An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dsmme Is Moving Their Novitiate

mantellata

Francis Clare...I went into OLAM's website to see what you're speaking of in the "what's new" area, but didn't find the explanation of declining numbers that you were speak of. What am I missing?

Totally Franciscan

Chasmi, go to www.olamshrine.com, click on New Features, then click on Monastery News.

Per the DSMME and "attrition rate".

First -- not the best use of the word. Formation is 8 years long for a reason. You would want young women to feel free to leave if it is not their calling - not compelled to stay. If you want to talk of Sisters leaving [i]post final vows[/i] that number would be 0. The DSMME have 40 or so in Final vows. (They've only just celebrated their 15th year as a community).

Second -- Most do stay.

Third -- 40 isn't the number entering -- the 40 includes 3 groups - postulants, first year novices and second year novices.

Cheers.

Edited by mantellata

Chasmi, go to www.olamshrine.com, click on New Features, then click on Monastery News.

FrancisClare...thanks you so much for the direction. It's very comforting to know that Sr. Margaret Mary is living a life with which (or at least I suspect) Mother Angelica would be thrilled. But there are many that have left that go unidentified...i.e. Sr. Marie Michelle who was the one that managed the construction and finish of the John Paul II center. She had been there for many years. Also, Sr. Mary Clare (I think) that was one of the extern sisters. I don't see her in the pictures either. I pray for their comfort and happiness.