Lil Red Posted August 10, 2012 Author Posted August 10, 2012 [quote name='brianthephysicist' timestamp='1344558387' post='2465274'] [spoiler]I would never do that to you, Red[/spoiler] [/quote] i do heart you.
IcePrincessKRS Posted August 10, 2012 Posted August 10, 2012 [quote name='brianthephysicist' timestamp='1344558387' post='2465274'] Oh man! I mentioned ponies and people propped my post! *squee!* That must mean [size=6]THEY WANT ME TO POST PONIES!!!![/size] [spoiler]I would never do that to you, Red[/spoiler] [/quote] I liked your post despite the nefarious pony reference.
franciscanheart Posted August 10, 2012 Posted August 10, 2012 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1344559399' post='2465287'] i do heart you. [/quote] It took seeing this to click on the spoiler tag. Those ponies grate my nerves on an unhealthy level.
MissyP89 Posted August 11, 2012 Posted August 11, 2012 Guys. It's a cartoon! Life is too short to get all bunched up over a pony.
Lil Red Posted August 11, 2012 Author Posted August 11, 2012 [quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1344647210' post='2465831'] Guys. It's a cartoon! Life is too short to get all [b]bunched[/b] up over a pony. [/quote] i see what you did there
PhuturePriest Posted August 11, 2012 Posted August 11, 2012 (edited) [quote name='brianthephysicist' timestamp='1344534194' post='2465066'] Probably not. I say those specific words because those words carry a certain meaning for me. What I think the word "hot" means doesn't mean the same thing for someone else. For example, I know a girl that puts what I would call a "pretty" ribbon in her hair, but she calls it "hot". But most of all, the most important thing is [i]how[/i] you wear your clothes, not [i]what [/i]you wear. I've often heard the saying that a nun could walk naked and still be modest. You seem like a reasonable person so there's no reason for me to assume you wearing those shoes has any immodest intent. I assumed you thought the same thing as my other friend, that they were what I would call "pretty" but thought that the word "hot" sounded cooler. But heck, I could be completely wrong about all this, I'm still learning. [/quote] I'm with you. I never say "She is hot", or "That is hot looking." For me the word "hot" implies lust with it. I always say "cute" or "Beautiful", since these do not imply that for me. But who knows, we're guys. Edit: Hm... Perhaps reading following posts would be beneficial? Edited August 11, 2012 by FuturePriest387
IcePrincessKRS Posted August 11, 2012 Posted August 11, 2012 [quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1344647210' post='2465831'] Guys. It's a cartoon! Life is too short to get all bunched up over a pony. [/quote] Yeah, but you could say that about anything distasteful. Like brussels sprouts or those uglier than sin Alexander McQueen shoes (you know the ones with the creepy bump and rhinestones all over the place... the ones that look like a bedazzled armadillo).
MIKolbe Posted August 11, 2012 Posted August 11, 2012 WAIT WAIT WAIT you dont like brussel sprouts? Those things are the bomb!! like tiny little cabbages of wonder and amazement!!!
IcePrincessKRS Posted August 11, 2012 Posted August 11, 2012 [quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1344687661' post='2465988'] WAIT WAIT WAIT you dont like brussel sprouts? Those things are the bomb!! like tiny little cabbages of wonder and amazement!!! [/quote] If I wanted to eat cabbage I'd buy cabbage.
AnneLine Posted August 11, 2012 Posted August 11, 2012 (edited) I don't care for the vege too much, but I love that in Italian they are called 'cavoletti' - little horsemen! From the way they 'ride' their stalks! Always make me rememeber that God has a wonderful sense of humor.... baby cabbages riding on hobby horses. [url="http://survivalfarm.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/brussel_sprout_igor.jpg"][img]http://survivalfarm.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/brussel_sprout_igor.jpg?w=500[/img][/url] Hmmmmm maybe THAT's what the 'ponies' should become..... 'my little brussels sprouts'.... Edited August 11, 2012 by AnneLine
xTrishaxLynnx Posted August 11, 2012 Posted August 11, 2012 [quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1344710203' post='2466147'] I don't care for the vege too much, but I love that in Italian they are called 'cavoletti' - little horsemen! From the way they 'ride' their stalks! Always make me rememeber that God has a wonderful sense of humor.... baby cabbages riding on hobby horses. [url="http://survivalfarm.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/brussel_sprout_igor.jpg"][img]http://survivalfarm.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/brussel_sprout_igor.jpg?w=500[/img][/url] Hmmmmm maybe THAT's what the 'ponies' should become..... 'my little brussels sprouts'.... [/quote] You're a genius, AnneLine!
HopefulBride Posted August 11, 2012 Posted August 11, 2012 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1344660915' post='2465918'] Yeah, but you could say that about anything distasteful. Like brussels sprouts or those uglier than sin Alexander McQueen shoes (you know the ones with the creepy bump and rhinestones all over the place... the ones that look like a bedazzled armadillo). [/quote] bwaahaaahahahaha Bedazzled armadillo. I lol'ed.
HopefulBride Posted August 11, 2012 Posted August 11, 2012 [quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1344687661' post='2465988'] WAIT WAIT WAIT you dont like brussel sprouts? Those things are the bomb!! like tiny little cabbages of wonder and amazement!!! [/quote] Wait brussel sprouts are little cabbages? seriously? wow, I've never cared for them. For some reason the name brussel sprout seem soooo undesirable that I never attempted to eat them. Maybe I should reconsider. Nope, still don't want them.
MIKolbe Posted August 11, 2012 Posted August 11, 2012 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1344699500' post='2466050'] If I wanted to eat cabbage I'd buy cabbage. [/quote] don't get snippy with me, lady...
AnneLine Posted August 12, 2012 Posted August 12, 2012 (edited) [quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1344712865' post='2466169'] Wait brussel sprouts are little cabbages? seriously? wow, I've never cared for them. For some reason the name brussel sprout seem soooo undesirable that I never attempted to eat them. Maybe I should reconsider. Nope, still don't want them. [/quote] [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=OPpvViI6tgg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=OPpvViI6tgg[/url] [url="http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001150/"][i]Scotty[/i][/url]: What is it? [i][url="http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000653/"]Lt. Commander Data[/url][/i]: It is... [[i]he looks and sniffs at it[/i]] [i][url="http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000653/"]Lt. Commander Data[/url][/i]: It is... [[i]he looks at it again, obviously not any wiser[/i]] [i][url="http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000653/"]Lt. Commander Data[/url][/i]: It is green. Edited August 12, 2012 by AnneLine
Papist Posted August 13, 2012 Posted August 13, 2012 [quote name='the171' timestamp='1344490566' post='2464930'] just wondering. how is being super hot immodest? [/quote] Well, I try not to display ostentatiously, especially in order to provoke envy or admiration or to show off. I try my best to dress and behave in a non-sexually provocative way. However, most chicks say that makes me even hotter. It is a conundrum.
AnneLine Posted August 13, 2012 Posted August 13, 2012 Thank you for that, Papist. It can be just as hard for men as for women to toe the line (excuse the pun). However, when toeing it, I think you SHOULD leave off the 4 inch green heels. Would be WAY too ostentatious.
arfink Posted August 13, 2012 Posted August 13, 2012 [quote name='Papist' timestamp='1344860826' post='2466830'] Well, I try not to display ostentatiously, especially in order to provoke envy or admiration or to show off. I try my best to dress and behave in a non-sexually provocative way. However, most chicks say that makes me even hotter. It is a conundrum. [/quote] Does this mean no top hats and bow ties?
Papist Posted August 13, 2012 Posted August 13, 2012 [quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1344871694' post='2466895'] Thank you for that, Papist. It can be just as hard for men as for women to toe the line (excuse the pun). However, when toeing it, I think you SHOULD leave off the 4 inch green heels. Would be WAY too ostentatious. [/quote] They were a gift. [quote name='arfink' timestamp='1344872063' post='2466897'] Does this mean no top hats and bow ties? [/quote] Depends on the context.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now