An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholicvote Endorses Rick Santorum

Basilisa Marie

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1334440620' post='2417856']
I actually like Romney. Against my better judgement, I think he might be exactly the sort of person we need to right this ship. Firebrands and controversial types do nothing but polarize. I don't think we need someone to "bring the sword." We've got enough sharp objects flying around this country already. Romney's strength seems to me to be that his natural bipartisanship. He's clearly a Republican, but he's not about to be one of these rigid ideologues you see on either side of the proverbial aisle.

For me, I want my president to begin every policy discussion or decision with the question "Is federal intervention the wisest and most efficient method in this case?" I believe Romney is the type of man who will do that. His answer to that question might differ from mine, but I believe it will certainly land closer to mine than Obama's. Democrats tend to begin their own deliberations with the question "How can the federal government address this issue?" It's a philosophical difference that, while not evil or devilish in nature, predisposes them towards the interventionist mindset that myself and other rationally-minded conservatives disagree with.
[/quote]

*gives props*

PhuturePriest

Yeah, I have hope with Mitt Romney. Many people think he's exactly the same as Obama, but no matter what, Romney has had a job and was successful as a businessman in Bain (Is it Bain, Bane, or Baine?) Capital and knows economics a lot better than Obama does. He also seems to have a pretty good grip on how regulations impede jobs. My family owns a business and I can tell you how hard the government is making having your own job. We have to spend hundreds each year to be DOT certified, taking drug tests, and having to do a country mile of things that don't even apply to our business. We are a barbecue business and the government considers us a semi truck business that drives around and drops things off. This is not even close to what we do. We don't even own a semi!

Really, if Romney gets rid of stupid regulations and lowers taxes, I'll be a happy clam.

fides' Jack

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1331533250' post='2399479']
Getting raped and becoming pregnant is not a blessing. Although I don't agree with a woman who would have an abortion after that happened. I don't blame her one bit. Now if limbo was real I might have a different opinion but its not. So this is a rare instance where I think a woman should have her choice 100 percent. Sorry for derailing the thread.
[/quote]

What are you smoking? Limbo is a teaching of the Church, but the purpose initially had nothing to do with babies.