An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Are You Planning On Reading For Lent?

das8949

mysisterisalittlesister

[quote name='Strictlyinkblot' timestamp='1327954886' post='2377803']
I haven't given much thought to it. I'll probably reread 'The Story of a Soul' and 'Divine Mercy in My Soul'.
[/quote] yes, that book is perfect for all seasons :love:

Divine Mercy 9999

[quote name='elizabeth09' timestamp='1328047850' post='2378505']
I may read Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit
[/quote]

The Silmarillion is good, too. (But read the others first.)

[quote name='i<3LSOP' timestamp='1328020000' post='2378242']
I think I'll be reading "Between Heaven and Mirth" it's not extremely "holy" :paperbag: but it should be good...
[/quote]

My copy should arrive any day now and plan to read it before Lent. If its about what I think its about i.e. how to live the spiritual life with joy interior and exterior would be quite holy I think............if its about what I think it is about which I hope!!! :paperbag:
St Teresa of Avila "Lord, please spare me your gloomy saints"

Edit: Went off and found this review from ThinkingFaith.org - book sounds inspirationally holy thinking.
[url="http://www.thinkingfaith.org/articles/BOOK_20111220_1.htm"]http://www.thinkingfaith.org/articles/BOOK_20111220_1.htm[/url]

Edited by BarbaraTherese

• 2 weeks later...

I need to finish The Foundations of Religious Life.

And then, who knows, something off my bookshelf that i have been meaning to read.

Maybe the Imitation of Christ or True Devotion to Mary. :love:

I'm going to read "...And You Are Christ's" by Thomas Dubay.
A friend gave it to me, and though it seems to be geared toward those discerning the Consecrated Single Life, I figured it would be a good read.
I also plan on reading Louis deMontfort's "True Devotion to Mary" (and hopefully do the Consecration as well).

Katiebobatie94

well, its not necessarily a religious book, but because i dont get to read it that much because of school and i'm off during president's week, im going to try to finish tuesdays with morrie

[quote name='Tally Marx' timestamp='1329156565' post='2386376']
I'm going to read "...And You Are Christ's" by Thomas Dubay.
A friend gave it to me, and though it seems to be geared toward those discerning the Consecrated Single Life, I figured it would be a good read.
I also plan on reading Louis deMontfort's "True Devotion to Mary" (and hopefully do the Consecration as well).
[/quote]
I read and I love "And You are Christ's"! It gave me a deeper appreciation of the charism of virginity.

Strictlyinkblot

I've just bought 'The Writings of St. Teresa of Avila vol.2' so I'll be reading 'The Interior Castle' and 'The Way of Perfection'.

JMJT

I am reading St Bridgets writings on the passion.. so very beautiful! The passion always gives me much strength and I know you will love this book!

• 2 weeks later...
Queen'sDaughter

I am reading "The Rule of Saint Benedict", and "True Devotion to Mary", by St. Louis de Montfort. I used to read the Bible every day as well, but my SD made me stop and take time to read other spiritual works.