An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dna Tests On Eucharistic Miracles

dairygirl4u2c

DNA tests on eucharistic miracles  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

[quote name='Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye' timestamp='1336727880' post='2429708']
wouldn't shatter my faith, relics and token miracles are whatever they are i don't love or hate them, i'm gospel tobz, and the holy sacrements and prayer are biblical, thats enough for me :)
[/quote]

Now if you could proove my arse was actually my face than i may be in a spot of difficulty lol

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye

blacksheep

1 yes, because nothing aggrivates me more than those who take advantage of the faithful. If a miracle is false it should be exposed and disposed. Along with those who perpetrated said miracle.

of course the miracle of the Eucharst cannot be tested and relies on faith alone....but I believe we are talking about instances where the host becomes physical earthly bloody gruesome flesh. right?

I tend to start posting before actually reading things....

Edited by blacksheep

thessalonian

One of the Eucharistic miracles was already tested to see what it was. Can't remember which one. The scientist was not told what he was observiing. His conclusion was that it was live heart tissue. I for one would like to see DNA tests between the shroud and the Eucharistic miracles. I think some tests have been done between some of them. Ie. the blood type is AB in the shroud and some of the miracles.

thessalonian

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzN9-SQtccY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzN9-SQtccY[/url]

Tim Francis - Science tests faith.

Groo the Wanderer

any testing done would need to be double-blind. researchers could not know what they are testing and why. too many peeps with agendas out there. too easy to distort findings to prove a point

dairygirl4u2c

in a way, Laud is being the least skeptical.... cause he's proactively seeking the tests, while assuming they'll prove the miracles to be true. the skeptics are the ones who, whether fully conscious of it or not, would not have the tests done because they think they'll be proven false.

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' timestamp='1337031010' post='2430599']
in a way, Laud is being the least skeptical.... cause he's proactively seeking the tests, while assuming they'll prove the miracles to be true. the skeptics are the ones who, whether fully conscious of it or not, would not have the tests done because they think they'll be proven false.
[/quote]
You're making a false judgement! I don't think the tests need to be done because I have faith and putting your God to the test is showing a lack of faith. However I'm with LD from a scientific point of view that if someone insists on putting it to the test and it gives an indisputable result then that would be exciting. But logic (mine) dictates that that won't happen. (indeterminate) The thing that I find inconsistent is that we are told that tests on the Eucharist will reveal the accidents of bread and wine. Logically the presence of Christ in the Eucharist is his supernatural body and blood of the resurrection which (is poured out for the remission of sins) will provide us with a way to salvation and eternal life. Since the Catholic Church teaches that tests including taste, sight and smell will reveal the accidents of bread and wine, then logically the transubstantiation (the change of one substance to another) is not concerning the physical substance. When we say a man is 'a man of substance', we are not implying that he is obese it is generally used to indicate his ethos! In the Eucharist we have a change of minuscule physical food which nourishes the physical body for a short time into the substantial food of the body of Christ's resurrection which lasts for eternity. This is my take on the Eucharist which is compatible with both the Catholic Church's teaching of the 'real presence' as well as the logic and reason of science. Now if God for reasons known to him should take a few isolated cases a step further and make a purely physical (no accidents) transformation into flesh and blood, I doubt that he will make that a world wide absolute proof, which would mean that what we have been doing all these years is somehow an incomplete transformation and therefore not a real Eucharist. BTW I don't believe that Jesus is contained in the Host like a Genie in a bottle. The host is the core, but Jesus is also present in the entire church and it's people as one in the body of Christ.

Edited by Mark of the Cross

I just don't think something like this can ever be proven empirically. It's almost too easy you know? It's more of a defensive pessimism as to not get my hopes up

but who knows? If God wills it, it will happen. If not, then I guess add it to the other thousand "if God WANTS us to believe in Him why doesn't he prove/show x, y, or z?!"

• 9 months later...
dairygirl4u2c

"and maybe some funky "goings on" with the "fathers v. mother" stuff given Jesus didn't have an earthly biological father."

i wonder if Jesus had the XX XY chromosomal indicators of a female, with DNA that otherwise made him male. not having an earthly father would muck things up.

What would be the purpose of mapping the genome other than to say 'yup. we done did it. derp.' If there is not something to be gained, no sense in doing a DNA mapping.

here's a partial listing: http://www.catholicd...ticmiracles.htm read each one to find those on which the Precious Blood and/or the Holy Flesh was tested.
more; http://www.circleofp...c-miracles.html
listing by region: http://www.therealpr...ir/engl_mir.htm

This claim will not work because if I will take your teaching regarding this. There is a Catholic claim saying that this ‘bread’ in one Catholic Church’ is the same ‘bread’ in all other churches and not only on that particular time but, in all time in the entire history of your Church.

All of them are one and the same bread. Now, how come such ‘miracle’ was seen in that ‘bread’ in that particular time and in that church and not seen in all other churches and in all time?

Please, you are ‘deceiving’ people by this claim. Do not live like them who cheated even their own self.

--------

This ‘transubstantiation’ is like a magician’s joke. Believe and you will see a red elephant inside my closed hands. Believe! otherwise you will see nothing inside it. Believe without using your senses because it is mystery. Your eyes cannot see it. Your nose cannot smell it. Your tongue cannot taste it. Your ears cannot hear and your skin cannot feel it. Believe without using your senses and you will see it. Where is your ‘common sense’ now? It is all gone because of your faith.

It is written, Love your God with all your heart (okay check), with all your mind (?)….Please brothers make up your mind and seek the one and true God.

Edited by reyb

• 2 weeks later...
thessalonian

The Raliens wanted to get some DNA from a Eucharistic miracle and clone Christ.  Seriously.  This is a real group.

ToJesusMyHeart

The Raliens wanted to get some DNA from a Eucharistic miracle and clone Christ.  Seriously.  This is a real group.

Well, that's sickening. I don't think God would let that work though. Hmmm, how interesting to contemplate. Even if they could clone the DNA, the person they produced would not be Jesus. It might look like Him, but he wouldn't be God-Man. 

Are they satanists, or just deranged scientists? 

Do not make any DNA Test on that piece of bread because.....it cannot be seen, it cannot be heard, it cannot be tasted, it cannot be felt, it cannot be understood because it is a Mystery. Let them die on that faith.