PhuturePriest Posted March 11, 2012 Posted March 11, 2012 I think he couldn't be further from the truth on it. As he says, "They are so different. There is a reason there is not equivalence of the Jonas Brothers for men. You'll never hear a man go *Effeminate voice* "Oh my gosh, Hannah Montana is coming to town! I am like, such a fan!" And then then hear the guy next to him go "Oh my gosh, like, I am too!" *Other guy gasps* "Let's be best friends forever!" Quite frankly, he's right. I hate Lady Gaga, while just about every women I know loves her. As a man, I think there's nothing better than some Iron Maiden: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSJ8rDlBZ_I&list=PL154D91F4166CCD77 Contrast that to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGJuMBdaqIw&ob=av2e What are your thoughts on the matter?
4588686 Posted March 11, 2012 Posted March 11, 2012 [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1331441277' post='2398975'] I think he couldn't be further from the truth on it. As he says, "They are so different. There is a reason there is not equivalence of the Jonas Brothers for men. You'll never hear a man go *Effeminate voice* "Oh my gosh, Hannah Montana is coming to town! I am like, such a fan!" And then then hear the guy next to him go "Oh my gosh, like, I am too!" *Other guy gasps* "Let's be best friends forever!" Quite frankly, he's right. I hate Lady Gaga, while just about every women I know loves her. As a man, I think there's nothing better than some Iron Maiden: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSJ8rDlBZ_I&list=PL154D91F4166CCD77[/media] Contrast that to this: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGJuMBdaqIw&ob=av2e[/media] What are your thoughts on the matter? [/quote] I guess gay males aren't men.
PhuturePriest Posted March 11, 2012 Author Posted March 11, 2012 (edited) [quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1331442362' post='2398986'] I guess gay males aren't men. [/quote] Edited. Edited March 11, 2012 by FuturePriest387
4588686 Posted March 11, 2012 Posted March 11, 2012 [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1331442482' post='2398987'] Seriously? This is not what this thread is about. I understand you're in a bad mood because apparently the Catholic Church that has in fact been protective of gays has been terrible to them, but please, don't bring that into this thread. [/quote] It was actually a joke about how ridiculously fond of Fireworks gay men seem to be.
PhuturePriest Posted March 11, 2012 Author Posted March 11, 2012 [quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1331442529' post='2398988'] Katy Perry is hot. [/quote] I would also prefer it if we didn't get into the "hotness" of women. I'm sorry if it seems like I micro-manage everything, but I have been a moderator of a Catholic chat that gets attacked everyday by trolls for too long.[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1331442602' post='2398989'] It was actually a joke about how ridiculously fond of Fireworks gay men seem to be. [/quote] I see. I wouldn't know since I don't have too many gay friends (The main one being at college too much to hang out with), but I'd be willing to bet you're right.
4588686 Posted March 11, 2012 Posted March 11, 2012 [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1331442668' post='2398990'] I would also prefer it if we didn't get into the "hotness" of women. I'm sorry if it seems like I micro-manage everything, but I have been a moderator of a Catholic chat that gets attacked everyday by trolls for too long.[/QUOTE] Oy vey [img]http://www.elephantjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Oy-Vey-Lego-Man.jpg[/img] [QUOTE] I see. I wouldn't know since I don't have too many gay friends (The main one being at college too much to hang out with), but I'd be willing to bet you're right. [/quote] Yeah, wrong audience. My fault.
HopefulBride Posted March 11, 2012 Posted March 11, 2012 Just so you know FP, no women in my circle of friends like lady gaga or K. Perry. I don't think taste in music has to do with gender but rather maturity (both spiritual and emotional)
Vincent Vega Posted March 11, 2012 Posted March 11, 2012 [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1331441277' post='2398975'] I think he couldn't be further from the truth on it. As he says, "They are so different. There is a reason there is not equivalence of the Jonas Brothers for men. You'll never hear a man go *Effeminate voice* "Oh my gosh, Hannah Montana is coming to town! I am like, such a fan!" And then then hear the guy next to him go "Oh my gosh, like, I am too!" *Other guy gasps* "Let's be best friends forever!" [/quote] Seems like he's been taking public speaking lessons from politicians. What the above distills to is the following: "Here is my stance on the differences in musical taste between men and women: their tastes are very different."
PhuturePriest Posted March 11, 2012 Author Posted March 11, 2012 [quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1331473718' post='2399051'] Seems like he's been taking public speaking lessons from politicians. What the above distills to is the following: "Here is my stance on the differences in musical taste between men and women: their tastes are very different." [/quote] The point was men and women are extremely different, and you can see it in their music.
mcts Posted March 11, 2012 Posted March 11, 2012 [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1331477508' post='2399060'] The point was men and women are extremely different, and you can see it in their music. [/quote] I'm much more likely to listen to the Iron Maiden song than the Katy Perry song. For real.
Lilllabettt Posted March 11, 2012 Posted March 11, 2012 Stop the presses. Jason Evert Says Men and Women Very Different in Unimportant Ways.
Vincent Vega Posted March 11, 2012 Posted March 11, 2012 [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1331477508' post='2399060'] The point was men and women are extremely different, and you can see it in their music. [/quote] I sincerely hope that the moment of clarity that men and women are different wasn't reached upon noting that their musical tastes was different...
Ice_nine Posted March 11, 2012 Posted March 11, 2012 lulz. look these GENERALIZATIONS PROVE what we we're not generalizing
PhuturePriest Posted March 11, 2012 Author Posted March 11, 2012 Okay, you know what? I'm sick of this. All I was trying to do was be funny and do something that nobody would freak out about, but all I hear is "Headline news: men and women different!" I've had enough of this behavior towards me. Will you act this way when I am a Religious or a Priest (Or possibly both)? Because if not, my ordination/final vows cannot come soon enough.
Lilllabettt Posted March 11, 2012 Posted March 11, 2012 Probably you should not expect being a priest/religious to get you better treatment from people. A lot of people will treat you worse. Also, if you get to be a priest you will probably not spend much time preaching about how men and women may or may not have different tastes in music and what the meaning of that is. (Because there is none.) My pastor gave a homily about gender differences today. It was about the different roles men and women play in the mystical body and what the meaning of that is (Because there is a lot.)
Lilllabettt Posted March 11, 2012 Posted March 11, 2012 (edited) Another thing: You quote Jason Evert describing little girls gasping and sighing over the Jonas Brothers. I do not know any grown people, male or female, who behave that way. Edited March 11, 2012 by Lilllabettt
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now