An Old School Catholic Message Board

Talk With Sisters Yesterday

OnlySunshine

inunionwithrome

I too also had experience with the sisters leaving before I could talk to them. At our last parish, there were sisters in the gym directly across from the church but only a "select few" were invited. However, "do not be discouraged my daughter, because your faith has saved you." (It's in the Bible somewhere) I would say keep on discerning in the way that the Lord wants you to go. For every door He closes, there is another one that He opens! :saint2:

[quote name='inunionwithrome' timestamp='1329243228' post='2386975']
I too also had experience with the sisters leaving before I could talk to them. At our last parish, there were sisters in the gym directly across from the church but only a "select few" were invited. However, "do not be discouraged my daughter, because your faith has saved you." (It's in the Bible somewhere) I would say keep on discerning in the way that the Lord wants you to go. For every door He closes, there is another one that He opens! :saint2:
[/quote]

You would think I would have learnt this by now. The last time I thought discernment for religious life was over, God told me otherwise. He did it again. I've got to stop shutting that door. That's not to say that anything will happen, but I need to be open if it does! :)

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1329276957' post='2387306']
:shock:
[/quote]

Don't act so surprised! :hehe2:

It's so difficult to ignore the Holy Spirit when He speaks to your heart. I talked to my priest in Confession tonight and told him what happened because the Sisters asked me to speak to him and get a pamphlet. We were laughing because we both understand what it's all about when the Holy Spirit nudges you repeatedly. I've got to stop by the Church office sometime this week and pick a pamphlet up. ;)

Wow! Just..so...surprised. :)

These nudgings to your heart, would that be anything like what my heart feels about marriage or what's it like?

Divine Mercy 9999

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1329331801' post='2387569']
Wow! Just..so...surprised. :)

These nudgings to your heart, would that be anything like what my heart feels about marriage or what's it like?
[/quote]

They can be like two by fours to the head sometimes. :) :) :) When God is talking, it can be REALLY hard to ignore sometimes.

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1329338267' post='2387635']
I may have missed it, but do you still have an SD?
[/quote]

No, I don't have one. Haven't been able to find one since I stopped seeing the first in July 2009. I asked my pastor and the diocesan vocation director but they couldn't help. Neither one knew of anyone who could give spiritual direction in this area. :(

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

franciscanheart

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1329339151' post='2387639']
No, I don't have one. Haven't been able to find one since I stopped seeing the first in July 2009. I asked my pastor and the diocesan vocation director but they couldn't help. Neither one knew of anyone who could give spiritual direction in this area. :(
[/quote]
I guess that means your pastor is too busy? Is there another consecrated person in your diocese (or surrounding area) who is open to meeting with you even once per month?

I have a terrible memory and cannot remember where you are exactly, but it surprises me that no one is available to help you.

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1329340526' post='2387645']
I guess that means your pastor is too busy? Is there another consecrated person in your diocese (or surrounding area) who is open to meeting with you even once per month?

I have a terrible memory and cannot remember where you are exactly, but it surprises me that no one is available to help you.
[/quote]

Yes, he's a very busy man. Unfortunately, when I asked the Vocation Director of the Diocese, he said there are no qualified spiritual directors in our diocese and he really needed some because I was not the only one to tell him that I couldn't find anyone available. We do not have many religious in our diocese at all. That's why my pastor is trying to get the Sisters to build a convent here. Once they come, they'll be able to do spiritual direction because it's one of their many ministries. At this time, I'm having to do without.

Blessed&Grateful

Mater, sometimes its a whisper, sometimes its a nudge. Prayers for you. You have been through so much and have done so with such great courage. Keep it up!

[quote name='Blessed&Grateful' timestamp='1329348989' post='2387702']
Mater, sometimes its a whisper, sometimes its a nudge. Prayers for you. You have been through so much and have done so with such great courage. Keep it up!
[/quote]

LOL, this was more like a "shot to the heart" type thing. It totally caught me by surprise and I could not ignore it. Thank you for your compliment. All I want to do is follow God whether that be in religious life or marriage or another vocation. :)

I got another surprise today! I had NO idea that the Sisters were in town and my pastor was trying to reach me but he realized he didn't have my phone number. Apparently, it was an impromtu visit because the other Sisters told me they would be back in a few months.

Anyway, my mom and I decided to get TacoBell for dinner tonight since we had a CRHP meeting and we took it to the Church parking lot and sat in the car to eat. We had just finished our meal when I spotted Father walking up the path towards the car with 2 habited Sisters from the same order! I excitedly told my mom, "The Sisters are here!!!" My jaw dropped and I realized that Father was bringing them over to the Church and spotted my mom and I right in his path since the parking space we were in was directly in front of the Church. He asked me if I would like to talk to the Sisters while he got the Eucharist ready for a sick call and I jumped right out of the car! LOL! We walked around while my mom stayed in the car. It turns out that one of the Sisters is the Superior for the order! They were only here for a day and are returning tomorrow.

We talked a little about my discernment and what I was interested in and then the Superior asked if I had any questions. I asked them more about their life and apostolate. I also asked them the most important question about their medical requirements because of my medication needs. Since both of them are nurses, they asked me questions about the medication and then said that as long as I was able to pass the psychological examination, they would allow me to try out the life. You can imagine my relief when they said this as it has been a big hindrance for me and quite a cross to bear in my discernment.

The best news of all is that my pastor wants to set me up with a psychological screener who also does the screening for the seminary candidates so that I can continue discerning with the order if I feel called!

I am so joyful right now! The reason I can really get excited about this without any doubts is that I did not initiate this process. I left it all in God's hands and asked Him to set whatever vocation He desired me to pursue in front of me. I am confident that He answered my prayer as I asked it only a week ago. I am just going along with each step that He takes ahead of me. The Holy Spirit works in mysterious ways! He is VERY quick, too! :)