PhuturePriest Posted June 6, 2012 Posted June 6, 2012 [quote name='Papist' timestamp='1338944601' post='2441551'] [img]http://thepoliticalcarnival.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/jcfather.jpg[/img] [/quote] This won't cause a national crisis at all. Way to go, JC!
Papist Posted June 6, 2012 Author Posted June 6, 2012 Correct. This will not cause a crisis. The crisis is already here.
4588686 Posted June 6, 2012 Posted June 6, 2012 [quote name='kujo' timestamp='1338948449' post='2441598'] Nope. Didn't get that part at all until I read the co[color=#282828]m[/color][color=#282828]ments. [/color] [color=#282828]Who shops at JC Penny anyway? Wo[/color][color=#282828]men and gay [/color][color=#282828]men. I don't think I've ever heard of any straight [/color][color=#282828]man who's ever bought an article of clothing fro[/color][color=#282828]m there. [/color][color=#282828] [/color][color=#282828] [/color] [/quote] I shop at JC Penny
Tony Posted June 6, 2012 Posted June 6, 2012 if this were a straight couple reading a bible or praying a rosary next to a crucifix , that would be super offensive, but a gay couple celebrating father's day , that's quite alright!
4588686 Posted June 6, 2012 Posted June 6, 2012 [quote name='Tony' timestamp='1339015383' post='2441893'] if this were a straight couple reading a bible or praying a rosary next to a crucifix , that would be super offensive, but a gay couple celebrating father's day , that's quite alright! [/quote] WHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY would that be offensive? As the resident heretic pinko I couldn't give two floopies if JC Penny put a ad out their aimed at Christians.
kujo Posted June 6, 2012 Posted June 6, 2012 [quote name='Clare~Therese' timestamp='1339002126' post='2441797'] Big Brother is watching you! Well...I won't be going to jcpenny anytime soon, I guess. I don't even think there's one very near me anyway. [/quote] Why? Because you think you're going to be accosted by a couple of well-dressed men and their adorable children? [quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1339007467' post='2441837'] Businesses are more of a reflection if social mores than a innovator. Penney is just reflecting what's accepted more than initiating a change. At least it is presenting parenthood as caring for children instead of a Pride Rally portraying SSA as a sexual freak lifestyle. [/quote] Right, because [i]that's[/i] what Pride Rallies are about--sexual freakiness. [quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1339010821' post='2441861'] I shop at JC Penny [/quote] [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVneqqeyO2M"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVneqqeyO2M[/url] [quote name='Tony' timestamp='1339015383' post='2441893'] if this were a straight couple reading a bible or praying a rosary next to a crucifix , that would be super offensive, but a gay couple celebrating father's day , that's quite alright! [/quote] You mean like how restaurant chains start advertising various sales and deals for fish during lent?
4588686 Posted June 6, 2012 Posted June 6, 2012 [quote name='kujo' timestamp='1339025588' post='2441971'] [media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVneqqeyO2M[/media] [/quote] What are you implying?
kujo Posted June 6, 2012 Posted June 6, 2012 [quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1339025997' post='2441974'] What are you implying? [/quote] That you're Asian
Anomaly Posted June 7, 2012 Posted June 7, 2012 [quote name='kujo' timestamp='1339025588' post='2441971'] Right, because [i]that's[/i] what Pride Rallies are about--sexual freakiness. [/quote]are you mocking me? They're not?
kujo Posted June 7, 2012 Posted June 7, 2012 [quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1339028788' post='2441991'] are you mocking me? They're not? [/quote] [left]I thought they were about refusing to succumb to external pressures from believers of an antiquated socio-religious dogma that forces individuals to cower and hide from who and what they are. Sure there are definitely a whole heck of a lot of overt sexuality at these things, and I suppose that, just like every other "rally," the original intent has long since been supplanted by a more commercialized parade atmosphere.[/left]
Anomaly Posted June 7, 2012 Posted June 7, 2012 Let's not get all serious and shizzle. We're all just actors in play we didn't write.
Winchester Posted June 7, 2012 Posted June 7, 2012 [quote name='eagle_eye222001' timestamp='1338947061' post='2441580'] The states continue to roll out the defense of marriage......and stores still feel compelled to act by their lost compass. The meddling of businesses into the morals of society is dangerous in that businesses will decide what morals we follow......in essence, they will dictate our belief system. [/quote] Is that why you think flooping on camera is morally acceptable?
MissyP89 Posted June 7, 2012 Posted June 7, 2012 Hey, guys, guess what... [i]Gay people exist.[/i] I don't think they're going to go away. In all seriousness, I have a sincere question as someone truly trying to understand this issue. What is it that conservatives want? Is the goal to make all gay people go back into "hiding," as it were? Are we trying to eliminate homosexuality from the public sphere? I'm keeping my own opinions out of this for now. Again, I'm just trying to understand the "Catholic position" regarding gay people in society.
Papist Posted June 7, 2012 Author Posted June 7, 2012 [quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1339032745' post='2442017'] Hey, guys, guess what... [i]Gay people exist.[/i] I don't think they're going to go away. In all seriousness, I have a sincere question as someone truly trying to understand this issue. What is it that conservatives want? Is the goal to make all gay people go back into "hiding," as it were? Are we trying to eliminate homosexuality from the public sphere? I'm keeping my own opinions out of this for now. Again, I'm just trying to understand the "Catholic position" regarding gay people in society. [/quote] [url="http://www.catholic.com/tracts/homosexuality"]http://www.catholic.com/tracts/homosexuality[/url] - hope this helps.
ardillacid Posted June 7, 2012 Posted June 7, 2012 [quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1339021835' post='2441931'] WHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY would that be offensive? As the resident heretic pinko I couldn't give two floopies if JC Penny put a ad out their aimed at Christians. [/quote]Then you have not rooted out all your Catholic tendencies. I sentence you to listen to 5 hours of Katy Perry to erase all remaining decency from your tainted mind.
i<3franciscans Posted June 7, 2012 Posted June 7, 2012 [quote name='ardillacid' timestamp='1339036014' post='2442035'] Then you have not rooted out all your Catholic tendencies. I sentence you to listen to 5 hours of Katy Perry to erase all remaining decency from your tainted mind. [/quote]That's harsh...
fides' Jack Posted June 7, 2012 Posted June 7, 2012 Well, it's easy to tell which one is the breadwinner, at least.
Vincent Vega Posted June 7, 2012 Posted June 7, 2012 I think it's shopped. Those guys are white and that kid is what, Asian of some kind? Explain those genetics. Plus I could tell by the pixels.
Annie12 Posted June 7, 2012 Posted June 7, 2012 My BFF told me recently JCPenny came out in support of gay marriage. This does not surprise me a whole lot...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now