MorphRC Posted August 24, 2004 Posted August 24, 2004 [quote name='Paladin D' date='Aug 23 2004, 12:22 PM'] Been Catholic my whole life since baptism (as a baby), but was never fully raised it. I went on a spiritual journey to Rome around January 2003, and discovered my roots soon after. [/quote] Similar story with me, but in 1999.
iwantacoke Posted August 25, 2004 Posted August 25, 2004 [COLOR=purple] I came into the church Easter 1995
lifeteenchick527 Posted August 25, 2004 Posted August 25, 2004 <<<cradle catholic...went to catholic elementry school and am going to a catholic high school...but...i reall have learned/wanted to learn more alot during the past 2 yrs or so...but i have always grown up learning about Catholicism and my punishments were often reading the bible, copying the parts of the bible, reading/copying parts of the Catechism, and other stuff like that...lol...my parents made sure i knew the catholic teachings on everything i did!! lol
MorphRC Posted August 27, 2004 Posted August 27, 2004 [quote name='iwantacoke' date='Aug 25 2004, 08:12 PM'] [COLOR=purple] I came into the church Easter 1995 [/quote] Cokie
Tony Posted September 9, 2004 Posted September 9, 2004 [quote name='saintwannab7' date='May 7 2004, 05:12 PM'] I am 17. I called myself "an un-Baptized Catholic" before I recieved the Sacrament of Baptism. I was sort of a cradle-Catholic in a sense that I went to Catholic grade school, sometimes Mass (no recieving the Eucharist, of course), and generally so no difference besides Communion between myself and all my Catholic classmates. But I was Baptized on January 16th, 2001 and recieved my First Holy Communion during that Mass also. Yey! I am so blessed!!! But I did not really have any appreciation for Catholicism or Christ's Sacrifice. I went to World Youth Day in Toronto in 2002 and I had a conversion. Another HUGE blessing!!! so its only been almost 2 years actually being a Catholic-Catholic and 3 years since being a Baptized Catholic. [/quote] yeah I am rather similar.. except I got baptised and had 1st Communion at age 13.. and never went to Catholic school. a Retreat my Senior year of High School really got me on my way to deepening my faith and appriciation though to keep a long story short, I never know rather to call myself a Cradle or Convert.. I mean my Mom was Catholic before I became one.. and she encouraged me to get Baptised. Now she is rather fallen away but I wouldn't have it any other way except to Goto Mass, recived the Sacraments.. pray lots, etc.
Dave Posted October 2, 2004 Posted October 2, 2004 I've been Catholic since May 1, 1994 -- I was 18 years old. I'd been raised in the Presbyterian Church.
Ash Wednesday Posted December 3, 2004 Posted December 3, 2004 I'm a cradle. I view myself as a paradox. There is part of me that is tempted, that has doubts, that is human, that can be a freethinker, questioner, and a free spirit artistic person, but at times in a troublesome way. But there is the part of me that has been, and always will be, drawn to the Divine, and the Church of my childhood that is a part of who I am and my very identity. So I've always been a Catholic and plan to die one, though at times almost as if it was besides myself, inexplicably, supernaturally drawn in, and not entirely my decision, but as the Godfather says, "An invitation you cannot refuse." If that makes any sense. My mom used to liken conversion and salvation to the constant turning over of a stone. So that would be me... I'm constantly converting to Catholicism.
rachael Posted December 5, 2004 Posted December 5, 2004 well.....i was born into a Catholic family.... i wasn't baptised though. i got baptised when i was 12 and i couldn't care less. however, i got confirmed this year by my own choice.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted December 5, 2004 Posted December 5, 2004 [quote name='rachael' date='Dec 4 2004, 09:50 PM'] well.....i was born into a Catholic family.... i wasn't baptised though. i got baptised when i was 12 and i couldn't care less. however, i got confirmed this year by my own choice. [/quote] YAY!
hopeful1 Posted December 23, 2004 Posted December 23, 2004 it's kinda funny, i just found my baptism candle today. i was recieved into the church, september 20th, 1990.
Neal4Christ Posted December 29, 2004 Posted December 29, 2004 I am not officially Catholic, yet. I am in RCIA right now. I have been Catholic in beliefs for about six months.
journeyman Posted December 30, 2004 Posted December 30, 2004 Attended for almost 20 years; just received last Easter
Honour Posted January 9, 2005 Posted January 9, 2005 Hey no spot for me either.... I am searching right now, I've had a strong attraction to the Church for a few years, it comes and goes. I am fed up with protestantism ??? But I have no one to go to mass with no one to tell me what its all about I am scared. It's just I grew up Baptist, a really good one, and I always knew what was going on and all the answers to all the questions, it was so dang comfortable... I think thats why I hate it.
homeschoolmom Posted January 9, 2005 Author Posted January 9, 2005 [quote name='Honour' date='Jan 9 2005, 09:15 AM'] Hey no spot for me either.... I am searching right now, I've had a strong attraction to the Church for a few years, it comes and goes. I am fed up with protestantism ??? But I have no one to go to mass with no one to tell me what its all about I am scared. It's just I grew up Baptist, a really good one, and I always knew what was going on and all the answers to all the questions, it was so dang comfortable... I think thats why I hate it. [/quote] Well, you're in good company... It's hard to go from comfy and knowlegable to uncomfy and ... I assure you, you'll catch on quickly. Once you are comfortable enough with how mass goes, you'll enjoy it.
Isaiah41:13 Posted January 11, 2005 Posted January 11, 2005 I voted cradle Catholic. I was baptised as a baby and raised Catholic, but did not attend church often until high school. My mom does not believe in attending Mass weekly and is not very fond of organized religion so she would not let my dad take my brother and I to Mass on Sunday's. She also would not let me make my confirmation and still will not let my brother make his. After my brother and I started living with him more (they've been divorced for since I was 8) he took us to church every Sunday... that was 4 years ago. Now, I'd say that in the past two years (starting junior year of high school), I've become more devout and am hoping to make my confirmation in the future.
Joseph Posted January 14, 2005 Posted January 14, 2005 It will be 2 years this Easter vigil that I joined. I wish would have knew about this "Catholic" stuff earlier so I could've joined a long time ago
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now