An Old School Catholic Message Board

Order Of Preachers

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1324328435' post='2353860']
:|
[/quote]

Ha. Don't worry, I haven't given up on Franciscans yet! They always have been and always will be my favorite Order, and will always have a special place in my heart. I'm still discerning with many Franciscan communities. In fact, more than likely, I'll join a Franciscan Community rather than a Dominican one. I love Dominicans, but I don't know, they just don't have that Franciscan appeal, you know? They just don't have that "ness" if you know what I mean.

i<3franciscans

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1324368519' post='2354330']
Ha. Don't worry, I haven't given up on Franciscans yet! They always have been and always will be my favorite Order, and will always have a special place in my heart. I'm still discerning with many Franciscan communities. In fact, more than likely, I'll join a Franciscan Community rather than a Dominican one. I love Dominicans, but I don't know, they just don't have that Franciscan appeal, you know? They just don't have that "ness" if you know what I mean.
[/quote]Franciscan are just so amazing they can't really be compared to Dominicans. LOL.

On a serious note: I completely understand what you mean. There is just something about them. Even if one day I find God is not calling me to the CFRs (Which is very unlikely...) I think that I would still stay Franciscan. I love the spiritually and I love St. Francis. His life has always fascinated me. :)

I will still write to you from the convent even if you do become a *shudders* Dominican. :P

PhuturePriest

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1324399033' post='2354440']
Franciscan are just so amazing they can't really be compared to Dominicans. LOL.

On a serious note: I completely understand what you mean. There is just something about them. Even if one day I find God is not calling me to the CFRs (Which is very unlikely...) I think that I would still stay Franciscan. I love the spiritually and I love St. Francis. His life has always fascinated me. :)

I will still write to you from the convent even if you do become a *shudders* Dominican. :P
[/quote]

Well, I'm still uncertain. The Fathers of Mercy seem to do exactly what I want: Preach to parishes, putting extra emphasis on Confession and the Eucharist. I want to preach first and foremost, and doing so as a Priest will be great. However, I'm still torn with the Diocesan Priesthood and a hand full of other Communities. I have three years to discern, and then the rest of my life from then on, but it still seems like I need to make the decision now. :P

Edited by FuturePriest387

i<3franciscans

[quote name='Little Flower' timestamp='1324488865' post='2355174']
<_< carmelite.

ops are waaaayyyyyyyy cooIer
[/quote]nope.

PhuturePriest

I think Dominicans and Franciscans are equally razzle dazzle. I mean, after all, Saint Dominic and Saint Francis were great friends. They never had the stupid argument of which Order was better, to my knowledge. They both saved the Church, and are still saving it, and that's all that matters to me. The question isn't which one is cooler, but which one you are called to.