BittersweetMaine Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 (edited) .................... Have you guys been seeing all the nasty comments over this about the Church and "all it's money"? Mostly on secular websites... I don't think that building looks so very Catholic. I just wince whenever someone reminds me of it. But I liked MaterMisericordiae's name suggestion. Edited February 12, 2012 by BittersweetMaine
dantim86@aol.com Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 All this name making stuff is razzle dazzle. I agree that it will be kind of hard to make it seem reverent. But I think they could make it look razzle dazzle. If they do it right, it will be really razzle dazzle. But there is alot of glass. A heck of alot of light.
OnlySunshine Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 (edited) [quote name='BittersweetMaine' timestamp='1329028139' post='2385836'] .................... Have you guys been seeing all the nasty comments over this about the Church and "all it's money"? Mostly on secular websites... I don't think that building looks so very Catholic. I just wince whenever someone reminds me of it. But I liked MaterMisericordiae's name suggestion. [/quote] Thanks! I love the Transfiguration of Jesus Christ. I'm in CRHP and we are having our women's weekend on March 3rd and 4th. I looked ahead to see what readings are on Sunday (the 4th) and it's the story of the Transfiguration! It's so perfect because our theme is about walking in the light of Christ. Edited February 12, 2012 by MaterMisericordiae
Innocent Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 If Apotheoun were still posting regularly, I suppose he'd suggest "The Taboric Light." But then again, he might not, since he would probably say that the architecture of this building doesn't fulfill the role of [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/99641-ugly-churches/page__view__findpost__p__1987269"]a church building as an icon[/url].
Maximilianus Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 [quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1329025555' post='2385818'] I like that. I love Our Lady of Guadalupe and she's a good intercessor, however, I think they are looking for something related to the life of Christ or one of His mysteries. [/quote] I missed that part.
OnlySunshine Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 [quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1329030014' post='2385850'] I missed that part. [/quote] No worries. I'm not really sure why they only want something related to Christ and not a saint or His Mother. Weird.
Innocent Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 Actually, the first thing that comes to my mind on looking at the photographs of this church building is the Fortress of Solitude.
dUSt Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 The Cathedral of Saint Peter Faber. (aka - The Cathedral of SPF)
Luigi Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 Why have I not thought of this before? The CHRIST-al Cathedral!
OnlySunshine Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 [quote name='Luigi' timestamp='1329069279' post='2385946'] Why have I not thought of this before? The CHRIST-al Cathedral! [/quote]
Clare~Therese Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 I'm not good at thinking of names. Cathedral of the Resurrection of Christ Cathedral of Christ the King I don't know.
GeorgiiMichael Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 I suggested "The Cathedral of Jesus Christ Triumphant" I felt it was fitting in that the Catholic Church, by taking away this protestant place of worship in a peaceful way, always prevails. Because as ugly as the building might be, I'd rather it be Catholic than not.
Amppax Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 [quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1329079182' post='2385995'] But it's so pretty [/quote]
Lil Red Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 [quote name='GeorgiiMichael' timestamp='1329078917' post='2385993'] I suggested "The Cathedral of Jesus Christ Triumphant" I felt it was fitting in that the Catholic Church, by taking away this protestant place of worship in a peaceful way, always prevails. Because as ugly as the building might be, I'd rather it be Catholic than not. [/quote] amen!
Nunsense Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 [quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1329034153' post='2385855'] No worries. I'm not really sure why they only want something related to Christ and not a saint or His Mother. Weird. [/quote] It was probably part of the sales agreement because the Protestants don't want it to appear 'too Catholic' to the people who used to worship there. They might like something like Christ Our Saviour Cathedral or Christ the Redeemer Cathedral because then it could be Catholic or Protestant in appearance?
Libcath2000 Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 I would have gone with the 'Cathedral Church of the Good Samaritan' myself, since its acquisition into a Catholic place of worship was pretty generous on the part of the Protestants. After all, they could have sold it to a number of their own co-religionists. However, I've submitted, the Cathedral of Christ the Redeemer.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now