lanie Posted May 7, 2004 Posted May 7, 2004 Well I voted cradle, but I don't know if I ever have actually been Catholic, I mean when I was younger sure, I did as I was told, I believed what I was taught and that wat that. But now, I dunno I don't think I can really call myself Catholic, I'd like to think I could, but deep down I know I'm not even close.
saintwannab7 Posted May 7, 2004 Posted May 7, 2004 I am 17. I called myself "an un-Baptized Catholic" before I recieved the Sacrament of Baptism. I was sort of a cradle-Catholic in a sense that I went to Catholic grade school, sometimes Mass (no recieving the Eucharist, of course), and generally so no difference besides Communion between myself and all my Catholic classmates. But I was Baptized on January 16th, 2001 and recieved my First Holy Communion during that Mass also. Yey! I am so blessed!!! But I did not really have any appreciation for Catholicism or Christ's Sacrifice. I went to World Youth Day in Toronto in 2002 and I had a conversion. Another HUGE blessing!!! so its only been almost 2 years actually being a Catholic-Catholic and 3 years since being a Baptized Catholic.
Fiat_Voluntas_Tua Posted May 19, 2004 Posted May 19, 2004 I have been Catholic for a few months...since Jan. 31....WOOOO WHOOOO! God Is Good, All the Time...All the Time, God is Good. Pax et Agape per Mariam, Andy
Ellenita Posted May 21, 2004 Posted May 21, 2004 I was recieved at Easter Vigil this year but I'd been Catholic in my heart and mind for some time before that!
Sojourner Posted May 21, 2004 Posted May 21, 2004 [quote name='Ellenita' date='May 21 2004, 11:55 AM'] I was recieved at Easter Vigil this year but I'd been Catholic in my heart and mind for some time before that! [/quote] Ditto.
homeschoolmom Posted May 21, 2004 Author Posted May 21, 2004 [quote name='Sojourner' date='May 21 2004, 03:36 PM'] Ditto. [/quote] not me... I sat there at Easter Vigil thinking, "what am I doing here?"--- not that I didn't want to, it was just pretty fast. I wish I'd come into the Church with the same peace... next Easter, I'll probably cry my eyes out...
hopeful1 Posted May 22, 2004 Posted May 22, 2004 it's funny, i was never ment to be catholic in the first place. As i said back in Open mike, mom's baptist and dad's a catholic pew warmer (when he feels like going). I wasn't baptist till i was 6, and that was only because it was cheaper to be catholic at the school i went to. Thank God for the teachers i had there, because i really credit them for the formation of my faith. I'm almost 20, and i'm the only one in my family that goes to church now. God's cool like that.
FaustinaVianney Posted May 23, 2004 Posted May 23, 2004 [quote name='Ellenita' date='May 21 2004, 12:55 PM'] but I'd been Catholic in my heart and mind for some time before that! [/quote] I received all three Sacraments of initiation on November 29, 2002, but Fr Tony says that I was more Catholic than most Catholics. I had been going to daily Mass for 6 months or more. I couldn't wait to receive my precious Lord!!
Carnanc Posted May 23, 2004 Posted May 23, 2004 hey, i voted cradle cause I've been going to Mass and have been baptized since I was very young, yet it is amazing to me how long it took me to finally realize how much there is to the Catholic faith. It wasn't till about 2 years ago when I fully realized it wasn't just another christian dennomination.
DojoGrant Posted May 27, 2004 Posted May 27, 2004 There is not a poll choice for me!!! I'm at about a year and a half now.
homeschoolmom Posted May 27, 2004 Author Posted May 27, 2004 [quote name='DojoGrant' date='May 27 2004, 10:11 AM'] There is not a poll choice for me!!! I'm at about a year and a half now. [/quote] I did that on purpose-- just to leave you out, DG!
DojoGrant Posted May 27, 2004 Posted May 27, 2004 They all told me I was crazy with my conspiracies! But at last! Vindication! If you count my year and a half of WANTING to be Catholic, I've been Catholic for 3 years.
1337 k4th0l1x0r Posted May 28, 2004 Posted May 28, 2004 [quote name='DojoGrant' date='May 27 2004, 10:11 AM'] There is not a poll choice for me!!! I'm at about a year and a half now. [/quote] I'm in that same boat. I guess it's like our adolescence of Catholicism. We don't really belong anywhere else.
Fides_et_Ratio Posted June 7, 2004 Posted June 7, 2004 I voted cradle catholic, as I was baptized as a baby... however, I've only been a PRACTICING Catholic for almost 2 years (July 1st). Though, I had a 5 month "bump" in the road during those 2 years though I don't know how much that counts, as I still met with my spiritual director. I was crazy like that. So maybe I should say a year and a half, though not consecutively.. but that sounds confusing. Oh well, close enough.
BeenaBobba Posted June 9, 2004 Posted June 9, 2004 I'm a cradle Catholic. I was baptized as a tiny baby. I didn't start getting serious about Catholicism until two years ago, though. That's when I started looking into what the Church really teaches and why. That's when I started becoming an orthodox Catholic instead of a wishy-washy one. God bless, Jennifer
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now