An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Marian Sisters Of Santa Rosa

Chiara Francesco

ToJesusMyHeart

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1343942675' post='2461703']
Mother Teresa Christe is absolutely wonderful. She was my first contact when I began my discernment with the SMMC. Prayers for you as you continue to discern with this beautiful community.
[/quote]

Sorry I missed this. Yes, she is such a beautiful woman! Your prayers are exceedingly appreciated, and I offer you mine as well.

Thanks for this thread! I love the SMMCs, and had not heard of these sisters that came from their same group. One thing I can say, the group these sisters came from taught them the beauty of the habit. Love it!

[quote name='ToJesusMyHeart' timestamp='1343962631' post='2461829']
Mother is officially going to be working as a high school teacher for next year, teaching "Advanced Catholicism." How wonderful!
[/quote]

How wonderful and so needed for Catholic youth....religious education needs devoted and knowledgeable women to teach. I would have loved to be taught by a Sister!

ToJesusMyHeart

Indeed! The need is very great. The Dominican teachers are such a valuable resource for Catholic youth. I hope someday the Marian Sisters will expand and begin infiltrating the Catholic schools in Santa Rosa, which Mother described as one of the most liberal (read:secular) areas of the country. Yikes! :covereyes:

Oh yes, the Dominican sisters are such a blessing for their students. Unfortunately, down here in the deep Bible belt, there are virtually no Sisters teaching, as the Catholic population is spread too thin across the area. My brother and sister love watching the DSMME sisters on Truth in the Heart, weekdays at 4 pm Central time-no they are not paying me! :)

With all the inquiries they are getting, hopefully, in a couple years, they will be running schools for a substantial part of the very secular California.

ToJesusMyHeart

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1343966550' post='2461868']
Oh yes, the Dominican sisters are such a blessing for their students. Unfortunately, down here in the deep Bible belt, there are virtually no Sisters teaching, as the Catholic population is spread too thin across the area. My brother and sister love watching the DSMME sisters on Truth in the Heart, weekdays at 4 pm Central time-no they are not paying me! :) [/quote]

I watch Truth in the <3 too! (: Several friends of mine have discerned with the DSMME. I'm not sure where you are, but I'm in Texas, and I'm sure you know that we have a group of DSMME sisters down here in Austin (Georgetown, to be specific), and as soon as the money is raised, they'll begin major construction of the new Texan monastery! Whoop! They're already teaching on the small-scale, but with time I'm sure they'll expand to the level the NDs have been blessed with. God is good!

ToJesusMyHeart

And also, have you heard of Mother Miriam of the Lamb of God? She began a new active Benedictine order in Tulsa, OK. I'm pretty sure they won't be formally teaching in schools, but their charism involves 'teaching' to the effect of parish and community catechesis and evangelization, etc. There's also another small Benedictine community in Tulsa which operates it's own Catholic K-8 school on the premises of the monastery. Hopefully these two St. Benedict families can catechize that part of Oklahoma together!

[quote name='ToJesusMyHeart' timestamp='1343967086' post='2461870']
[s]I'm sure you know[/s] that we have a group of DSMME sisters down here in Austin (Georgetown, to be specific), and as soon as the money is raised, they'll begin major construction of the new Texan monastery! Whoop! They're already teaching on the small-scale, but with time I'm sure they'll expand to the level the NDs have been blessed with. God is good!
[/quote]

:shocking: I did NOT know that! I am in Texas too-we need the Sisters and the catechesis almost as bad as California. Thanks be to God!!!

ToJesusMyHeart

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1343976826' post='2461923']
:shocking: I did NOT know that! I am in Texas too-we need the Sisters and the catechesis almost as bad as California. Thanks be to God!!!
[/quote]

Oh, well yes! Here's a recent photo of the Texas DSMME sisters and their Austin diocesan priest-friends.
"[color=#333333][font='lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3][left]Texan Sisters and Priests at the 2012 Final Vows of Dominican Sisters in Ann Arbor"[/left][/size][/font][/color]

[img]http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/311577_10102303142989864_1085267573_n.jpg[/img]