An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ron Paul's Abortion Commercial

thessalonian

[quote name='thessalonian' timestamp='1328204244' post='2379610']
And I don't appreciate your insulting post. You sound a bit sanctimonious toward me yourself.
[/quote]
I am not above criticism. I don't think I'm any better than you. I'm just calling you out on your judgmental attitude here. And you're basically just saying that you're rubber and I'm glue, that I'm being sanctimonious because it makes you uncomfortable that I've called you out for a sanctimonious attitude here. Why not focus on the actual point I have raised, recognize my points about #1 the things we don't know about the situation and #2 the many other factors that were involved in the incident; points that I have made to illustrate to you that your declaration of how much better of a job you would've done in this situation is unrealistic and judgmental.

Edited by Aloysius

Anyway, I don't want any trouble here man, I'm not trying to insult you and if you feel insulted I apologize. I am specifically talking about the way you are talking about this specific incident, I'm not trying to insult you as a person or anything. I just think we need to step back and recognize how complicated the situation would have been and how it's far too simplistic to sit back and act like any of us would've been able to do anything else.

Sounds like a lot of people are assuming he didn't do anything. What if he did speak up? What if he went over there to see the baby and by that time it was in fact dead. What if he couldn't get to it at all because of the set up of the room?

The video doesn't say one way or another.

Edited by rkwright

[quote name='thessalonian' timestamp='1327961553' post='2377868']BUT WHY THE HELL DIDN'T HE STEP UP FOR THE BABY IN THE BUCKET AND DO SOMETHING!
[/quote]
Maybe he thought that if he helped him, the baby would go buy booze.