An Old School Catholic Message Board

Newt Gingrich Controversies

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1327241741' post='2373174']
No, I just imagine he will not take kindly to the snide tone in that post.
[/quote]

There was no tone. If that's what you gathered out of it you got the wrong tone on your own. I did not use a snide tone, nor was I even angry.

[quote name='jaime' timestamp='1327215207' post='2373121']
I said impassioned.
[/quote]

Sorry. What did you mean by impassioned?

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1327242504' post='2373177']
There was no tone. If that's what you gathered out of it you got the wrong tone on your own. I did not use a snide tone, nor was I even angry.
[/quote]

Then my mistake. The whole "I'm gonna take an educated guess" bit seemed a little sarcastic, but hey, you said it wasn't.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1327242549' post='2373177']

Sorry. What did you mean by impassioned?
[/quote]

You use some strong language and make statements that feel pretty emotional. It comes across like this is something important to you and it's important for others to see your view. Nothing wrong with that! It happens to all of us. But sometimes it can make the debate table less.... fruitful.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='jaime' timestamp='1327243012' post='2373181']
You use some strong language and make statements that feel pretty emotional. It comes across like this is something important to you and it's important for others to see your view. Nothing wrong with that! It happens to all of us. But sometimes it can make the debate table less.... fruitful.
[/quote]

I was stressed yesterday, so I do apologize if I said anything uncharitable or at the very least said something that seemed uncharitable. By the middle of the day I was done with debating, but now that Newt Gingrich won South Carolina by a landslide I'm quite re-energized. :P

Edited by FuturePriest387

PhuturePriest

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1327242563' post='2373179']
Then my mistake. The whole "I'm gonna take an educated guess" bit seemed a little sarcastic, but hey, you said it wasn't.
[/quote]

I didn't mean for it to sound that way. I was just stating that it was an educated guess after reading his comments. I like Ron Paul very much, I just believe that we shouldn't take all of the bases out of the world. I would agree with most of them, since we have absolutely no need for bases in Columbia, in which our troops spray chemicals on the coca plants to stop them from growing, all the while causing sickness to the children because of the chemicals. And I don't really like our bases in places such as New Zealand, which has absolutely no strategic value whatsoever. Having New Zealand is like making sure you control Egypt on Risk!, quite honestly. But I do think we should keep our bases in South Korea in order to keep the North Koreans in check. The only thing stopping them from bombing all of South Korea is our military presence there, and I in no good conscience can vote for a man that will sit idly by while millions of innocent people die by the attacks and sieges of Communists. If you let your enemy get more land, they'll only get more people and more power, which will enable them to get more, and more, until they are bigger and more powerful than you, and nothing will stop them from taking over America. And that, my friend, is a scary thought indeed.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1327254381' post='2373248']
I didn't mean for it to sound that way. I was just stating that it was an educated guess after reading his comments. I like Ron Paul very much, I just believe that we shouldn't take all of the bases out of the world. I would agree with most of them, since we have absolutely no need for bases in Columbia, in which our troops spray chemicals on the coca plants to stop them from growing, all the while causing sickness to the children because of the chemicals. And I don't really like our bases in places such as New Zealand, which has absolutely no strategic value whatsoever. Having New Zealand is like making sure you control Egypt on Risk!, quite honestly. But I do think we should keep our bases in South Korea in order to keep the North Koreans in check. The only thing stopping them from bombing all of South Korea is our military presence there, and I in no good conscience can vote for a man that will sit idly by while millions of innocent people die by the attacks and sieges of Communists. If you let your enemy get more land, they'll only get more people and more power, which will enable them to get more, and more, until they are bigger and more powerful than you, and nothing will stop them from taking over America. And that, my friend, is a scary thought indeed.
[/quote]

Your understanding of military strategy is lacking...but since we're giving out passes for 15 year olds, I suppose I should just be impressed that you know that we even have bases in New Zealand, even if you misspelled CoLOMBIA.

homeschoolmom

Kujo- He said he's sorry. Your lack of charity is disheartening. If it makes you feel like a big man to push around a teenager, I feel sad for you.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1327259466' post='2373275']
Kujo- He said he's sorry. Your lack of charity is disheartening. If it makes you feel like a big man to push around a teenager, I feel sad for you.
[/quote]

Hi HSM. It's sure nice to hear from you in such a typical fashion. If I'm not allowed to take issue with him and his opinion, perhaps Phatmass should just get rid of the phorum entirely. I don't care how old he is; if he's wrong, he's wrong. He doesn't get a pass because he's a teenager, and I'm quite sure that he doesn't need you or anyone else to provide a skirt for him to hide behind. If he's man enough to express his opinion--which he has been, on his own--he ought to be man enough to accept the criticism such an opinion elicits. I admire him for not bringing up his age, or using it as a crutch. People like you are the ones who continue to try and shield him from argumentation that I've yet to see him hide from. Let him speak for himself and quit trying to make me out to be a bad guy simply because I argue with the same passion FuturePriest does.

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1327267066' post='2373318']
Hi HSM. It's sure nice to hear from you in such a typical fashion. If I'm not allowed to take issue with him and his opinion, perhaps Phatmass should just get rid of the phorum entirely. I don't care how old he is; if he's wrong, he's wrong. He doesn't get a pass because he's a teenager, and I'm quite sure that he doesn't need you or anyone else to provide a skirt for him to hide behind. If he's man enough to express his opinion--which he has been, on his own--he ought to be man enough to accept the criticism such an opinion elicits. I admire him for not bringing up his age, or using it as a crutch. People like you are the ones who continue to try and shield him from argumentation that I've yet to see him hide from. Let him speak for himself and quit trying to make me out to be a bad guy simply because I argue with the same passion FuturePriest does.
[/quote]

-1 prop

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1327253912' post='2373244']

I was stressed yesterday, so I do apologize if I said anything uncharitable or at the very least said something that seemed uncharitable. By the middle of the day I was done with debating, but now that Newt Gingrich won South Carolina by a landslide I'm quite re-energized. :P
[/quote]

I appreciate a good debate, even when it becomes heated. And I respect that you make your opinions heard without the need of the "old folks" on PM. You're alright by me, even if I disagree with you on Newt.

Btw, you're in good company in terms of supporting Newt. My father, a man who is very smart and very politically-astute, loves the guy, as do many South Carolinians.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1327267066' post='2373318']
[/quote]

You are allowed to take issue with him and his position. Where did I say you weren't? I think it's rude and a little silly to point out that he misused Columbia in place of Colombia. Sheesh. That's a really irrelevant point. Just stay on topic.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1327268253' post='2373348']

You are allowed to take issue with him and his position. Where did I say you weren't? I think it's rude and a little silly to point out that he misused Columbia in place of Colombia. Sheesh. That's a really irrelevant point. Just stay on topic.
[/quote]

Maybe you're the one who is being "silly." He misspelled something, and I pointed it out, more in jest than anything.

How about you let him fight his own battles?

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1327259466' post='2373275']
[/quote]
I don't think it makes him feel like a big man. I think his 250pounds of manflesh do that.

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1327269720' post='2373369']

I don't think it makes him feel like a big man. I think his 250pounds of manflesh do that.
[/quote]

250 lbs? You flatter me...