An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dna Tests On Eucharistic Miracles

dairygirl4u2c

DNA tests on eucharistic miracles  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ToJesusMyHeart

Do not make any DNA Test on that piece of bread because.....it cannot be seen, it cannot be heard, it cannot be tasted, it cannot be felt, it cannot be understood because it is a Mystery. Let them die on that faith. 

Bro, it's not a piece of bread. 

It's the literal Body of Christ.

It is Jesus, in the flesh. Physically there. Alive.

Of course.

I know you believe in it and I hope you will agree with me (if this bread is the true body and blood of Jesus) that whosoever eat it will ‘not go hungry’ or whosoever drink it will ‘not go thirsty’ since his flesh is the real food and his blood the real drink as it is written in John 6:53-59.

Now, no matter how you see or understand this ‘eating and drinking’ it will lead to one thing – He is in you and you are in him.

Now, my question is this: Why do you eat it again and again?

This is one of many reasons why I said this piece of bread is just a bread since you are all ‘eating ‘it again and again. Your own doings reveals who you really are. You are saying one thing and then doing another.

Again, if that ‘host’ is the true body and blood of Jesus why then you eat it again and again and again? Can you please explain it why? Edited by reyb

ToJesusMyHeart

Now, my question is this: Why do you eat Him again and again?

Again, if that ‘host’ is the true body and blood of Jesus why then you eat it again and again and again? Can you please explain it why?

Because Jesus Himself commanded it.  :|

ToJesusMyHeart

Okay show me

"For I received from the Lord what I also handed on to you, that the Lord Jesus, on the night he was handed over, took bread,

and, after he had given thanks, broke it and said, “This is my body, given up for you. Do this in remembrance of me.”

In the same way also the chalice, after supper, saying, “This chalice is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

For as often as you eat this bread and drink the chalice, you proclaim the death of the Lord until he comes.

Therefore whosoever shall eat this bread, or drink the chalice of the Lord unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and of the blood of the Lord.

Everyone is to examine himself and only then eat of the bread or drink from the chalice.

For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body, eats and drinks condemnation on himself." 

- 1 Corinthians 11: 23-29

TheLordsSouljah

"For I received from the Lord what I also handed on to you, that the Lord Jesus, on the night he was handed over, took bread,

and, after he had given thanks, broke it and said, “This is my body, given up for you. Do this in remembrance of me.”

In the same way also the chalice, after supper, saying, “This chalice is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

For as often as you eat this bread and drink the chalice, you proclaim the death of the Lord until he comes.

Therefore whosoever shall eat this bread, or drink the chalice of the Lord unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and of the blood of the Lord.

Everyone is to examine himself and only then eat of the bread or drink from the chalice.

For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body, eats and drinks condemnation on himself." 

Don't even bother with this one darlin. Prayers, prayers. Everything you are saying is so true and so obvious. In solidarity. God bless you! =)

Don't even bother with this one darlin. Prayers, prayers. Everything you are saying is so true and so obvious. In solidarity. God bless you! =)

So you are now ‘eating’ this body –not just once but as often as you can – because that is how you see this verse. But, I beg to disagree with your rendition to Apostle Paul’s letter because he is not telling you to do it since he is explaining the errors made by people who ate the same body but died (or God is not pleased with them) in 1 Cor 10:1-5.

He is not telling you, ‘you need to eat the body of the Lord more than once’ since he is explaining,  ‘eating the body of the Lord without recognizing it’ is ‘eating and drinking’ judgement on himself.   Meaning, you must recognized that body which you are now eating otherwise this offering will bring you to your eternal punishment.  

Apostle Paul gives an example in this manner. He said ‘1 Cor 10:18-20

18 Consider the people of Israel: Do not those who eat the sacrifices participate in the altar? 19 Do I mean then that a sacrifice offered to an idol is anything, or that an idol is anything? 20 No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons.

He is practically saying since Israelites made their own ‘offerings and sacrifices’ therefore, they are offering it to demons and not to God. To the Jews, they thought they are obeying the commandment of God in doing it but in the eyes of Apostle Paul, it is entirely the opposite.  

Thus, Apostle Paul said ‘...and I do not want you to be participants with demons. Meaning, he is saying, ‘do not make your own offering’.  And he continued further by saying ‘ You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons (1 Cor 10:20-21).

Before, I continue my reasons why ‘eating’ it once is enough, Can you please explain to me what is that ‘cup of demons and table of demons’ in above verse?

havok579257

So you are now ‘eating’ this body –not just once but as often as you can – because that is how you see this verse. But, I beg to disagree with your rendition to Apostle Paul’s letter because he is not telling you to do it since he is explaining the errors made by people who ate the same body but died (or God is not pleased with them) in 1 Cor 10:1-5.

He is not telling you, ‘you need to eat the body of the Lord more than once’ since he is explaining,  ‘eating the body of the Lord without recognizing it’ is ‘eating and drinking’ judgement on himself.   Meaning, you must recognized that body which you are now eating otherwise this offering will bring you to your eternal punishment.  

Apostle Paul gives an example in this manner. He said ‘1 Cor 10:18-20

18 Consider the people of Israel: Do not those who eat the sacrifices participate in the altar? 19 Do I mean then that a sacrifice offered to an idol is anything, or that an idol is anything? 20 No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons.

He is practically saying since Israelites made their own ‘offerings and sacrifices’ therefore, they are offering it to demons and not to God. To the Jews, they thought they are obeying the commandment of God in doing it but in the eyes of Apostle Paul, it is entirely the opposite.  

Thus, Apostle Paul said ‘...and I do not want you to be participants with demons. Meaning, he is saying, ‘do not make your own offering’.  And he continued further by saying ‘ You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons (1 Cor 10:20-21).

Before, I continue my reasons why ‘eating’ it once is enough, Can you please explain to me what is that ‘cup of demons and table of demons’ in above verse?

2000 years of the christian community doing it wrong until reyb showed up and told us. that people, trillions of people have been wrong and only he is right.  is that what your saying reyb?

ToJesusMyHeart

:cry:

I'm sad for you reyb. 

By the way, I've been pronouncing your name "raib" instead of "rey b."

2000 years of the christian community doing it wrong until reyb showed up and told us. that people, trillions of people have been wrong and only he is right.  is that what your saying reyb?

:cry:

I'm sad for you reyb. 

By the way, I've been pronouncing your name "raib" instead of "rey b."

The more you must ask yourself, why?

The way I see it, this things happens because for 2000 years more none of you even tried to seek the Truth, namely Jesus Christ, from God himself since you just accepted and believed whatever your early fathers told you about this historical Jesus as if it is no longer a kind of belief but a spiritual reality or a revelation from God himself.

You put all your strength in proving this pre-meditated belief without even asking, where is God’s righteousness if this historical salvation is true? Where is God’s unconditional love and fairness to the entire humanity and for all generations - if God prepared everything for Christians alone particular for Catholics only?  Meaning, if God prepared everything just for you?

I know very few people have found it (one example is Prophet Muhammad) but it does not mean I see myself better or holier than others.  As it is written, (God said) "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."( Rom 9:15).  If you think I do not deserved to that kind of mercy; have you not wondered why even up to now you failed to see Jesus Christ the way Apostle Paul saw him? Apostle Paul is just a man like us and if he saw the Christ of God, why then God will hold any of you to see Him in the same way all God’s witnesses saw my Lord? Until now, you still do not know, why?

To tell you frankly, you are being fooled for 2000 years now and that is because, you let yourself be deceived and you enjoyed it.  Do your early fathers explain (with rationality)  how that piece of bread becomes the true body of the Christ of God? If Catholic’s teaching is really in line with the truth presented in the scripture and this bread is the true body and blood of Jesus – the physical body of Jesus Christ’. Can you please explain to me, what is that spiritual food and spiritual drink during Moses time?

It is written (1 Cor 10:1-5)

10:1 For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers, that our forefathers were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. 2 They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea. 3 They all ate the same spiritual food  4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ. 

Now, my question is this: what is that spiritual food if it is not referring to the body of the Christ of God? And if it is referring to the body of the Christ of God;  How come it will become the body of your historical Jesus since they are already ‘eating’ it during Moses time? (Take note of your early fathers claims that the Christ of God comes in flesh just 2000 years ago long before Moses left this world). 

It was once said ‘it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins’ (please see Heb 10:1-4).  It is the same thing today, it is impossible for that ‘host’ to take away sins because (I will repeat what Apostle Paul said in that verse) ....because, ‘If it could, would they not have stopped being offered? For the worshipers would have been cleansed once for all, and would no longer have felt guilty for their sins’.

Of course, you can eat that piece of bread again and again and again but  just like what Apostle Paul said  in 1 Cor 10:23 ‘23 "Everything is permissible"-but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"-but not everything is constructive.’.

So again, Can you please explain to me in what way that spiritual food and spiritual drink during the time of Moses will become the body and blood of your historical Jesus? 

Edited by reyb

TheLordsSouljah

love it (not) how he just takes the views of Paul and doesn't even consider for a second what the Lord said in the Gospels. Like Paul has authority over God Himself. WTHk?

I will repeat what I just said in this forum many times.

I know that you believe in this historical Jesus as the Christ of God who comes in flesh more or less 2000 years ago. I know that you believe in this ‘host’ as the true body and blood of that historical Jesus. And I know too that you ‘eat’ it often in obedience to this particular verse (1 Cor 11:23-2) and I quote...

23 For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me ."  25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me. [NIV]

23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: 24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.[KJV].

But  you have forgotten to ask yourself – Is that ‘host’ really the true body and blood of the Christ of God? Or They (Apostle Paul and all witnesses of God) are saying a  â€˜bread’ or ‘spiritual food ‘different from this ‘host’?   

Thus, I asked if that ‘host’ you are holding is the same ‘spiritual food’ ate by people during the days of Moses. How come it will become the body of your historical Jesus (since according to your early fathers He comes in flesh in their days and not in the days of Moses)?

Obviously, your ‘host’ is not the same ‘spiritual food’ during the days of Moses but it is clearly written in 1 Cor 10:3-4 that this spiritual food and spiritual drink comes from spiritual rock,  â€˜...and that rock was Christ’.

This is what I am telling from the very beginning , Apostle Paul is not referring to your historical Jesus as the Christ of God otherwise Apostle Paul will never mention about this 'spiritual rock' in the days of Moses.

I ate it once and it is enough for me to remember my Lord and everything he did to me forever. But to you it is different. You eat it again and again and again ‘...until the Lord comes’. Now, how can you explain this verse in John 6:53-57?

"I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him. 57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me

Edited by reyb