, but I wouldn't wear it.
Diane Wurster Posted June 25, 2019 Posted June 25, 2019 I make religious jewelry out of broken rosaries and other vintage religious jewelry and findings with the hope it will bring the faithful comfort and joy when they wear it. I also hope that it will bring the wearer who is not religious closer to God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. I pray over each broken rosary I use that such would be the case. I also hope that the faithful feels empowered by wearing religious jewelry that I, or anyone else, makes. Is this wrong? You can look at my jewelry and see if you think it's not appropriate as jewelry at www.etsy.com/shop/Celestialbling Diane
Seven77 Posted June 25, 2019 Posted June 25, 2019 34 minutes ago, Diane Wurster said: I make religious jewelry out of broken rosaries and other vintage religious jewelry and findings with the hope it will bring the faithful comfort and joy when they wear it. I also hope that it will bring the wearer who is not religious closer to God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. I pray over each broken rosary I use that such would be the case. I also hope that the faithful feels empowered by wearing religious jewelry that I, or anyone else, makes. Is this wrong? You can look at my jewelry and see if you think it's not appropriate as jewelry at www.etsy.com/shop/Celestialbling Diane Celestial bling--- clever name and clever way of using broken rosaries.
CatherineM Posted June 25, 2019 Posted June 25, 2019 I use recycled centres and crucifix’s from broken rosaries to make new ones.
Diane Wurster Posted June 25, 2019 Posted June 25, 2019 @CatherineM I fix a lot of the broken rosaries that I get. Some, unfortunately, are too broken so I turn the parts into jewelry. I have to admit that I have a huge collection of gorgeous rosaries, most are ones I fixed- some from my childhood and some passed down as well. Do you sell the rosaries you fix? I would love to see some!
CatherineM Posted June 29, 2019 Posted June 29, 2019 On 6/25/2019 at 4:12 PM, Diane Wurster said: @CatherineM I fix a lot of the broken rosaries that I get. Some, unfortunately, are too broken so I turn the parts into jewelry. I have to admit that I have a huge collection of gorgeous rosaries, most are ones I fixed- some from my childhood and some passed down as well. Do you sell the rosaries you fix? I would love to see some! No I don’t sell them. I give them to the Marian Centre downtown. Homeless ministry run by a lay apostolate.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now