An Old School Catholic Message Board

When Catholics And Beer Mix

FutureCarmeliteClaire

Archaeology cat

Shameless plug: my FIL has written books on homebrewing: http://www.amazon.com/Dave-Millers-Homebrewing-Guide-Great-Tasting/dp/0882669052 He has another one coming out in the not-too-distant-future. Yeah, my FIL brews and I still don't like beer. I like the taste, just can't past the carbonation.

[quote name='Archaeology cat' timestamp='1332259001' post='2404446']
Shameless plug: my FIL has written books on homebrewing: [url="http://www.amazon.com/Dave-Millers-Homebrewing-Guide-Great-Tasting/dp/0882669052"]http://www.amazon.co...g/dp/0882669052[/url] He has another one coming out in the not-too-distant-future. Yeah, my FIL brews and I still don't like beer. I like the taste, just can't past the carbonation.
[/quote]
Father-in-law?

Nihil Obstat

That looks like a great book. Hopefully I remember to check it out when I have the time to give homebrewing a try.

“In Catholicism, the pint, the pipe and the Cross can all fit together.” – GK Chesterton

“No animal ever invented anything as bad as drunkenness – or as good as drink.” – G.K. Chesterton

“The good Lord has changed water into wine, so how can drinking beer be a sin?” – Sign near a Belgian Monastery

“From man’s sweat and God’s love, beer came into the world.” – Saint Arnold of Metz, The patron Saint of Brewers

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612

cmotherofpirl

Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine,
There's laughter, cheer, and good red wine;
At least I have always found it so--
Benedicamos Domino!
--Hillaire Belloc

let_go_let_God

Our priest "brags" that he is the Chaplin of the local area brewing association. It's actually kinda humorous.

God bless-
LGLG

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Ice_nine' timestamp='1332135212' post='2403773']
Drunk people can be funny for like the first 10 minutes or so.

After that it's annoying as hell.
[/quote]

According to scientists, the way to tell if a person will be a mean or fun drunk is to examine how they are when they're tired. If they're grumpy and yell, they'll be mean drunks. If they stagger around and laugh at everything like I do, they'll be fun drunks. I can't stay up until three in the morning and watch stand-up comedy. If I do I laugh so hard I can't breath. I would be the happiest drunk ever.