An Old School Catholic Message Board

Modesty And Swimwear...

Annie12

What should a woman cover to be modest? If only her are***s and cheeks, then very much is modest. If more, how much would you suggest? I'll bite and have some fun. ;)

I'm not sure how much terminology is acceptable... I can put in the asterisked letters if needed.

[quote name='qfnol31' timestamp='1338405851' post='2437931']
What should a woman cover to be modest? If only her are***s and cheeks, then very much is modest. If more, how much would you suggest? I'll bite and have some fun. ;)

I'm not sure how much terminology is acceptable... I can put in the asterisked letters if needed.
[/quote]

areola? why can't we say that? seriously? :huh:

franciscanheart

[/quote]
It took me a second to figure out what you were saying up there with all those asterisks.

In the deleted image, the woman's breasts were well covered. There was some "cleavage" (in that you could see some of the outline of the inside of the breasts), but it was by no means a nipple cover with strings. It also appeared that she was wearing bottoms that actually covered her bottom. AND she had a sarong.

I'm not saying we should draw a line on the breasts and decide anything less is immodest, I'm just saying that not all two-pieces are unacceptable. I don't think there is a swimsuit on the market that, if less than a "shelf bra" type top, is going to hide every part of a woman's breasts. And even if they do, there they are.

I think men should have to wear tube tops over their pecks.

[/quote]

my problem is that people said the picture was gross and offensive. why? she has a beautiful (God-given) body. sure, it may not be a modest picture (according to some), but to call the picture gross and offensive? seriously?

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1338406177' post='2437932']

areola? why can't we say that? seriously? :huh:
[/quote]LoL, I didn't know what is appropriate for bodily parts. I can think of a few I would rather not name in public...

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1338406179' post='2437933']

It took me a second to figure out what you were saying up there with all those asterisks.

In the deleted image, the woman's breasts were well covered. There was some "cleavage" (in that you could see some of the outline of the inside of the breasts), but it was by no means a nipple cover with strings. It also appeared that she was wearing bottoms that actually covered her bottom. AND she had a sarong.

I'm not saying we should draw a line on the breasts and decide anything less is immodest, I'm just saying that not all two-pieces are unacceptable. I don't think there is a swimsuit on the market that, if less than a "shelf bra" type top, is going to hide every part of a woman's breasts. And even if they do, there they are.

I think men should have to wear tube tops over their pecks.
[/quote] I have worn a shirt for ten years now. :)

Actually, I've been wearing pa.nts for almost that long too. But that's a different story.

seriously, i'm using the word "seriously" way too much. that's just seriously wrong.

:|

IcePrincessKRS

Well, having been to the beach this past weekend I can tell you ol' Kim's suit was very modest for a bikini. Her breasts were covered more than the majorty of the women I saw on the beach and she had a coverup (which she was obviously adjusting in the removed photo) to give more coverage to her butt and thighs. Comparatively speaking, she was more modest than the average.

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1338406380' post='2437936']

my problem is that people said the picture was gross and offensive. why? she has a beautiful (God-given) body. sure, it may not be a modest picture (according to some), but to call the picture gross and offensive? seriously?
[/quote]I know, I was just taking Franciscanheart up on her offer.

[quote name='qfnol31' timestamp='1338406448' post='2437937']LoL, I didn't know what is appropriate for bodily parts. I can think of a few I would rather not name in public...[/quote]

i guess i don't understand why. they're just body parts. (unless you're [i]calling[/i] someone a body part. like calling jaime a "boob" or something like that. :hehe: )

[quote name='qfnol31' timestamp='1338406497' post='2437941']
I know, I was just taking Franciscanheart up on her offer.
[/quote]

we must all be bored this week. ;) :hehe:

franciscanheart

BTW, I see women dressed with only slight more coverage EVERY SINGLE DAY. Why? Because they're runners. I see sweaty, muscular men in the exact same gear, minus the top. EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Oddly enough, I have never once seen anyone on phatmass take issue with the things runners wear... or rather, don't wear.

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1338406673' post='2437943']
BTW, I see women dressed with only slight more coverage EVERY SINGLE DAY. Why? Because they're runners. I see sweaty, muscular men in the exact same gear, minus the top. EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Oddly enough, I have never once seen anyone on phatmass take issue with the things runners wear... or rather, don't wear.
[/quote]

that's because they're sweating, and everyone knows that visible sweat is just gross and so no one is attracted to that.

:|

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1338406673' post='2437943']

[/quote]I'd say you didn't know me in HS, but....

At my first HS (in Georgia) the girls wore sports bras. I'd take issue with it now (and the school definitely did).

Oddly enough, with all the posting going on in here, it's a wonder any of us ever get outside EVER. Why bother complaining about swimsuits if you're in a dark basement every day anyhow?

[quote name='arfink' timestamp='1338406753' post='2437947']
Oddly enough, with all the posting going on in here, it's a wonder any of us ever get outside EVER. Why bother complaining about swimsuits if you're in a dark basement every day anyhow?
[/quote]

my house is nice and bright and sunshiney, thank you very much. :P

[quote name='arfink' timestamp='1338406753' post='2437947']
[/quote] :cold:

I went to the pool yesterday and my daughter peed on me and the pool was closed. :(

I might go back today, so I do actually get out to see what this is all about from time to time.