r2Dtoo Posted April 16, 2012 Posted April 16, 2012 (edited) [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1334594027' post='2418727'] There's a difference between a woman strutting her stuff to impress the guys and a Franciscan who wears nothing but a habit as a sacrifice. Trust me, they would rather not have such immediate skin contact with an itchy wool habit. But really, if I were one of those guys I would staple it onto my legs. What else can they do if there's a huge gust of wind? I'm sure there's been many a Franciscan Sister horrified because of this. [/quote] Um, I would imagine they wear some form of long johns for that reason. I doubt they just slip into a habit and go about their day. Edited April 16, 2012 by r2Dtoo
MissScripture Posted April 16, 2012 Posted April 16, 2012 [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1334594027' post='2418727'] There's a difference between a woman strutting her stuff to impress the guys and a Franciscan who wears nothing but a habit as a sacrifice. Trust me, they would rather not have such immediate skin contact with an itchy wool habit. But really, if I were one of those guys I would staple it onto my legs. What else can they do if there's a huge gust of wind? I'm sure there's been many a Franciscan Sister horrified because of this. Hm. I actually never knew this. I love England, but that's messed up. [/quote] It was a joke because what you actually said was that, "Hardcore Franciscans don't wear anything at all," making it sound like they run around naked.
PhuturePriest Posted April 16, 2012 Author Posted April 16, 2012 [quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1334595566' post='2418739'] It was a joke because what you actually said was that, "Hardcore Franciscans don't wear anything at all," making it sound like they run around naked. [/quote] I realize this. I meant to say they don't wear anything under their Habit, and it was implied, as far as I remember.
Papist Posted April 16, 2012 Posted April 16, 2012 I can't help it. Every time I browse the Open Mic and see this title, I can't stop this image from popping into my head. [img]http://www.tvparty.com/vgifs13/jjgoodtimes.jpg[/img]
MIKolbe Posted April 16, 2012 Posted April 16, 2012 me too.. we're old. [color=#B22222][size=8]AND DY-NO-MITE!!![/size][/color]
Lil Red Posted April 16, 2012 Posted April 16, 2012 is this the thread that FP complained about being out of props? well, anyway, phatmasser group gets 10 props per 24hr rolling day
MIKolbe Posted April 16, 2012 Posted April 16, 2012 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1334608171' post='2418911'] is this the thread that FP complained about being out of props? well, anyway, phatmasser group gets 10 props per 24hr rolling day [/quote] FP complains about so much, it's hard to keep track.....
Lil Red Posted April 16, 2012 Posted April 16, 2012 [quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1334594244' post='2418729'] Um, I would imagine they wear some form of long johns for that reason. I doubt they just slip into a habit and go about their day. [/quote] wow. monks going commando. talk about scandal.
Norseman82 Posted April 17, 2012 Posted April 17, 2012 [quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1334541682' post='2418460'] nah bork bork bork! see? easy stuff [/quote] [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qj8PhxSnhg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qj8PhxSnhg[/url]
PhuturePriest Posted April 17, 2012 Author Posted April 17, 2012 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1334608950' post='2418921'] wow. monks going commando. talk about scandal. [/quote] Ahem... [i]Friars [/i]going Commando. There is a difference.
MissScripture Posted April 17, 2012 Posted April 17, 2012 You were the one using Nun interchangeably with Sister.
PhuturePriest Posted April 17, 2012 Author Posted April 17, 2012 [quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1334644855' post='2419226'] You were the one using Nun interchangeably with Sister. [/quote] There's a difference between a Nun and a Sister, I'm afraid.
4588686 Posted April 17, 2012 Posted April 17, 2012 [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1334534533' post='2418355'] Atlanta is in the south, ergo it is really hot and has tons of tornadoes, [/QUOTE] I've lived in the south all my life and have never once been through a tornado. We do have lots of hurricanes. [QUOTE] and simply walking into Chicago as a Conservative is a death-sentence. [/quote] That's interesting. I've been in Chicago with a conservative.
Amppax Posted April 17, 2012 Posted April 17, 2012 [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1334682133' post='2419481'] There's a difference between a Nun and a Sister, I'm afraid. [/quote] That's what she was saying.
PhuturePriest Posted April 17, 2012 Author Posted April 17, 2012 [quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1334682518' post='2419492'] I've lived in the south all my life and have never once been through a tornado. We do have lots of hurricanes. That's interesting. I've been in Chicago with a conservative. [/quote] Either way, I hate the heat. Seventy is as high as I like it to go. In eighty degrees I'm sweating. I just hate big towns. I've lived in a small Kansas town my whole life. The thought of being in a town that large isn't a fun one. Besides, I've been to Chicago twice. The traffic alone is enough to make you never want to come back.[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1334682569' post='2419493'] That's what she was saying. [/quote] Yeah, and that's what I'm saying. We both say stuff at times. It's interesting.
Lil Red Posted April 17, 2012 Posted April 17, 2012 [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1334644732' post='2419225'] Ahem... [i]Friars [/i]going Commando. There is a difference. [/quote] no.way. for realz?
PhuturePriest Posted April 17, 2012 Author Posted April 17, 2012 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1334687768' post='2419597'] no.way. for realz? [/quote] Yep. I feel good knowing I have taught you something.
Lil Red Posted April 17, 2012 Posted April 17, 2012 (edited) you didn't. but thanks for trying. (side note: i used to be a youth minister, where I taught youth the teachings of the Catholic Church. There is still much that I haven't learned about the Church and what She teaches, but I think I know the difference between friar/monk and nun/sister.) Edited April 17, 2012 by Lil Red
Vincent Vega Posted April 17, 2012 Posted April 17, 2012 (edited) [quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1334682518' post='2419492'] That's interesting. I've been in Chicago with a conservative. [/quote] You were probably wearing this outfit, you liberal jackass. [img]http://dreaminginjavascript.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/3-1-executioner-with-axe.jpg[/img] Edited April 17, 2012 by USAirwaysIHS
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now