mulls Posted May 17, 2004 Posted May 17, 2004 Likin Park, Metallica, and just recently Kanye West. all the other performers that i saw along with them are just not worth mentioning.
thicke Posted May 17, 2004 Posted May 17, 2004 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='May 6 2004, 09:19 PM'] That chick from Cibo Matto (they were weird though...) [/quote] That's an understatement. I've seen them too.
thicke Posted May 17, 2004 Posted May 17, 2004 Here's mine.... Chicago (don't laugh...tickets were free, it was my first date ever and she bought them) Def Leppard Meat Puppets Alice in Chains Primus The Damned * (three times) Front 252 Arrested Development Dinosaur Jr. Fishbone * (three times) Seven Seconds (twice) Babes In Toyland Ministry Public Enemy (with Issac Hayes hanging out in the crowd no less!) Moby GWAR BH-Surfers Cibo Matto ALL A Flock of Seagulls Pigface Faith No More There have been a couple times when my friends and I would make plans to go to Hernando's hide-away to see Jerry lee Lewis, or to go to Al Green's church to see him preach. We never mad it though. I'm sure there's others I've forgotten.
Quietfire Posted May 17, 2004 Posted May 17, 2004 (edited) Wow, I am so behind all of you. Ive seen Aerosmith so many times I wore a footpath to the concerts! Like them much better now that they're off drugs. Actually, the best Aerosmith concert ever held was HERE.. in my home town....it was raining and we were soaked and didnt care. The Boys from Boston started to sing "When the Lightnin' Strikes" and every time they sang that chorus...NO KIDDING...It would strike lightning and thunder....AWESOME!!!! saw Joe Perry Project Chicago Beach Boys...they were playing with Chicago and my friend really wanted me to go.......oh well The Who during one of their many,many final tours. there were others but I really liked Areosmith, and we wuz po. So I was always able to go see them for free. Almost saw Twisted Sister...glad I missed it. Oh, and I saw Meatloaf...My hubby likes him and he was doing something for VH1 Storytellers. Everyone was told that no one was allowed near the stage (filming) Well, Meatloaf started playing one of his ballads(does he have those?) and my husband made me slow dance with him near the stage. Those security guys started to approach us and Meatloaf waved them away. It was cool. Thats it, I've led a very sheltered life, I guess. But Stevie Tyler still rocks. Edited May 17, 2004 by Quietfire
Lynne Posted May 17, 2004 Posted May 17, 2004 [u]French bands[/u] Roch Voisine Zachary Richard Richard Desjardins Noir Silence Okoumé La Chicane Swing Konflit Dramatik [u]Others[/u] Shania Twain (I live 45 minutes from her hometown.) Leahy x3 [u]SARS benefit concert TORONTO[/u] Rolling Stones AC/DC The Guess Who Rush Blue Rodeo Justin Timberlake Sam Roberts The Tea Party Jann Arden The Flaming Lips Sass Jordan Jeff Healey Kathleen Edwards Isley Brothers There's a few others I forget...
crusader1234 Posted May 17, 2004 Posted May 17, 2004 Hey, I saw Aerosmith on Friday... wow it was great. Steven Tyler hoisted himself into some weird swing by his legs and swung over the crows... haha hes so funny and cool. Not exactly a moral role model but actually in a way he is... my friend's mom waited at his hotel (shes in a wheelchair) with a sign that said "kiss me before i die" and he went and kissed her like 6 times and took the sign and switched it up so it said "kiss me before i kiss you" love steven tyler and they took pictures and apparently hes a really nice guy. They put on an AMAZINg show... his voice is till top notch he hit all of the really high parts in Dream on....
Azriel Posted May 18, 2004 Posted May 18, 2004 [quote name='Kilroy the Ninja' date='May 7 2004, 06:40 AM'] Oh man! You know I'm crazy. I found out Rush was coming in concert while I was pregnant and I went anyway. There I was at almost 8 months pregnant jumping around to the likes of Tom Sawyer, Subdivisions and Freewill. It was probably scary. The baby Ninja Crusader is none worse for the wear... Although he does REALLY like Rush now.... [/quote] Well, I wasn't just pregnant sick, I was so sick I pulled a muscle and couldn't walk sick or I would have been there for sure. As it was I saw Pat Bentar at 4 mos pregnant for my 9th Wedding Anniversary. WHOOAA! Donna saw Bowie! I'm so in awe.
Kilroy the Ninja Posted May 18, 2004 Author Posted May 18, 2004 [quote name='Azriel' date='May 17 2004, 07:48 PM'] WHOOAA! Donna saw Bowie! I'm so in awe. [/quote] yeah, me too!
crusader1234 Posted May 18, 2004 Posted May 18, 2004 Bowie just came here, but I didnt really feel like going. ACDC and Alice Cooper are coming. I think I'm going to go to both.
Winchester Posted May 19, 2004 Posted May 19, 2004 Cracker Banana Blender Surprise Clandestine The Flaming Lips Live David Bowie The Polyphonic Spree Cowboy Junkies and the opening act guy, who was pretty cool but had his name as the band name, and it didn't stick in my head.
Quietfire Posted May 22, 2004 Posted May 22, 2004 [quote]Hey, I saw Aerosmith on Friday... wow it was great. Steven Tyler hoisted himself into some weird swing by his legs and swung over the crows... haha hes so funny and cool. Not exactly a moral role model but actually in a way he is... my friend's mom waited at his hotel (shes in a wheelchair) with a sign that said "kiss me before i die" and he went and kissed her like 6 times and took the sign and switched it up so it said "kiss me before i kiss you" love steven tyler and they took pictures and apparently hes a really nice guy. They put on an AMAZINg show... his voice is till top notch he hit all of the really high parts in Dream on....[/quote] He has the most incredible voice, doesnt he? Although some of his lyrics are way out there, still some hit right home. The man is still doin' back flips (at least he was the last time I saw him) and all I kept thinking was...'how can he do that at his age?' the shows are always so amazing. Still rockin after all these years. When they split up, Joe Perry started his own band and I went to see at 'the chance'. Ended up leaving early cause I got SO SICK on the fog (that fake fog carp they use for effect.) I still have some t-shirts and stuff from those concerts. Dream on...dream until the dream comes true.
cathgirl Posted May 22, 2004 Posted May 22, 2004 [quote name='immaculata' date='May 15 2004, 03:46 PM'] [color=red][font="Optima"]I'm going to go see him in August!!!!!!![/color][/font] :wub: [/quote] I'm soooooooooooooooooooo happy for you!! I wanna see him again so badly!!
Winchester Posted May 22, 2004 Posted May 22, 2004 who is Josh Grobhan? one of those american idol people?
cathgirl Posted May 22, 2004 Posted May 22, 2004 [quote name='Winchester' date='May 22 2004, 05:38 PM'] who is Josh Grobhan? one of those american idol people? [/quote] He's the awesomest singer ever!! His voice is AMAZING!! He sings songs like "You Raise Me Up", "Where You Are", and some in Latin, Spanish..etc. [img]http://www.snerkology.com/12_01/joshgroban.jpg[/img]
Colleen Posted May 23, 2004 Posted May 23, 2004 [quote name='cathgirl' date='May 22 2004, 04:45 PM'] He's the awesomest singer ever!! His voice is AMAZING!! He sings songs like "You Raise Me Up", "Where You Are", and some in Latin, Spanish..etc. [img]http://www.snerkology.com/12_01/joshgroban.jpg[/img] [/quote] And he's sung for John Paul II!!!!!!!!!!!! He's so cool.
azaelia Posted May 23, 2004 Posted May 23, 2004 WEEEE LOOOOVE JOSH GROBAAAN!! I love that boy's voice. It far surpasses any other singer you'll hear out there now. w00t for Josh! I have seen DC Talk, NSYNC (ashamed), and Dashboard Confessional in concert. I haven't really had the chance to see alot of shows. The Dashboard show was recently, and I loved every minute of it (well...every minute Dashboard was onstage. Any other time people were moshing...on my toes ) I have some awesome pictures from it [url="http://www.jelliebean.org/photoalbum/"]here[/url]. I really want to see Josh Groban in concert...[le sigh] -_-
Deeds Posted May 23, 2004 Posted May 23, 2004 I've only been to one concert, how pathetic. It was The Offspring a few years ago, with AFI supporting, before anyone had heard of them. What can I say.. the good bands just don't come to Scotland often enough.
traichuoi Posted February 6, 2007 Posted February 6, 2007 John Legend, Shakira, Norah, John Mayer, Robin Thicke, Leah Siegel, Ricardo Arjona... Who I want to see: Juanes, Nelly Furtado, Corinne Bailey Rae, Michael Buble, Jason Mraz, I know there's more
Azriel Posted February 7, 2007 Posted February 7, 2007 [quote name='Azriel' post='187773' date='May 6 2004, 11:11 PM'] Ohhhh gosh...this is going to take some thought. The * means I've seen them more than once... The Beach Boys The Monkees* Billy Joel Amy Grant Amy Grant, Vince Gill, Rachel Lampa, and Nickel Creek (Christmas Show) Pat Benetar* Joan Jett Cheap Trick 38 Special* Reo Speedwagon Paul McCartney - THE BEST SHOW EVER Ringo Starr and his All Starr Band (which has included: Shelia E, Joe Walsh, Billy Preston, uh ... The dude from Supertramp ....) Michelle Penn* Mel Torme and Doc Sevrenson(SP) Billy Joel The Judds Jodie Messina* Green Vinyl Dream Barenaked Ladies* (The Second Best Ever) Neil McCoy* Dixie Chicks Various Jazz Artists: Rick Braun, Boney James... Rick Springfield Blessid Union of Souls Brooks and Dunn Now if you want to be jealous ... my hubby has seen Bob Seger - 4 times Boston -3 times Duran Duran 2 times Police - Synchroncity tour The Who Kiss - 3 times Van Halen Grand Funk Railroad [/quote] Man, I need to amend my list ... I've now added three more BNL shows to my list, as well as: Blues Traveler*(so awesome) Alanis Morrisette (with BNL) and to be added: Eric Clapton in April.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now