An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is It Normal

Joan Marie Wandel

Joan Marie Wandel

Is it normal to feel excited about going through the process of discerning or even excited about upcoming discerning thing a person is going too?

Totally normal, there'll be more excitement to come; along with first date butterfly feelings when you start visiting communities.

PhuturePriest

Of course! I've been so happy about learning exciting information concerning a Community that I did an Irish jig! Be happy and enjoy yourself, because discernment sometimes takes years, so you might as well enjoy the ride.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329081816' post='2386024']
Of course! I've been so happy about learning exciting information concerning a Community that I did an Irish jig! Be happy and enjoy yourself, because discernment sometimes takes years, so you might as well enjoy the ride.
[/quote]

I echo what he said about discernment taking years. I started discerning Religious Life seriously since 2008. I began discerning with the community I am about to enter in 2009. I got accepted over a year ago and I am still waiting and discerning. Just take it easy, trust the Lord and give it time.

Pax!

Joan Marie Wandel

[b][quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1329082933' post='2386031']
I echo what he said about discernment taking years. I started discerning Religious Life seriously since 2008. I began discerning with the community I am about to enter in 2009. I got accepted over a year ago and I am still waiting and discerning. Just take it easy, trust the Lord and give it time.

Pax!
[/quote][/b]

[b]What order are you going into?[/b]

I agree with all of the above. It is a very exciting time and may take years. The first date butterflies as so fun. All in God's time.

PhuturePriest

You get butterfly feelings when you go to visit a Community? I can't wait for that. I've never had the privilege of visiting one, so perhaps I need to make a date?

Edited by FuturePriest387

[quote name='Joan Marie Wandel' timestamp='1329083466' post='2386038']

[b]What order are you going into?[/b]
[/quote]

The Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Church

[img]http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/426048_237480649667936_186552274760774_562140_520388804_n.jpg[/img]
[list]
[*][url="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sisters-of-Mary-Mother-of-the-Church/186552274760774"]Their Facebook Page [/url]
[*][url="http://www.sistersofmarymc.org"]Their Website[/url]
[/list]
:love:

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1329082933' post='2386031']

Pax!
[/quote]

Not to hijack the thread, but how is your debt coming along? Is it being paid off pretty well? I'm really praying that your entrance will not be delayed again. If I had money, I'd surely give you some to help you pay it off. :)