An Old School Catholic Message Board

Torn, Confused...

Spem in alium

Spem in alium

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1335813405' post='2425284']
I GREW UP THERE! That's where my brothers and sister-in-law went to college!
[/quote]

!!!! WOW! That's beyond amesome! :woot: :woot: :woot:

Would you mind if I PM'd you? I don't know that much about the area and would love to learn more from someone who does. :)

Spem in alium

Hi everyone.

First, thank you all so much for your kind words of advice and support. Each reply was helpful in one way or another. I've really taken your words to heart.

Second, I just wanted to post an "update" of sorts. Today I met with a close family friend (who is a priest) to discuss my thoughts and feelings. I came away from the meeting feeling a lot more guided. He advised me to get in contact with certain orders, but to keep with my studies, pursue my academic goals and get some more life experience before I pursue my vocation deeply.
I'm a person who likes to be certain about things, and I think that's the main problem I face here. I can never be certain about this! I just want to know what my purpose is and get started on achieving it, but through talking with people like yourselves and with priests I know that I have to be patient and allow God to fill my heart and my life.

I know in my heart that God's Will for me is to create goodness and happiness not only in my life but in the lives of others. In the end, I make the choices, not Him - and that demands responsible discernment and action. I feel confident that I can follow His Will as a married, single or religious person. Yet my heart is pulling me in different directions. I'm becoming more at peace with the idea that it could take me a while to know what I want to do and where I want to be, and just trusting the Lord and Our Blessed Mother makes that peace clearer and easier to obtain.

Thank you all again. I really appreciate the help I have received here. I will keep you all in my prayers as I move on in my life's journey (and will update if anything significant happens!)

May God bless you all, each and every day.

Edited by Spem in alium

That's fine... feel free to stay in touch - you seem to be a lovely person, and you may want to check out some of the rest of PHATmass if you choose not to hang around VS. We'll hold you in prayer.

Spem in alium

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1336103858' post='2426867']
That's fine... feel free to stay in touch - you seem to be a lovely person, and you may want to check out some of the rest of PHATmass if you choose not to hang around VS. We'll hold you in prayer.
[/quote]

Oh, thank you! I've learnt so much through reading and posting in other threads here, so I'll definitely stick around. :)

CatholicWing

I keep you in my prayers intentions. Here is already lot of people give you kind advises.
And my prayer is this that May God bless you and always stand up you in your faith. Amen!

Spem in alium

[quote name='CatholicWing' timestamp='1336108465' post='2426909']
I keep you in my prayers intentions. Here is already lot of people give you kind advises.
And my prayer is this that May God bless you and always stand up you in your faith. Amen!
[/quote]

Thank you ever so much for your kind prayers! They give me strength. God bless :)

Spem in alium

[quote name='maximillion' timestamp='1336129779' post='2426959']
Prayers.............
[/quote]

Thank you! Praying for you also.