An Old School Catholic Message Board

Any Others?

Joan Marie Wandel

I think they are the 'active' branch of the community that is the Holy Spirit Adoration Sisters (the "Pink" Sisters).

They were founded by Arnold Janssen. They have a website, and this is a pretty good history:

[url="http://www.worldssps.org/history_page/history.htm"]http://www.worldssps...age/history.htm[/url]

Edited by AnneLine

[quote name='Joan Marie Wandel' timestamp='1332968753' post='2409795']
Has anyone heard of Holy Spirit Missionary Sisters
[/quote]

I have visited them in Europe. It was a very enriching visit for me. It was during a time when I was still torn between contemplative and active life. I did a volunteer program for a year and I lived with active sisters in whose life common prayer and such did not really play such a role...
But a the Holy Spirit Missionary Sisters I found this to be very balanced! They indeed do pray. And I loved how they prayed to the Holy Spirit in the mornings for guidance.

It helped me a lot to be a few days at their community, because for me this was "perfect" active religious life. There was nothing I would "reclaim" - and I needed that experience to see that I am more drawn to contemplative life.

What impressed me very much is that they are really send throughout the world and try to have international communities. Professed sisters go very seldom on home visits (I think about every 3 years when you are stationed in another country... But I could be wrong with the number).

Have a good visit with them!!

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Joan Marie Wandel' timestamp='1331512208' post='2399236']
Hey All

Was wondering if anyone else is thinking about becoming a missionary sister?
[/quote]

I can honestly say I feel no calling nor have any interest in becoming a missionary Sister. :P

OnlySunshine

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1333076960' post='2410507']
I can honestly say I feel no calling nor have any interest in becoming a missionary Sister. :P
[/quote]

I should hope not! :hehe2:

PhuturePriest

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1333081668' post='2410544']
I should hope not! :hehe2:
[/quote]

Hey! The Catholic Church believes in equality! This is why we have Priestesses, of course.

But really, the thought of me in a Sister's Habit is very weird. Though I do believe the veil would compliment my naturally fluffy and curly hair...

But let us stop before further hijacking this thread.