An Old School Catholic Message Board

Convent Rules

Annie12

Regarding Marigold's post:

Ephesians 4:26-27
If you are angry, let it be without sin. The sun must not go down on your wrath; do not give the devil a chance to work on you.

It's the reading for Compline on Wednesdays. :)

Edited by Lisa

Marigold,
I love "Forgiveness Sunday" in the Eastern Liturgy before Lent! That made a huge impression on me when I went a few years ago. I also love The Canon of St. Andrew of Crete! I did a full "Eastern" Lent one year, just to experience the "other side" of Christendom.

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1333027658' post='2410009']
Regarding Marigold's post:

Ephesians 4:26-27
If you are angry, let it be without sin. The sun must not go down on your wrath; do not give the devil a chance to work on you.

It's the reading for Compline on Wednesdays. :)
[/quote]

Grazie!

[quote name='ACS67' timestamp='1333028755' post='2410017']
Marigold,
I love "Forgiveness Sunday" in the Eastern Liturgy before Lent! That made a huge impression on me when I went a few years ago. I also love The Canon of St. Andrew of Crete! I did a full "Eastern" Lent one year, just to experience the "other side" of Christendom.
[/quote]

Nice. Including the bit where fish days are feast days? :hehe2:

[quote name='Strictlyinkblot' timestamp='1333006078' post='2409962']
Its like a foreign country, it takes time to learn all the new rules and customs but they will make allowances for you. When I did a live in a few years ago I was disappointed that I wasn't allow stand for my breakfast like the other nuns and I was told to eat cereal while they ate bread, it was a penance for Lent.

Chances are that if the community does have chapter of faults or something similar you won't be allowed to participate until after postulancy.
[/quote]
Did they practice the rule of St. Augustine? It just sounds like it.

loveletslive

i know nashville does something like chapter of faults. my friend is a postulant there...last time i saw her she mentioned they were going to learn about that soon and start participating later.

[quote name='loveletslive' timestamp='1333159313' post='2410894']
i know nashville does something like chapter of faults. my friend is a postulant there...last time i saw her she mentioned they were going to learn about that soon and start participating later.
[/quote]

That must take a while. :smile2: "Sister, just skip to the big ones..."

I was thinking about where my community would do correction and I think probably during the morning meetings, though I can't be sure as they're top secret, community-only affairs! I seem to remember someone mentioning being asked about her absence from a service at the meeting though. Thankfully, they're all quite a settled lot, there can't be a lot of correction needed. I'm sure that will change in a couple of months though!