An Old School Catholic Message Board

So Excited!

Carmelshrimp

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Carmelshrimp' timestamp='1332687793' post='2407929']
Father!!?? Well he's considerably older than I am, but I think that might be pushing it a bit far. He's my husband - marriage is a vocation too :smile2:
[/quote]

Oh, well, I wasn't sure since you didn't specify I don't think, but oh well.

O ye of little knowledge. Marriage is most certainly not a [i]vocation [/i]*Rolls eyes*. It's simply something that has to be done so [b]a[/b]wesome people like me can be created and become Priests and Religious. Jeez, take a theology class or something.

Carmelshrimp

Yeah right. Oh I think you forgot something. Surely you meant to say it's something that has to be done so that amesome [i]humble[/i] people like you can be created. Can't think how you you came to miss that adjective out. Must be sign of that humility again..... :harhar:

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Carmelshrimp' timestamp='1332692784' post='2407995']
Yeah right. Oh I think you forgot something. Surely you meant to say it's something that has to be done so that amesome [i]humble[/i] people like you can be created. Can't think how you you came to miss that adjective out. Must be sign of that humility again..... :harhar:
[/quote]

With humility comes self-confidence and certainty. And I am certainly confident when I say I am on a level of [b]a[/b]wesome most people are unable to reach. And this is despite being short and thus being unable to reach things most people can.

Edited by FuturePriest387

Carmelshrimp

Well you have a sense of humour and that'll take you further and higher than stilts! Keep smiling FP!

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Carmelshrimp' timestamp='1332694089' post='2408007']
Well you have a sense of humour and that'll take you further and higher than stilts! Keep smiling FP!
[/quote]

Oh yes, my dreaded smile. Being happy and positive has a downturn for me. My real name is Miles, and it is has come to my attention that some people are calling me "Smiley-Miley". I much prefer my other nickname of Saint Francis, but I'll be Smiley-Miley until I'm ordained. Then I'll be Father Smiley-Miley.

Carmelshrimp

Bad luck. I promise not to call you Smiley-Miley more than 10 times a day. Maybe just FM? Anyway, you should worry. My real name is so impossible for people to pronounce that I gave it up years ago. Even the Bishop got it wrong after he'd asked me specially how to say it. And no, I'm not posting it on here - not even for chocolate!

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Carmelshrimp' timestamp='1332695755' post='2408024']
Bad luck. I promise not to call you Smiley-Miley more than 10 times a day. Maybe just FM? Anyway, you should worry. My real name is so impossible for people to pronounce that I gave it up years ago. Even the Bishop got it wrong after he'd asked me specially how to say it. And no, I'm not posting it on here - not even for chocolate!
[/quote]

What's FM?

I feel your pain. Some people have trouble pronouncing my name as well. They sometimes call me Milo which annoys me to no end. I mean seriously. How hard is it to pronounce a word you read on highway signs every single time you drive? :P

[quote name='Carmelshrimp' timestamp='1332695755' post='2408024']
[/quote]

I bet it's Irish.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1332696745' post='2408042']
What's FM?

I feel your pain. Some people have trouble pronouncing my name as well. They sometimes call me Milo which annoys me to no end. I mean seriously. How hard is it to pronounce a word you read on highway signs every single time you drive? :P
[/quote]

FP - I like your name, I think it's absolutely lovely!

Carmelshrimp

Sorry. Must be a combination of FP and SM. Actually, come to think of it, SM isn't a good handle. I'd settle for FM if I were you!

PhuturePriest

[quote name='marigold' timestamp='1332704913' post='2408118']
I bet it's Irish.

[/quote]

You do? I've heard a few people say it's nice. It's actually German, which makes sense since I am, after all, mostly German. Though you wouldn't know it if you took a first glance at me. Dark brown hair and yellow-tinted skin doesn't exactly scream German. :P

But there actually is no Saint Miles, so I plan to fill in that slot. It will depress me if I join a Community and they change my name. :P

Edited by FuturePriest387

Carmelshrimp

[quote name='marigold' timestamp='1332704913' post='2408118']
I bet it's Irish.

It isn't, although it is vaguely Gaelic. The really irritating thing about it is that it's pronounced exactly as it's written and it shouldn't be any problem at all, but nobody EVER gets it right. It's almost as though they think it [i]ought [/i]to be complicated. I gave up years ago and started using an abbreviation of my second name. Can't go wrong with "Liz".

[/quote]