Sojourner Posted February 7, 2007 Posted February 7, 2007 [quote name='Sojourner' post='187824' date='May 6 2004, 10:03 PM'] U2 Dave Matthews (twice) John Mellencamp Ben Harper Jack Johnson Over the Rhine (10 or so times) Jason Harrod Coldplay Jason Mraz Maroon 5 Ani DiFranco Oasis Saw Doctors Gypsy Kings Harry Connick Jr. Fleetwood Mac Carmen Rebecca St. James Michael W. Smith The Purple People [/quote] Since this post ... I saw Over the Rhine a couple more times. And I saw Fiona Apple (GREAT concert, but she is really random). And OAR, although I didn't stay through the whole concert. I haven't gone to a concert in a while, though ... I am feeling a little live-music-starved.
Theologian in Training Posted February 7, 2007 Posted February 7, 2007 I'll throw my hat in the ring... Since I used to do a lot of swing dancing I saw a lot of those bands Royal Crown Revue Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Crescent City Maulers Blues Jumpers Gotham City Swing Swingerhead Lee Press on and the Nails The New Morty Show Lavay Smith Big Rude Jake Dem Brooklyn Bums Dr. Zoot The Love Dogs George Gee I saw a couple of Rockabilly bands: Frantic Flattops King Kerosene The Big Six And, the non-swing/rockabilly bands: Pink Floyd minus Roger Waters Roger Waters solo Frank Morey
mariahLVzJP2 Posted February 8, 2007 Posted February 8, 2007 weezer radiohead culture club (hehe) dave matthews band (not a fan) (mtv awards) christina aguilera, lil kim, mia (mtv awards) dashboard confessional the cramps wolf parade keane (amazing) there's more but mostly local L.A./OC bands
onathing1 Posted February 8, 2007 Posted February 8, 2007 Dreamstreet Yellowcard Love Arcade Matchbook Romance Hawk Nelson-Saw them twice The Mint Clearview Salem Road Relient K O.C Supertones Pillar Sanctus Real John Reuben Jeremy Camp and then a bunch of local bands...Family Force 5 and Disciple will be added to that list February 19th
Church Punk Posted February 8, 2007 Posted February 8, 2007 Some these were totally awesome and some of these concerts were so lame. Most of the EMO ones feel into the lame category, and ALL of the old bands from my parents era feel into the totally awesome category. Go figure In no particular order... (accept the who). The Who Paul McCartney AC/DC Rolling Stones Great Big Sea Guess Who Rush Paul Ravere and the Radiers Audio Adrenaline Blink 182 Big and Rich Brooks and Dunn Billy Talent Good Charlote Sam Roberts Jann Arden Isley Brothers Justin Timberlake Taking Back Sunday The Used The Tea Party Blues Brothers (with Jim Belusi not john). Blues Traveller Blue Rodeo New Found Glory Yellow Card Bowling for Soup Simple Plan
Fixxxer Posted February 8, 2007 Posted February 8, 2007 Anthrax Black Sabbath (2) Black Label Society (5) Black Stone Cherry Children of Bodom (2) Creed Dragonforce Eagles of Death Metal (2) George Lopez Godsmack (3) In Flames (2) Iron Maiden Jerry Cantrell Judas Priest Kid Rock KISS (2, original line up!) Lacuna Coil Lamb of God Larry the Cable Guy Limp Bizkit Linkin Park Mastodon (3) Megadeth Metallica (2) Motorhead Mudvayne (2) Nickelback Priestess Rob Zombie (4) Shadows Fall (2) Slayer (2) Staind Stone Temple Pilots The Strokes The Sword Tommy Lee Trivium (2) Velvet Revolver
catholicinsd Posted February 8, 2007 Posted February 8, 2007 I've attended Sonshine and Lifelight so I've seen in many CCM bands and artists.
heavenseeker Posted February 8, 2007 Posted February 8, 2007 (edited) Audio A. Kutless Casting Crowns Barlow Girls (sp? on the first part) RED Relient-K The Sleeping Hawthorn Heights there are a few more but cant remember the names right now oh and phatmass locals P5C (5) Sammy Blaze (5) Edited February 8, 2007 by heavenseeker
aalpha1989 Posted February 8, 2007 Posted February 8, 2007 Matt Maher... ummmm thats about it.... and Wynton Marsalis, Empire Brass and Canadian Brass! And the Kansas City Symphony! but um....yeah thats all....
Red Knight Posted February 12, 2007 Posted February 12, 2007 minnesota orchestra saint paul chamber orchestra Mel tillis Roy clark DC Talk Hank Williams Jr. Kentucky headhunters Tina and the B-Side movement (2) Reverend horton Heat Supersuckers Iced Earth Megadeth Guns N Roses Faith no More Metallica Henry rollins (Spoken Word) Stomp (Does that count?) Cirque du Soleil - delirium (Does that count?) Marilyn Sellars (Many Times) Acoustic Alchemy corrosion of Conformity Can't think of any more.
Didymus Posted February 12, 2007 Posted February 12, 2007 anyone else wanting/planning to see Aaron Lewis (staind) on his acoustic tour? I think I might go when he comes to Chi-town.
djjedi1 Posted February 12, 2007 Posted February 12, 2007 now, remember, I'm OLD SCHOOL so many of these were from my days in the 80's when a girl I knew hooked us up with many free tickets....soooo Lionel Richie Tina Turner Sheila E. The Time (many times) Prince (many times) Jesse Johnson Madonna Paul Young Run DMC Beastie Boys Rick Springfield Cameo The Cars John Denver (my sister made me ...) No Doubt Ohio Players SOS Band Alexander ONeal and really I know there are more, but I'd have to go into my box of ticket stubs..
Mateo el Feo Posted February 12, 2007 Posted February 12, 2007 What a fun thread. I love all the old bands. Here are the ones I can remember: Yes The Cure The Alarm Erasure Tito Puente Wynton Marsalis Alabina Los Lobos Gypsy Kings They Might be Giants Michael Hedges Hiroshima The Charlatans UK Ocean Blue The Chills The Soup Dragons
underOATH Posted February 12, 2007 Posted February 12, 2007 [quote name='morostheos' post='187534' date='May 6 2004, 09:32 PM'] oh gee...that's hard to think of them all...and i haven't even seen very many....i'm bad with names though..... here are the ones I can remember right now: (in semi-chronological order) The Ataris Third Eye Blind Eve 6 Jars of Clay Caedmon's Call Vertical Horizon Good Charlotte umm....a festival with 5 or 6 rock/punk bands that i can't remember... Ceili Rain Scarecrow and Tinman Dispatch [/quote] hey i saw Ceili rain at Catholic Underground [quote name='i'm only underOATH' post='1192564' date='Feb 12 2007, 05:49 PM'] hey i saw Ceili rain at Catholic Underground [/quote] hawk Nelson The mint It dies today Aiden Silverstein He is legend I killed the prom queen Salem road Clearview In two week I'm going to see taking back sunday, Underoath, armor for sleep, Family force 5, decyfer down, fireflight and disciple..
Archaeology cat Posted February 12, 2007 Posted February 12, 2007 Ringo Starr Peter Frampton Audio Adrenaline Third Day Toby Mac dc Talk Steven Curtis Chapman Bob Dylan Monkees (minus Mike)
underOATH Posted February 13, 2007 Posted February 13, 2007 [quote name='Colleen' post='195741' date='May 22 2004, 11:43 PM'] [size=7]And he's sung for John Paul II!!!!!!!!!!!![/size] He's so cool. [/quote] Yea Josh Groban def. has a good voice but he also is awesome at drums piano and I think every other instrument. He is just an all out musician
Tufsoles Posted February 24, 2007 Posted February 24, 2007 Let's see who tufsoles seen. Rebbeca St. James x4 dc talk toby mac plus one grits relient K(before they were really famous) POD Mercy me third day going to see Cristina arguliera( with danity kane and PCD)btw this coming monday super Chick Barlow Girl and don't laugh at me for this one *NSYNC x2
Didymus Posted February 25, 2007 Posted February 25, 2007 i can now add popple to my list. it was just about the greatest experience i ever experienced...
got2luvjc Posted February 25, 2007 Posted February 25, 2007 the only concerts I've been to where the focus is one band / artist is: Garth Brooks No Doubt Trans-Siberian Orchestra Backyard Galaxy Jim Trick Sean Forrest Brant Christopher PJ Gopal and I think thats it, but I've been to stuff like Proud2BCatholic and Soulfest, where there are many bands playing (SoulFest is 4 days long with around 100 artists!!)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now