An Old School Catholic Message Board

Newt Gingrich Controversies

PhuturePriest

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1327281539' post='2373548']
We wouldn't need to do this if we didn't own them money...
[/quote]

Don't be silly. Even if we had no financial dealings with China we would still have to worry about how they intend to use their rapidly modernizing million-man army. Anyway as far as money goes, our arrangement with the Chinese is as sure a guarnatee of peace as any. Their position is far worse than our own. If your neighbor owes you $100 bucks, and he can't pay, your neighbor has a problem. If your neighbor owes you $1 million bucks, and he can't pay you back, YOU have a problem.

[quote name='Lilllabettt' timestamp='1327282405' post='2373556']

Don't be silly...
[/quote]

Uh oh. Homeschoolmom is gonna be so mad at you and your "disheartening" lack of charity.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1327259466' post='2373275']
Kujo- He said he's sorry. Your lack of charity is disheartening. If it makes you feel like a big man to push around a teenager, I feel sad for you.
[/quote]
I don't see how Kujo has done anything other than criticize FP's opinions. Which are well deserving of criticism. I started posting online at FP's age and the one thing that annoyed me more than anything else was when people used my age to disregard my arguments. FP is fifteen. Not eight. In three years he'll be old enough to smoke, join the military, go to college, start a family, or get a full time job. He's currently old enough to be charged for a capital crime in many states. He's old enough to have his arguments and assertions receive the dignity of criticism.

There's no need to be an arse like I was before I knew his age. But getting his arguments roundly criticized and challenged, and they should be because many of his arguments are silly, will help him by teaching him how to present a sound, intelligent argument. When I was his age I took AP classes under a teacher who was a doctoral student at a really good school who believed in the Socratic Method. I got the poo kicked out of me intellectually on a regular basis. It wasn't fun realizing that many of my opinions were ill-conceived but the experience helped me immeasurably when I had to do research and present arguments to professors a few years later. I think that's true of most people who have good teachers who challenged them. And the same thing happened to me online. It was a good experience and I'm glad I wasn't shielded from it by well meaning people who wanted to protect the sanctity of my opinions. I understand what where you're coming from. But I think it's somewhat overprotective

Edited by Hasan

HisChildForever

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1327281409' post='2373545']
Hear hear. I don't like Romney or think he'll win the nomination, but if he does I'll support him and then immediately start repressing the memory. Not that I can vote in the first place. :P
[/quote]

Yeah but you know what, it's great that you're involved and interested in learning more.

[quote name='HisChildForever' timestamp='1327284667' post='2373573']
Yeah but you know what, it's great that you're involved and interested in learning more.
[/quote]

For all the disagreeing I've had in thread with FP, I agree 100% with this statement. I'd rather disagree with someone his age than have someone who didn't care at all. So few people care about the future of their nation as adults, let alone as teenagers. :)

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1327284861' post='2373575']
For all the disagreeing I've had in thread with FP, I agree 100% with this statement. I'd rather disagree with someone his age than have someone who didn't care at all. So few people care about the future of their nation as adults, let alone as teenagers. :)
[/quote]

This is quite true.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1327285702' post='2373583']
This is quite true.
[/quote]

Pffft he stole that from me, I just said that in AIM lol.

Dunno if this is related to Newt's win or not, the dead people could have voted for anyone, but... [url="http://www.wtoc.com/story/16571904/south-carolinas-attorney-general-detects-voter-fraud-for-primaries"]953 dead people voted in South Carolina's Primary.[/url]

PhuturePriest

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1327287347' post='2373603']
Dunno if this is related to Newt's win or not, the dead people could have voted for anyone, but... [url="http://www.wtoc.com/story/16571904/south-carolinas-attorney-general-detects-voter-fraud-for-primaries"]953 dead people voted in South Carolina's Primary.[/url]
[/quote]

I doubt 953 dead people count for much, considering Newt Gingrich got 243,153 votes.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1327284861' post='2373575']
[/quote]

Oh sure. Way to be nice at the last moment and save yourself some charity points. :P

Edited by FuturePriest387

[quote name='HisChildForever' timestamp='1327273667' post='2373464']
What type of hat are we talking here??
[/quote]

It doesn't matter. He has never apologized for his behavior on this phorum.

[quote name='HisChildForever' timestamp='1327273667' post='2373464']
What type of hat are we talking here??
[/quote]

felt?