An Old School Catholic Message Board

My First Retreat Experience

Lil'Monster

JMJT

Ah, well this is gooda news! Discerning can definitely be tough to figure out. What helped me to see what God has planned out for me is to listen very carefully and patiently.. whenever a beautiful thought comes to you about vocation (whether marriage or religious) FOR THE GLORY OF GOD =) then write it down. Compare your ideas on both ways of life and see how you will be more fruitful. It might take a year, but it's better than forgetting the little voice which comes to us so gently at times. He will show you if you let Him. Having a connection with the sisters is one step closer to knowing what you're called to. A young man at my church was at the seminary and found himself praying for a wife there. I'm not saying it will be the same for you, however I do know we are all called to glorify God differently. What has He chosen you for?

Being a troublemaker at a convent is a good sign you're called :hehe2: I'm sure you were just really excited and full of all these emotions you never thought existed! Glad you had a great time lil'monster! Praying for you.

AccountDeleted

Mon, you sound as if you had a life changing experience there. Your post is thoughtful and relfective and shows a real depth in you that we haven't always seen! I am so happy that you had a good time, and glad that you will be able to experience this again when you go to another retreat. Whatever your future holds, this has been a very positive experience for you, I can see. What a blessing. And thank you for sharing this with us. :)

Thank you so much for posting this sis. I'm so happy for you and it sounds like you had a wonderful time. Dominicans are just avvesome. :nun:

(Oh and nuns with southern/mid-western accents are razzle dazzle) :)

Edited by i<3LSOP

LilMon,
I'm SOOO taken by your lack of "flippantness" (made up that word and don't mean it to be derogatory at all) and your almost "quietness" upon returning from the retreat. Take tons of time to process what you did, how you felt, how you feel now. I'll be praying for you as you reflect on your time at the retreat.

[quote name='Francis Clare' timestamp='1329407110' post='2387953']
LilMon,
I'm SOOO taken by your lack of [b]"flippantness"[/b] (made up that word and don't mean it to be derogatory at all) and your almost "quietness" upon returning from the retreat. Take tons of time to process what you did, how you felt, how you feel now. I'll be praying for you as you reflect on your time at the retreat.
[/quote]

Flippancy? :)

flippancy? Well yeah, kind of I just like the weirdness of flippantness! Remember, I'm the one who made up the terms Benediscans and Franciscatines :))

[quote name='Francis Clare' timestamp='1329412619' post='2387978']
flippancy? Well yeah, kind of I just like the weirdness of flippantness! Remember, I'm the one who made up the terms Benediscans and Franciscatines :))
[/quote]

Hee hee! Flippantness it is!

[quote name='Mary's Margaret' timestamp='1329259974' post='2387114']
Lil'Mon. you don't know me, but I'm so very happy you had such a wonderful retreat. I know God will continue to bless you on your journey.
[/quote]L'Mon you don't know me either (since I'm new-ish) but I've followed your journey thru these posts and I'm so happy your retreat went well. :) Thank you for sharing your experience.