How Do Your Non- Catholic Friends Feel

Joan Marie Wandel

MonjaFutura

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1333576780' post='2413045']
Tell them, yes we do all have a soulmate! His name is Jesus! :hehe:
[/quote]
exactamente ^^!

MarysLittleFlower

Interesting to read about all the responses :) I've only told a few priests and a few Catholic friends that I'm even thinking of this. I also mentioned an interest in nuns to my Orthodox friend. So I'm not yet sure how Protestants or non Christians would react. If I ever discern religious life and be ready enter an order, then I guess i'd tell them :) I'd be nervous to though, because of all the questions etc.

Edited by MarysLittleFlower

My Protestant friends and family have been very supportive and very curious. They like the idea; they think it's cute & sweet and asked me to pray for them when I enter.

My Protestant uncle is a big fan of the Laffy Carm, and wants me--I think--to enter there.

My one non catholic friend never really said much to me about what she thinks but She keeps talking about when I get married and trying to set me up with guys. I think she is in denial about the whole thing. She is pretending that I am not wanting to be a nun. I think it may be her way of coping with the probability that I will be in a convent for the rest of my life. Knowing her, she may not even want to go to a convent to visit me because of her religious beliefs.

Edited by Annie12

mysisterisalittlesister

My non-Catholic friends don't know I'm discerning, but they know my sister is a nun. They just think its really weird. It's kind of sad.

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

'I'm very fortunate that most everyone I've talked to is very supportive...I get alot of "I can really see you being great at that..." type of responses. My entire family is Non-Catholic except one Uncle and a Cousin. They are all very supportive. I think a large part of the support comes from the fact that I'm honest with them all, I seek out their questions and can answer them in "non catholic" termonology that they can understand, and I've been looking at it over the last 8 years...

• 4 weeks later...
Spem in alium

Besides my parents, siblings and a couple of priests, I have only spoken with two friends about my discernment.

One is Catholic (but seriously thinking of becoming Jewish), and the other is a non-denominational Christian. Both were incredibly kind and supportive. I consider myself very lucky to have friends such as these.