Vincent Vega Posted March 31, 2012 Posted March 31, 2012 [quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1333234871' post='2411282']I should be allowed to have my own opinion. [/quote] And I should be allowed to not wear pantaloons on the bus.
Lil Red Posted March 31, 2012 Posted March 31, 2012 [quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1333234871' post='2411282'] I honestly don't care what anyone thinks of me. I should be allowed to have my own opinion. I don't know why it's so hard for people to respect me. I thought this was a respectful website [/quote] [img]http://funnyfreepics.com/images/chill_pill.jpg[/img]
Winchester Posted March 31, 2012 Posted March 31, 2012 [quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1333234871' post='2411282'] I thought this was a respectful website [/quote] Now where did you get such a ridiculous idea?
Ice_nine Posted April 1, 2012 Posted April 1, 2012 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1333236291' post='2411288'] [img]http://funnyfreepics.com/images/chill_pill.jpg[/img] [/quote] wow 250,000 mgs. How many kilos is that? (this is a question for the Canadians. Let them have their moment of usefulness plz)
Lil Red Posted April 1, 2012 Posted April 1, 2012 [quote name='Ice_nine' timestamp='1333238920' post='2411305'] wow 250,000 mgs. How many kilos is that? (this is a question for the Canadians. Let them have their moment of usefulness plz) [/quote] [img]http://www.themockdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Image-495.png[/img]
Basilisa Marie Posted April 1, 2012 Posted April 1, 2012 [quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1333234871' post='2411282'] I honestly don't care what anyone thinks of me. I should be allowed to have my own opinion. I don't know why it's so hard for people to respect me. I thought this was a respectful website [/quote] I'd hope that you'd don't [i]actually [/i]think Harry Potter is garbage, just like Emily doesn't [i]actually [/i]think you have no soul. I've gotten far worse than "you have no soul" in response to my opinions on certain topics. You've gotta be able to roll with the punches around here if you want to voice a dissenting opinion.
southern california guy Posted April 1, 2012 Author Posted April 1, 2012 [quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1333226726' post='2411252'] Nope. Never liked it, never will [/quote] You should be careful about criticizing Harry Potter. You just might find yourself turned into a frog!
EmilyAnn Posted April 1, 2012 Posted April 1, 2012 [quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1333234871' post='2411282'] I honestly don't care what anyone thinks of me. I should be allowed to have my own opinion. I don't know why it's so hard for people to respect me. I thought this was a respectful website [/quote] I was only joking. I'm sorry you got upset.
Papist Posted April 1, 2012 Posted April 1, 2012 I never heard of this Hunger Games book/movie until i was on my local news that the movie was filmed in a town near mine.
Winchester Posted April 1, 2012 Posted April 1, 2012 [quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1333269153' post='2411423'] [s]I was only joking. I'm sorry you got upset.[/s] You decided to be insulting about Harry Potter and then get weepy when your tone is returned in kind. Tough poo. You called someone's efforts "pure garbage". Much as you may dislike Harry Potter, it took a long time for someone to cobble together those words, and a lot of people enjoyed the stories, so get off your high horse. [/quote] I fixed this for you. If someone wants to play the insult game, that someone is just going to have to toughen up, and certainly not get huffy about pm being a Catholic page. "I want to be insulting, but don't be insulting back, because this is a Catholic page!" Yeah, whatever.
FutureSister2009 Posted April 1, 2012 Posted April 1, 2012 [quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1333269153' post='2411423'] I was only joking. I'm sorry you got upset. [/quote] I appreciate the apology
southern california guy Posted April 1, 2012 Author Posted April 1, 2012 (edited) [quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1333282705' post='2411435'] I fixed this for you. If someone wants to play the insult game, that someone is just going to have to toughen up, and certainly not get huffy about pm being a Catholic page. "I want to be insulting, but don't be insulting back, because this is a Catholic page!" Yeah, whatever. [/quote] FutureSister was being critical of the Harry Potter series, but EmilyAnn was being insulting of FutureSister. FutureSister wasn't insulting anybody! And I'm the one who keeps getting suspended from this forum... Edited April 1, 2012 by southern california guy
Ice_nine Posted April 1, 2012 Posted April 1, 2012 holy poo guys it's a joke. Here's a trick. This is the internet, so you always have time to ask yourself "could said person perhaps be joking?" before you reply. I suggest everyone take a moment or two to ask that question, and then ruh-lax.
dominicansoul Posted April 1, 2012 Posted April 1, 2012 its not addictive to me, i'm not planning to watch it...
Winchester Posted April 1, 2012 Posted April 1, 2012 [quote name='southern california guy' timestamp='1333304514' post='2411523'] FutureSister was being critical of the Harry Potter series, but EmilyAnn was being insulting of FutureSister. FutureSister wasn't insulting anybody! And I'm the one who keeps getting suspended from this forum... [/quote] A person wrote the Harry Potter series. The post was derisive. Tough croutons.
southern california guy Posted April 1, 2012 Author Posted April 1, 2012 [quote name='Ice_nine' timestamp='1333311204' post='2411563'] holy poo guys it's a joke. Here's a trick. This is the internet, so you always have time to ask yourself "could said person perhaps be joking?" before you reply. I suggest everyone take a moment or two to ask that question, and then ruh-lax. [/quote] I wasn't really hitting Winnie over the head with a stick!
Winchester Posted April 1, 2012 Posted April 1, 2012 The fact that you're still able to post tells us that.
southern california guy Posted April 1, 2012 Author Posted April 1, 2012 Changing the subject here. I love to write. I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I feel that I'm always learning something new. Anyway here's my take on it. I could be wrong but here's my impression. There's a "form" a "structure" to fictional stories. It's been called, by Christopher Vogler, the "hero's journey". The hero starts out in the "ordinary" world. The hero is called to adventure. The hero refuses the calling -- but sort of gets forced into it, or persuaded, or falls into it. Etc.. etc.. A story more in line with our modern culture would have Katniss's father and mother divorced. Her father would be gone and her mother would be off running around with various men. So Katniss would have to feed and look after her sister Primrose. And after Primrose got chosen Katniss would lead a demonstration protesting the government that forced her little sister to go off and die. But that's not what happened in the story that Suzanne Collins wrote. Katniss's mother loved the father so much she sacrificed and moved from a better district to District 12. He lost his life in a mining accident. And the story starts with Katniss sacrificing her own life for her sister -- and her mother. She's not "called" to adventure -- she steps in and horrifyingly sacrifices her own life for her sister.. She knows she's going to die but it's the only way to save her little sister. In this modern culture of divorce and abortion and self-centeredness, even in religion -- (I am)"Not of this world" -- it's very moving. At least to me. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDKrHj3BYbg[/media] And you can't help but like Katniss. In this scene she's supposed to be winning over some "sponsors". [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDpeSLH-yp8[/media]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now