An Old School Catholic Message Board

Habits

PhuturePriest

InPersonaChriste

For Men I like the Carthusian habit or the Franciscan habit.

For women I like the Missionaries of charity and the Benedictine Habit.

[i][size=1] The most beautiful habit is the one [i][u]God[/u][/i] sees, which is a heart adorned for Him with virtues.[/size][/i]
[i][size=1] Asking Mary to help you dress spiritually is surely to provide the finest things one can wear[/size][/i]
[i][size=1] and the most pleasing to the One who matters. Also to be covered by Mary’s mantle.[/size][/i]

This is probably a quote from someone here in the phorum. I really can't remember where I read it but I like it so well that I copied it so that I could always return to it.
That being said, I love the Benedictine habit first and always. :heart:

To Sr. Marie...

Sr. Marie...thank you for being here!!!! I think you add an element of maturity both in LIFE and religious LIFE. I am from an era where "discernment" was the nuns in school talking about vocations and the possibility of religious life. Those days were in the 50's and 60's. Sometimes I think it was less complicated than what I'm seeing and hearing these days. The young people of today are "discerning" for very long periods of time. Maybe this is good in terms of how long people are staying in religious life. But I can't help but think that the "old" way was far less complex and therefore, people stayed in religious life versus coming and going.
It appears to me that there's a focus on "the habit"...how the habit looks, what color is the habit, etc. etc. There are people in there that I would expect are choosing the order by the habit versus the charism, apolstolate or location.
I think that what Sr. Marie is say is that religious life and the habit are not what makes the religious.