An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Marian Sisters Of Santa Rosa

Chiara Francesco

Chiara Francesco

Their website - [url="http://www.mariansisters.com/"]http://www.mariansisters.com/[/url]

Their Facebook - search for the Marian Sisters of Santa Rosa

Edited by Chiara Francesco

Yet another group from the CMRI sisters I believe...... Either that or Sr. Teresa Christe looks an awful lot like a former CMRI sister that I knew!

God bless them. I love the royal blue on white look.

Thanks for the link and the suggestion to check out the Sisters' facebook page.

I am glad to see that they are getting vocations, but I am curious to know how many of them there are, whether they are technically an 'Association of the Faithful' etc.

Has anyone actually interacted with any of these Sisters?

I believe they are one of the groups that has come out of the return to the Roman Catholic Church from the CMRI sisters.... anyone know more?

FYI... A number of those photos are of them on the Facebook Page are of them at the Discalced Carmelite Fathers' House of Prayer in Oakville in Napa County (near Santa Rosa).

[img]http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/426297_10150597503026906_115370761905_9183611_503902391_n.jpg[/img]

(see Carmelite Friars' Facebook page, March 12)
[url="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Carmelite-Friars-Discalced-California-Arizona-Province-of-Saint-Joseph/115370761905"]http://www.facebook.com/pages/Carmelite-Friars-Discalced-California-Arizona-Province-of-Saint-Joseph/115370761905[/url]

I know Fr. Mark Kristy, OCD, is the Latin Mass priest for the diocese, so that is probably the connection.

I wish the Sisters every good thing, and many vocations!

TheresaThoma

[quote name='mantellata' timestamp='1335762175' post='2425104']
Yet another group from the CMRI sisters I believe...... Either that or Sr. Teresa Christe looks an awful lot like a former CMRI sister that I knew!

God bless them. I love the royal blue on white look.
[/quote]
You're right. These Sisters along with the SMMC sisters (plus I think there is a third community) all came back into communion with Rome from the CMRI at the same time.

HopefulBride

I believe right now they are four or five (at least four - one Novice included) and I think they are a Public Association of the faithful

SoonerCatholic

I love these new religious communities, it is exciting for the Church. Plus, I think they have good taste in habits. :D

beatitude

I thank God for these sisters and the others like them; they have enriched the Church with the very best of traditionalism, and been enriched themselves through coming to unity. Their faith and joy are shining. This is the sort of traditional witness that we need.

I just love Marian habits, the blue is so pretty. And of course it's wonderful to hear of these sisters coming back into full communion with the Church. I pray that the other CMRI sisters they left behind see their witness and come home as well.

The sisters in Michigan were part of CMRI, but not the Mother of the Church group.

The Marian Sisters were part of both CMRI and Mother of the Church.

The sisters who left CMRI said they breached the issue of reconciliation with Rome, but the superior told them all, point blank, to leave. No quarter.

So, we have:

Daughters of Mary, Mother of the Church
Daughters of Our Mother of Grace
Marian Sisters of Santa Rosa

Who are all former CMRI.

Blessings,
Gemma

• 2 months later...
ToJesusMyHeart

I am discerning with the Marian Sisters. Can't wait to speak with Mother on the phone this week! I've been searching for a charism like this for so long; the Lord takes His time, but He is so generous! I particularly love that they celebrate both forms of the mass.

The EF just amazes me every time I assist! :pope2:
To my knowledge, they have 3 professed, 1 novice, and 1 postulant. And me, who is figuring it out!

Te Deum Laudamus!

HopefulBride

[quote name='ToJesusMyHeart' timestamp='1343887465' post='2461491']
I am discerning with the Marian Sisters. Can't wait to speak with Mother on the phone this week! I've been searching for a charism like this for so long; the Lord takes His time, but He is so generous! I particularly love that they celebrate both forms of the mass.

The EF just amazes me every time I assist! :pope2:
To my knowledge, they have 3 professed, 1 novice, and 1 postulant. And me, who is figuring it out!

Te Deum Laudamus!
[/quote]

Welcome to Phatmass!!!

ToJesusMyHeart

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1343940451' post='2461682']
Welcome to Phatmass!!!
[/quote]

Thank you!

HopefulBride

[quote name='ToJesusMyHeart' timestamp='1343941859' post='2461698']
Thank you!
[/quote]

Mother Teresa Christe is absolutely wonderful. She was my first contact when I began my discernment with the SMMC. Prayers for you as you continue to discern with this beautiful community.

ToJesusMyHeart

[quote name='beatitude' timestamp='1343942067' post='2461700']
Welcome. :love: Terrific community. I look forward to reading all about your discernment journey.
[/quote]

I look forward to sharing it with this community! I spoke with Mother today actually, and what a delight she is! She said they've been getting "quite a number" of vocation inquiries from other young women, so that's really exciting, especially because they don't advertise. Mother is officially going to be working as a high school teacher for next year, teaching "Advanced Catholicism." How wonderful!