Ice_nine Posted March 31, 2012 Posted March 31, 2012 http://www.huffingtonpost.com/Amelia/when-your-7-year-old-son-announces-im-gay_b_1277910.html
Brother Adam Posted March 31, 2012 Posted March 31, 2012 No idea why you posted this without commentary, so, submitted without comment: http://couragerc.net/
Norseman82 Posted March 31, 2012 Posted March 31, 2012 That's absurd. Do seven year olds really understand what being homosexual is?
Groo the Wanderer Posted March 31, 2012 Posted March 31, 2012 7 yr old boys dont like girls anyway because of cooties. took me till senior year to get over that myself..... Prolly had another kid call him that so he said 'ok, i guess i am. whatever'
Luigi Posted March 31, 2012 Posted March 31, 2012 The creepy part is that the mother is so proud of her son - no effort to talk to him about it, to ask for explanation or examples. She and her husband just warn him that some people don't like gays, and she goes into full-court-press in support of the son (To the teachers: That is the ONLY acceptable position!). Of course it gives her higher status in the liberal community (No one else has had a son declare [i]so early [/i]- our son is[i] precociously[/i] gay!). I have a friend whose mother has always wanted him to be gay - she's like the most hard-core party-line liberal person you'll ever meet, and having a gay child make you liberaler-than-thou. He really disappointed her when he announced his engagement.
the171 Posted March 31, 2012 Posted March 31, 2012 Please, remind me to NEVER go into he comment section again. It gets me too angry... Thankfully I controlled myself and didn't comment. Praise God!
XIX Posted March 31, 2012 Posted March 31, 2012 You keep on using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Ice_nine Posted March 31, 2012 Author Posted March 31, 2012 [quote name='Brother Adam' timestamp='1333167045' post='2410972'] No idea why you posted this without commentary, [/quote] cause I felt like it
XIX Posted March 31, 2012 Posted March 31, 2012 [quote name='Ice_nine' timestamp='1333166183' post='2410958'] [url="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/Amelia/when-your-7-year-old-son-announces-im-gay_b_1277910.html"]http://www.huffingto..._b_1277910.html[/url] [/quote] too liberal; didn't read
Luigi Posted March 31, 2012 Posted March 31, 2012 [quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1333166985' post='2410969'] stop reading the huffington post [/quote] You'll go blind.
the171 Posted March 31, 2012 Posted March 31, 2012 I think I just did... In one eye. I don't like HP. I read Nat'l Cath Reg!
XIX Posted March 31, 2012 Posted March 31, 2012 I'm seriously beginning to agree with missionseeker--it's easier to get unbiased news about the US by listening to foreign news stations.
Ice_nine Posted March 31, 2012 Author Posted March 31, 2012 (edited) I once responded to a comment on facebook, an argument against gay marriage that was entirely secular and made no appeals to religion or morality in anyway. Some chick told me I was a remnant of a bygone age and that she hoped I enjoyed extinction, along with other hysterical accusations about what a horrible, evil bigot I was. It bothers me, as a human who genuinely does care about people, genuinely wants the best for them (eternal happiness, not just happiness in this world) that quite a large number of folks assume off the bat without even knowing me that I'm a hateful bigot. I mean why does that have to be the first leap? I'd feel a little bit better if my opponents thought I was hopelessly naive, but when so many people automatically assume you have the very worst motives for everything you say and do . . . I wish I could be more of an arse portal (does Winchester give lessons?), and just wave off these people as a bunch of liberal nutjobs, but in all honesty I guess I'm just tired and hurt by all of this. It's overwhelming to me, that you need to believe homosexuals are disgusting people, or give unwavering support to every GLBT group that pops up. Almost everyone I know in the real world seems to think this way. When I start to talk about how, I think, sexual-orientation is a relatively new social-construct and that I refuse to accept the idea that it's an inherent facet of human nature (like race for example, there's nothing essential or innate about blackness or whiteness etc) . . . people look at me like I'm talking Klingon. I mean, I thought it was supposed to be religious zealots like me who blindly accept things as they are. Why are they? Why does everything so obvious? Am I missing something? Is my opinion on this topic really less sophisticated than the average bear's? genuine questions. I'm venting I guess. Edited March 31, 2012 by Ice_nine
the171 Posted March 31, 2012 Posted March 31, 2012 I guess it's French news for me now! C'est tres bon, cher!
the171 Posted March 31, 2012 Posted March 31, 2012 I would prop your post if I could. I feel the same way!!
Groo the Wanderer Posted March 31, 2012 Posted March 31, 2012 [quote name='the171' timestamp='1333169762' post='2411010'] I guess it's French news for me now! C'est tres bon, cher! [/quote] Le Surrender Times?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now