Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

What To Do When Your 7-Year-Old Son Says "i'm Gay"


Recommended Posts

Autumn Dusk
Posted

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1333423669' post='2412189']
I agree with that. And I think it would be, to some extent, be abusive for a parent to insist to their child that they are gay (and vica versa). I don't remember reading of that occuring in this situation. It seems that the child announced the identity. Maybe tomorrow the kid will announce that he is straight (and also Batman). It really doesn't matter and I think that viewing this announcement with some skepticism is very much warranted. The parents would definitely be wrong to lock this kid into any one particular sexual identity.
[/quote]

It's innapropriate for the kid to be talking about ANY sexual identity. And lets face it Gay is a sexual identity that mother, batman and santa clause do not have.

The parents announcing their "gay" child to the world is devistating. A 7-yo has NO idea. Many gays say that they "knew" at a young age. However, the gays who are interviews are in college and the straight people often struggle with the same feeling of being different. It's disgusting that all feelings need to be inscribed with the "gay" motto.

fides' Jack
Posted

I would just say: "Good! I'm happy, too!"

Posted

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' timestamp='1334168202' post='2415867']
It's innapropriate for the kid to be talking about ANY sexual identity. [/QUOTE]

Why? Kids do that all the time. Kids have boyfriends and girlfrieds and play make believe house. Are they fully sexually developed either physically or mentally? Of course not. But the very notion of sexuality isn't completely foreign to them.

[QUOTE] And lets face it Gay is a sexual identity that mother, batman and santa clause do not have. [/QUOTE]

Obs


He was far too strong and masculine to be gay. I remember watching old episodes of batman at my cousins house. He effortlessly climbed up the sides of buildings.


[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_aWNUoaQmjqo/SIlnk96UTrI/AAAAAAAACyA/9fv82sI0HzY/s400/batman5.jpg[/img]






And his handsome young live in partner in crime-fighting :unsure:




[QUOTE] The parents announcing their "gay" child to the world is devistating. [/QUOTE]

Why?

[QUOTE] A 7-yo has NO idea. Many gays say that they "knew" at a young age. However, the gays who are interviews are in college and the straight people often struggle with the same feeling of being different. It's disgusting that all feelings need to be inscribed with the "gay" motto.
[/quote]

This 7 year old claims to. Maybe he doesn't. I don't know and don't really care. But then I don't view being gay as something negative and needing to be fixed which I wouldn't want thrust upon the innocent shoulders of a child.

Posted

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1334280882' post='2416798']

Why?

This 7 year old claims to. Maybe he doesn't. I don't know and don't really care. But then I don't view being gay as something negative and needing to be fixed which I wouldn't want thrust upon the innocent shoulders of a child.
[/quote]as a parent, living the experience of fathering two children and sharing their lives with my wife for the last few decades, that's a joy in this world I can only hope for our children. I would never close a door to potential happiness when thir children. They can make that choice as adults.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...