An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is It Normal

Joan Marie Wandel

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1329087764' post='2386072']

The Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Church

[img]http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/426048_237480649667936_186552274760774_562140_520388804_n.jpg[/img][list]
[*][url="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sisters-of-Mary-Mother-of-the-Church/186552274760774"]Their Facebook Page [/url]
[*][url="http://www.sistersofmarymc.org"]Their Website[/url]
[/list]
:love:
[/quote]

:nun1: :love: :nun1: :love:

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1329095584' post='2386119']
Not to hijack the thread, but how is your debt coming along? Is it being paid off pretty well? I'm really praying that your entrance will not be delayed again. If I had money, I'd surely give you some to help you pay it off. :)
[/quote]

Thanks for the prayers MM. It's coming along pretty well and I have great hope that it is God's will for me to enter this year. However if in His wisdom he sees fit for me to wait I am sure I will have another very fruitful year in waiting.

Joan Marie Wandel

I don't know about anyone else, but I think its one of the most wonderful things is to have the calling to relegious life. I believe God has a plan for us.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Joan Marie Wandel' timestamp='1329200462' post='2386785']
I don't know about anyone else, but I think its one of the most wonderful things is to have the calling to relegious life. I believe God has a plan for us.
[/quote]

I'm certainly happier than when I thought I was called to marriage. Then again, I only figured I was called to marriage because I was plagued with lust, and Priests and Friars obviously don't have that, so that was a clear indication that I was called to marriage.

But really, throughout the past year I have had a total transformation. I am happier now more than ever, and I'd really appreciate it if I could enter Seminary or a Religious Order when I am sixteen instead of eighteen. Perhaps I should bring that up with the Bishop, and he could write a letter to the Pope?

[quote name='Joan Marie Wandel' timestamp='1329200462' post='2386785']
[/quote]

I always feel so humbled by the call to religious life. There are people surely much worthier of the call than I am, yet I am called. It makes me feel so incredibly blessed.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329204164' post='2386792']
I'm certainly happier than when I thought I was called to marriage. Then again, I only figured I was called to marriage because I was plagued with lust, and Priests and Friars obviously don't have that, so that was a clear indication that I was called to marriage.

But really, throughout the past year I have had a total transformation. I am happier now more than ever, and I'd really appreciate it if I could enter Seminary or a Religious Order when I am sixteen instead of eighteen. Perhaps I should bring that up with the Bishop, and he could write a letter to the Pope?
[/quote]

Patience is a virtue, and one that will be greatly needed in religious life or the priesthood. The formation processes are long so one must be patient through those before they can take that final step to be consecrated forever. Especially with the difficulty you seem to be having in discerning the specific call (between religious life, priesthood) then having time on your side is a good thing. You have the time so you should make use of it, both for discernment and to learn more patience.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1329218034' post='2386795']
I always feel so humbled by the call to religious life. There are people surely much worthier of the call than I am, yet I am called. It makes me feel so incredibly blessed.

Patience is a virtue, and one that will be greatly needed in religious life or the priesthood. The formation processes are long so one must be patient through those before they can take that final step to be consecrated forever. Especially with the difficulty you seem to be having in discerning the specific call (between religious life, priesthood) then having time on your side is a good thing. You have the time so you should make use of it, both for discernment and to learn more patience.
[/quote]
[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1329218034' post='2386795']

[/quote]

Well, it's not really a problem with patience as it is a problem with simply not knowing, as you say. I cannot decide between the Diocesan Priesthood or Religious life, and trying to discern for a year and knowing it will be longer is difficult.