An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Second Retreat

Lil'Monster

Lil'Monster

[quote name='Strictlyinkblot' timestamp='1338344327' post='2437588']
Precisely! Although I don't think the Dominican habit comes in camouflage colours.
[/quote]

Well true..unless I go hunting in da habit.....that would be amesome! Hahaha

Lil'Monster

I am a very demanding person so I asked God to answer my prayer..he sure did!

dominicansoul

lil mon, i thought of you at the midnite hour!! i was like, "the girls are in front of JESUS right now!!!"

i prayed for you, chica!!!

Lil'Monster

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1338352886' post='2437664']
lil mon, i thought of you at the midnite hour!! i was like, "the girls are in front of JESUS right now!!!"

i prayed for you, chica!!!
[/quote]

Thank ya so much! :)

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1338343240' post='2437566']
Well it is a long story but yeah I guess I am discerning religious life. God made it clear to me on Saturday night or Sunday morning if you could say because it was midnight-ish when I was in Adoration.

And marriage is always a possibility!

So in yur face! booyah!
[/quote]

Now THIS I had NOT seen -- the thread I had seen.

Prayers for your continuing discernment.... you rock!

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1338343786' post='2437578']
That can be taken in two ways: Habit and wedding dress
[/quote]

Maybe both. We've got a whole thread on the wedding dress orders!

But we can't have you going to the white side! Head-to-toe black is the way to go. :hehe2:

i<3franciscans

Mon!!!!! I am so happy for you!. :) So glad you came to join the dark side. Don't worry, we have lots of cookies.

Many prayers for you!!!! Luv ya sis

Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1338345441' post='2437601']
[/quote]

I'm not sure how well that would work unless you were hunting in the snow

IgnatiusofLoyola

[/quote]

Well, there IS this very well-known photo........However, I think it's pretty safe to say that nuns are MUCH more likely to go hunting for souls with prayer than with guns/rifles etc. I can go look for the story behind this photo, but if I remember correctly, the nuns in the picture--who are/were real-life sisters as well as Sisters--took the picture mostly at the request of their father who loved to hunt. I think the sisters/nuns may have hunted before they became nuns, but didn't hunt after they took vows.

[url=""][img]http://www.wpclipart.com/people/groups/Nuns_With_Guns.png[/img][/url]

As for chickens, I think some Communities do have farms, but the DSMMEs are mostly teachers. (Hey, you wanted 20 kids--you'd probably get more than that in your classroom!) And, you could ask to be assigned to a more rural parish (no guarantees, though, I'm sure--I don't know if the DSMME's serve any rural parishes--yet--who knows?) and you could be the faculty advisor for the local 4-H club.

Actually, I think a chicken could make a very good classroom pet, come to think of it.

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1338401569' post='2437868']
Well, there IS this very well-known photo........However, I think it's pretty safe to say that nuns are MUCH more likely to go hunting for souls with prayer than with guns/rifles etc. I can go look for the story behind this photo, but if I remember correctly, the nuns in the picture--who are/were real-life sisters as well as Sisters--took the picture mostly at the request of their father who loved to hunt. I think the sisters/nuns may have hunted before they became nuns, but didn't hunt after they took vows.

[img]http://www.wpclipart.com/people/groups/Nuns_With_Guns.png[/img]

As for chickens, I think some Communities do have farms, but the DSMMEs are mostly teachers. (Hey, you wanted 20 kids--you'd probably get more than that in your classroom!) And, you could ask to be assigned to a more rural parish (no guarantees, though, I'm sure--I don't know if the DSMME's serve any rural parishes--yet--who knows?) and you could be the faculty advisor for the local 4-H club.
[/quote]

So far, they seem to serve mostly southern parishes (other than Michigan). And are at least exploring foundations in Texas and California.

One could reasonably surmise that after novitiate people decide that they HAVE HAD QUITE ENOUGH OF MICHIGAN WINTERS THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

;)

MissScripture

[/quote]
When my sister joined the Nashies, my cousin was going to learn to sew, just so she could sew my sister a camo habit for turkey hunting. :hehe: Are there any orders that have bright orange habits? Then you could go deer hunting. :hehe2:

Closest thing I could find to nuns in day-glo.....

[img]http://img2.imagesbn.com/images/128290000/128299372.JPG[/img]

Lil'Monster

I know this came to be a surprise that I am discerning religious life.

Hunting in da habit would be amesome...I am sure they would allow me to visit my family and I can go hunting then! Hahaha that would be amesome if I shot a buck in da habit. :hehe: