BG45 Posted April 12, 2012 Posted April 12, 2012 [img]http://i.imgur.com/p1THj.jpg[/img] He's speaking about the re-release of Titantic.
r2Dtoo Posted April 12, 2012 Posted April 12, 2012 I don't care if he's a better director or not, Titanic is one of those movies that makes anyone with even a single drop of testosterone in them want to hurl.
dominicansoul Posted April 12, 2012 Posted April 12, 2012 i really don't want to see kate in the nude... ..in 3D even! ...but i bet the sinking scenes (the ONLY good part of the movie, imho,) are pretty razzle dazzle in 3D i think i would much rather see documentaries on the Titanic than this movie, though... And yeah, George Lucas is an idiot for messing with the classic Star Wars trilogy...
BG45 Posted April 12, 2012 Author Posted April 12, 2012 The sinking is the only thing I'd want to see in 3D, utterly heart wrenching and tragic, but well done.
Laudate_Dominum Posted April 12, 2012 Posted April 12, 2012 I thought I heard that he changed the sky in the sinking because of complaints from Neil deGrasse Tyson.
BG45 Posted April 12, 2012 Author Posted April 12, 2012 LD, you have proven my OP to be incorrect. [url="http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/arts-post/post/titanic-night-sky-adjusted-after-neil-degrasse-tyson-criticized-james-cameron/2012/04/03/gIQAZyZItS_blog.html"]Cameron did indeed cave to the champion of Reddit's Atheism followers and change the night sky. [/url]Apologies for being wrong all
Laudate_Dominum Posted April 12, 2012 Posted April 12, 2012 What does "champion of Reddit's Atheism followers" mean? I didn't know about that.
BG45 Posted April 12, 2012 Author Posted April 12, 2012 Oh he's done a few Ask Me Anything posts on Reddit and the people who follow /r/atheism idolize him as their new hero after Christopher Hitchens death for his outspoken views on his lack of belief.
Laudate_Dominum Posted April 12, 2012 Posted April 12, 2012 [quote name='BG45' timestamp='1334254248' post='2416471'] Oh he's done a few Ask Me Anything posts on Reddit and the people who follow /r/atheism idolize him as their new hero after Christopher Hitchens death for his outspoken views on his lack of belief. [/quote] Oh, I see. I never use Reddit so I'm out of touch with such things. Is Reddit pretty razzle dazzle?
BG45 Posted April 12, 2012 Author Posted April 12, 2012 It will consume your life. But yeah, it's amesome. I use it to get most of my news anymore, and info on gaming.
PhuturePriest Posted April 12, 2012 Posted April 12, 2012 Titanic is simply laughable. It should go down as one of the worst movies ever (Pun actually unintended at first). I love the end when she says "I'll never let go of you..." and then immediately lets him go.
BG45 Posted April 12, 2012 Author Posted April 12, 2012 But they do reunite at the end of the film in the afterlife...where the husband she had to have married for the rest of her family to exist was conspicuously absent.
r2Dtoo Posted April 12, 2012 Posted April 12, 2012 [quote name='BG45' timestamp='1334256279' post='2416509'] But they do reunite at the end of the film in the afterlife...where the husband she had to have married for the rest of her family to exist was conspicuously absent. [/quote] Um, yeah, whatever.
r2Dtoo Posted April 12, 2012 Posted April 12, 2012 [quote]“Neil deGrasse Tyson sent me quite a snarky e-mail saying that, at that time of year, in that position in the Atlantic in 1912, when Rose (Kate Winslet) is lying on the piece of driftwood and staring up at the stars, that is not the star field she would have seen,†Cameron told to Discovery.[/quote] Wow, that is so terrorifying that someone actually knows that.
Amppax Posted April 13, 2012 Posted April 13, 2012 Thank goodness they fixed that. That movie was simply unwatchable before.
MissScripture Posted April 13, 2012 Posted April 13, 2012 George Lucas also didn't direct Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi. Yes, I'm a nerd. Couldn't you tell from my avatar?
BG45 Posted April 13, 2012 Author Posted April 13, 2012 He also didn't direct the abomination that is the Holiday Special.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now