An Old School Catholic Message Board

Future Nuns "what ____ Says I Will Do" Meme

FutureCarmeliteClaire

FutureSister2009

I wish I knew how to make one of these. I have one for Theology majors and for traditional Catholics. Those are my two favorites.

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1329597162' post='2388996']
I wish I knew how to make one of these. I have one for Theology majors and for traditional Catholics. Those are my two favorites.
[/quote]
Can you post the traditional Catholic one?

Making it is a LOT of work. Blech. I have to make a collage (still can't do 6 pics, only 4), and then I use Picnik to make the lines thicker and add words...

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329635869' post='2389304']
Why is anyone afraid from the grills? I think they're so razzle dazzle.
[/quote]

I think they remind a lot of people of prison bars.

Queen'sDaughter

[quote name='i<3LSOP' timestamp='1329602539' post='2389026']
Omigosh these are just avvesome! Thanks for sharing Claire! :)

*sets as desktop background*
[/quote]

HaHa, funny how we all think alike. The picture of the Benedictine doing the bow after the sucipe is already my desktop background!

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329635869' post='2389304']
Why is anyone afraid from the grills? I think they're so razzle dazzle.
[/quote]

Some people suffer from cloisterphobia.... :lol:

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Tally Marx' timestamp='1329802964' post='2390481']
Some people suffer from cloisterphobia.... :lol:
[/quote]

Win.

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1329651663' post='2389322']
I think they remind a lot of people of prison bars.
[/quote]
Yup, my parents think this
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/205/467682613_16e4599823.jpg[/img]
Equals this
[img]http://cdn2.dailycaller.com/2011/11/prison-bars.jpg[/img]

They're afraid of not being able to see me all the time and not being able to hold me anymore. They're afraid of missing me every time the family's together for a special event and I can't be there. The fear isn't irrational; it's very human and understandable and applies to more than just cloistered religious life. Though the prison part is going overboard...A part of them really thinks I could never leave even if I wanted to. :(

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1329806721' post='2390501']

They're afraid of not being able to see me all the time and not being able to hold me anymore. They're afraid of missing me every time the family's together for a special event and I can't be there. The fear isn't irrational; it's very human and understandable and applies to more than just cloistered religious life. Though the prison part is going overboard...A part of them really thinks I could never leave even if I wanted to. :(
[/quote]

My parents are the same way, cloister or no.
Though my mom didn't compare it to prison-- she compared it to me being dead.

My friends are all asking me why I want to go into "solitary confinement." Albeit most of my friends are SoBap... and Penny... or lukewarm Catholics... then my good Catholic friends. Oh and my secular, atheistic friends. So most of them have an ignorant and set-in-stone view of religious life. My friends in PE gave me a nice little nick-name. They think it's funny but it really is offensive. (BTW-people all found out because of a few friends who thought it was just "a joke") The nick-name is Mother *work used for floozie that starts with an S* Nun. It's funny how Google, society, and perversions shape the view of religious life. Then there are the people that think nuns are all old widows. Then those who just think it's stupid and will tell you you are waisting your life.

Being in the habit and getting the death stares and rude comments (those were fewer than the "Oh, hello sister" :D I had to explain I wasn't a sister.... haha) really opened my eyes to the negative view religious life has in the eyes of much of the public.

ANYWAY, I LOVE THESE MEMES. Have you seen the youth minister and catholic priest ones?