An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ron Paul Supporters. Please Wake Up.

dUSt

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1332480308' post='2405933']
Yup. :) I think feminism, in the proper context, is pretty razzle dazzle, which is a rather unpopular opinion around here. :rolleyes: But I await the day when I can lob some name in your direction and have just as much fun. :bounce:
[/quote]

There is a very good book that my wife read called "more spirited then lions, the orthodox response to feminism" that you might like to read.

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1332476695' post='2405876']

And I hope that everyone who voted third party and helped get Obama elected understands this very real consequence that actually happened.
[/quote]
That really depends upon the state. It's also arguable that everyone who didn't vote Libertarian got Obama elected. I am one of those people. Last time, I voted for that lunatic McCain.

If Romney is so bad, how come Planned Parenthood has it out against him?

If it's all just rhetoric and he won't do anything worthwhile, it seems a waste of their money to be fighting against him right now...

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='qfnol31' timestamp='1332519331' post='2406128']

If it's all just rhetoric and he won't do anything worthwhile, it seems a waste of their money to be fighting against him right now...
[/quote]

Perhaps they're just being blindly partisan, "anybody but Republicans". I'm sure a lot of people on this site are familiar with that mode of thinking.

[quote name='qfnol31' timestamp='1332519331' post='2406128']

[/quote]

just because someone is motivated by blind fury, doesn't mean the object of their fury is IPSO FACTO 'good'.

srsly.. it's been a while since someone's inserted IPSO FACTO in a while.. hope y'all don't mind that I stepped up.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1332522736' post='2406181']
just because someone is motivated by blind fury, doesn't mean the object of their fury is IPSO FACTO 'good'.

srsly.. it's been a while since someone's inserted IPSO FACTO in a while.. hope y'all don't mind that I stepped up.
[/quote]

Who was the guy who didn't understand what it meant?

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1332522736' post='2406181']

[/quote]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/29Dj5.jpg[/IMG]

also, isnt going by "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" generally a bad idea in politics? (with regards to PP speaking out against Mitt Romney)

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1332524609' post='2406256']also, isnt going by "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" generally a bad idea in politics? (with regards to PP speaking out against Mitt Romney)[/quote]
Well, General Patton thought so. History sorta proves him right. Sorta, in an IPSO FACTO sorta way.

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1332507960' post='2406010']
That really depends upon the state. It's also arguable that everyone who didn't vote Libertarian got Obama elected. I am one of those people. Last time, I voted for that lunatic McCain.
[/quote]You can also argue that Obama's the best president ever or the most Catholic candidate. What's your point?

By the way, for anyone who's interested, Ron Paul's stance against marriage isn't because of his political point of view. It's all about his personal belief that it doesn't matter if gay people get married.

= Not a good Catholic answer.

Edited by qfnol31

[quote name='qfnol31' timestamp='1332557611' post='2406862']
By the way, for anyone who's interested, Ron Paul's stance against marriage isn't because of his political point of view. It's all about his personal belief that it doesn't matter if gay people get married.

= Not a good Catholic answer.
[/quote]

I don't see how you can create a neat divide between which stances he takes because of his 'personal beliefs' vs. his 'political point of view' since your political pov is amongst your personal beliefs. His desire to remove government from the marriage process is quite consistent with libertarian philosophy.

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1332558069' post='2406867']
I don't see how you can create a neat divide between which stances he takes because of his 'personal beliefs' vs. his 'political point of view' since your political pov is amongst your personal beliefs. His desire to remove government from the marriage process is quite consistent with libertarian philosophy.
[/quote]

Fair enough. He does think that the states have the right to do so, but he doesn't want the government involved period.

Edited to add: while he says he's personally against gay marriage, he doesn't mind gays getting married as long as they don't impose. You could be against gays getting married without the government getting involved. Therefore, it's also a personal stance on top of his political point of view.

I wish that companies wouldn't give lots of money to presidential candidates. That doesn't mean that we need to have the government get involved.

Edited by qfnol31