An Old School Catholic Message Board

So Excited!

Carmelshrimp

Carmelshrimp

Sorry everybody but I [i]have[/i] to tell you this. My birthday present just came! I've been tracking it from Florida for just under two weeks and I thought it would never make it the good old UK but it arrived yesterday. It's not just any old birthday present either - it's a 100 year-old brass and ebony rosary from a Carmelite convent. Now do you see why I'm excited? :bananarap: The bad news is that my birthday isn't for another 6 weeks and he- who- likes- to- think-he-must- be-obeyed has impounded it until the day :cry: All the same, I've seen it, it's gorgeous and it's here. Whoop!!! :bounce:

Carmelshrimp

Don't know why this is on twice - sorry. I know I said I was excited but I wasn't so excited I wanted to tell you all twice :hehe2:

Mary's Margaret

Yes, what a wonderful birthday present! I hope we get to see pictures when the day arrives. Thanks for sharing your excitement: it gave me a smile on a somewhat irksome day.

Carmelshrimp

I'll try to post pics but I've never done that before so a new technical experience looming there. Got a few weeks to learn! Thanks for letting me share it with you. Most of my non-Phatmass friends have looked somewhat bemused when I've told them. Just another example of those crazy religious people wasting their money on crazy religious stuff. They don't know what they're missing. A very late night last night and don't feel awake yet. I need coffeeeeeeee! :coffee:

Thank God for your passion towards what others call unimportant. It is a boost for me and I am happy for you, I'm excited as well, and do learn to post pictures because I know it must be beautiful, and although I am a Non denominational Christian, I have a passion for God and I am in love with Jesus just as you are. By the way, Congratulations on your coming birthday!! :o) It will be a wonderful gift for you and I know you are going to cherish it.

Carmelshrimp

[quote name='Alabanza' timestamp='1332432263' post='2405359']
Thank God for your passion towards what others call unimportant. It is a boost for me and I am happy for you, I'm excited as well, and do learn to post pictures because I know it must be beautiful, and although I am a Non denominational Christian, I have a passion for God and I am in love with Jesus just as you are. By the way, Congratulations on your coming birthday!! :o) It will be a wonderful gift for you and I know you are going to cherish it.
[/quote]
I certainly am and thank you for the birthday wishes. I'll do my best with the pics

PhuturePriest

You know, the general knowledge of Catholic beliefs here is really bad. Just about everyone here has told you that you were lucky, when in fact, Catholics do not believe in luck. I need to get Tim Staples down here quick...

Anyway, that Rosary sounds [b]a[/b]wesome. I'd love to see a picture of it when your birthday arrives.

Carmelshrimp

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1332619938' post='2407164']
You know, the general knowledge of Catholic beliefs here is really bad. Just about everyone here has told you that you were lucky, when in fact, Catholics do not believe in luck. I need to get Tim Staples down here quick...

Anyway, that Rosary sounds [b]a[/b]wesome. I'd love to see a picture of it when your birthday arrives.
[/quote]
I'll do my best. As for luck, call it what you will, but I'm certainly blessed, not only with the Rosary but with a bloke who loves me enough to find it for me and with the desire to use it. Whatever we want to call it I'll settle for that. ;)

Edited by Carmelshrimp

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Carmelshrimp' timestamp='1332679632' post='2407817']
I'll do my best. As for luck, call it what you will, but I'm certainly blessed, not only with the Rosary but with a bloke who loves me enough to find it for me and with the desire to use it. Whatever we want to call it I'll settle for that. ;)
[/quote]

How about we say you... have a wonderful father (I assume it is your father), and that you are receiving this wonderful gift for a reason.

Carmelshrimp

Father!!?? Well he's considerably older than I am, but I think that might be pushing it a bit far. He's my husband - marriage is a vocation too :smile2: