Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Jason Evert On The Differences Between Men And Women Concerning Music


Recommended Posts

Posted

Maybe you could ask to use a tape recorder in class to take notes. That would deter him from saying anything inappropriate and if that fails you would have on record exactly what he said.

MissScripture
Posted

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1331583932' post='2399748']
Maybe you could ask to use a tape recorder in class to take notes. That would deter him from saying anything inappropriate and if that fails you would have on record exactly what he said.
[/quote]
I think you posted this in the wrong thread...or else I'm really not following this thread at ALL!

Posted

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1331583905' post='2399747']
hasan, i heart you.
[/quote]

No homo















[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qlyn-jp0KE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qlyn-jp0KE[/url]

Posted

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1331584020' post='2399749']
I think you posted this in the wrong thread...or else I'm really not following this thread at ALL!
[/quote]


Maybe you should think about what you're saying. If you're right, then that would mean that I made a mistake. Which is silly. :hehe2:


Just keep reading and rereading the thread until my comment makes sense.

Posted

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1331524115' post='2399387']
[b]A person critiquing a Priest is a weird thought[/b], to be honest. "Father, might I say that this doesn't seem right. You have a lot of maturing to do!"
[/quote]

Unfortunately that isn't the wierdest of thoughts to me. A person critiquing a priest? Well... I've done it before. Our parish priest was going to have the incorrect readings read at the Easter Vigil and two friends of mine and I had to approach him on it and say that it isn't right that we do that.

Now critiquing a priest on maturity... that I don't think I could ever imagine doing! :P

Nihil Obstat
Posted

[quote name='Slappo' timestamp='1331604196' post='2399938']
Unfortunately that isn't the wierdest of thoughts to me. A person critiquing a priest? Well... I've done it before. Our parish priest was going to have the incorrect readings read at the Easter Vigil and two friends of mine and I had to approach him on it and say that it isn't right that we do that.

Now critiquing a priest on maturity... that I don't think I could ever imagine doing! :P
[/quote]

I distinctly remember when I was younger a priest telling us specifically during his homily that baptism doesn't wash away original sin because there's no such thing as original sin. ^_^

Posted

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1331582545' post='2399729']
Shut up.
[/quote]

I do what I want.

Posted

[quote name='mcts' timestamp='1331609871' post='2399992']
I do what I want.
[/quote]

Only because I told you to.

Basilisa Marie
Posted

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1331605365' post='2399958']
I distinctly remember when I was younger a priest telling us specifically during his homily that baptism doesn't wash away original sin because there's no such thing as original sin. ^_^
[/quote]

DUDE.

I probably would have been sorely tempted to tell him "Get thee to a seminary."

Nihil Obstat
Posted

[quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1331612212' post='2400004']
DUDE.

I probably would have been sorely tempted to tell him "Get thee to a seminary."
[/quote]

I was so young that I believed him for a long time. Just because I never had anyone explain to me that he was wrong. Things like that can take a while to recover from.

Posted

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1331611301' post='2400001']
Only because I told you to.
[/quote]

Only because I told you that you could.

Posted (edited)

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1331441277' post='2398975']
I think he couldn't be further from the truth on it. As he says, "They are so different. There is a reason there is not equivalence of the Jonas Brothers for men. You'll never hear a man go *Effeminate voice* "Oh my gosh, Hannah Montana is coming to town! I am like, such a fan!" And then then hear the guy next to him go "Oh my gosh, like, I am too!" *Other guy gasps* "Let's be best friends forever!"

Quite frankly, he's right. I hate Lady Gaga, while just about every women I know loves her. As a man, I think there's nothing better than some Iron Maiden:

What are your thoughts on the matter?
[/quote]
Was there an article I missed, or are you just referring to Jason Evert's thoughts based on your own familiarity?

Anyway, as to "manly" stuff, that's largely a social construction. I'm reading John Keats right now...men used to write poetry about the "weeping morn" and swans gliding across ponds. It's a little hard for me to read...it's not my idea of manly poetry...but once I get passed my own (manufactured) prejudices I am able to appreciate it for what it is, even though it's not how I would express myself artistically.

Edited by Era Might

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...