Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

[quote name='Norseman82' timestamp='1339299596' post='2443077']
But in broad daylight on major thoroughfares covered by the evening news?
[/quote]

[img]http://www.nolaimports.com/store/images/Mardi_Gras_mayhem.JPG[/img]

Posted

Always the best way to kick off Lent.

Posted

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1339301036' post='2443083']
Always the best way to kick off Lent.
[/quote]

Clearly she's giving up not having more beads and covering her chesticles

Posted

Actually I think it's the other way around...

Posted

Let's just call it even: she's giving up her dignity for Lent. Amirite?

Posted

Fair enough.

Posted (edited)

OK kujo, you got me on that one, but let's face facts: BOTH are disgusting.

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1339300200' post='2443080']
[img]http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg626/vitaminj861/sailor-kiss1.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

That's mild, and not freakish.

Edited by Norseman82
Posted

[quote name='Norseman82' timestamp='1339358220' post='2443204']
OK kujo, you got me on that one, but let's face facts: BOTH are disgusting.



That's mild, and not freakish.
[/quote]
Hardly. He's eating her face off!

Posted

[quote name='Norseman82' timestamp='1339358220' post='2443204']
OK kujo, you got me on that one, but let's face facts: BOTH are disgusting
[/quote]

Your revulsion is due to the fact that PEOPLE are behaving without or with disregard to their dignity as a child of God. Gay, straight...when you abuse the gift of chastity and purity in any of countless ways, you are doing a tremendous disservice to your person. Problem is that it seems like gay people are slandered, as a group, for the actions of these people at the rallies, while you don't see many "herp derp those beaver dam straights" threads on PM...

Posted

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1339382233' post='2443322']
Your revulsion is due to the fact that PEOPLE are behaving without or with disregard to their dignity as a child of God. Gay, straight...when you abuse the gift of chastity and purity in any of countless ways, you are doing a tremendous disservice to your person. Problem is that it seems like gay people are slandered, as a group, for the actions of these people at the rallies, while you don't see many "herp derp those beaver dam straights" threads on PM...
[/quote]

I disagree. There are plenty of threads about immodest straights. Seriously.

Posted

[quote name='Adrestia' timestamp='1339384840' post='2443347']
I disagree. There are plenty of threads about immodest straights. Seriously.
[/quote]
There are? Where exactly? I can find, oh, maybe five or six threads about gays if you need me too. Where's these threads criticizing lewd straights?

Posted (edited)

[quote name='Adrestia' timestamp='1339384840' post='2443347']


I disagree. There are plenty of threads about immodest straights. Seriously.
[/quote]

You misunderstood my point.

Homosexuals are often maligned as a group and with sweeping generalizations, based on circumstances pertaining to unruly or uncouth individuals who happen to be interested in the same genitals as them. On the other hand, whenever some immodest or immoral straight person is called out, their sins are properly contextualized and compartmentalized as that of an [i]individual[/i] rather than a member of some sort of collective.

Restated, Gay 1 is castigated for the sins of Gay 2, while I, a heterosexual, endure no such mistreatment for the celebrated sexual perversions of, say, Lady Gaga. See what I mean?

Edited by kujo
Posted

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1339385523' post='2443355']
You misunderstood my point.

Homosexuals are often maligned as a group and with sweeping generalizations, based on circumstances pertaining to unruly or uncouth individuals who happen to be interested in the same genitals as them. On the other hand, whenever some immodest or immoral straight person is called out, their sins are properly contextualized and compartmentalized as that of an [i]individual[/i] rather than a member of some sort of collective.

Restated, Gay 1 is castigated for the sins of Gay 2, while I, a heterosexual, endure no such mistreatment for the celebrated sexual perversions of, say, Lady Gaga. See what I mean?
[/quote]

I think your statement applies to members of every minority group. We discussed sweeping generalizations in the Trayvon Martin thread, and you seemed to be more resigned to them in that context.

Posted

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1339382233' post='2443322']
Your revulsion is due to the fact that PEOPLE are behaving without or with disregard to their dignity as a child of God. Gay, straight...when you abuse the gift of chastity and purity in any of countless ways, you are doing a tremendous disservice to your person. Problem is that it seems like gay people are slandered, as a group, for the actions of these people at the rallies, while you don't see many "herp derp those beaver dam straights" threads on PM...
[/quote]

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/121733-herp-derp-those-beaver-dam-straights/"]sorry, i just had to. [/url]

Groo the Wanderer
Posted

[img]http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/21891216.jpg[/img]

Posted

[img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/556097_372235186171651_1288106732_n.jpg[/img]

Posted

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1339032745' post='2442017']
Hey, guys, guess what...

:secret:

[i]Gay people exist.[/i] I don't think they're going to go away.

In all seriousness, I have a sincere question as someone truly trying to understand this issue. What is it that conservatives want? Is the goal to make all gay people go back into "hiding," as it were? Are we trying to eliminate homosexuality from the public sphere?

I'm keeping my own opinions out of this for now. Again, I'm just trying to understand the "Catholic position" regarding gay people in society.
[/quote]

I'm not sure why it should be normal or acceptable for a person to identify himself by his perverse sexual desires.

I don't know too many people who publicly identify themselves as sadomasochists, but I would hope they would keep that kind of thing to themselves, their confessor, their psychologist, and maybe a confidant or two.

Posted

[quote name='Amory' timestamp='1339497668' post='2443843']
I'm not sure why it should be normal or acceptable for a person to identify himself by his perverse sexual desires.[/quote]

I once had a gay guy tell me he thought that lady parts were "icky." To him, liking women is "perverse" and "abnormal."

[quote]I don't know too many people who publicly identify themselves as sadomasochists, but I would hope they would keep that kind of thing to themselves, their confessor, their psychologist, and maybe a confidant or two.
[/quote]

You hang around Catholic threads a lot.

Posted

[quote name='Socrates' timestamp='1339109274' post='2442298'] Quite frankly, anyone whose morality and belief system is dictated to him by a clothing retailer is an idiot and has only himself to blame.
[/quote]

People's views on morality come from the culture(s) that they are exposed to, often including the ads that surround them at every moment.

And, quite frankly, there are a lot of idiots out there. We shouldn't dispense with any concern for their views just because they happen to be less intelligent than most people. They, as much as anyone else, need the Church and its teachings for salvation.

Posted

[quote name='Amory' timestamp='1339498403' post='2443845']
People's views on morality come from the culture(s) that they are exposed to, often including the ads that surround them at every moment.

And, quite frankly, there are a lot of idiots out there. We shouldn't dispense with any concern for their views just because they happen to be less intelligent than most people. They, as much as anyone else, need the Church and its teachings for salvation.
[/quote]

Yes, please enlighten we who couldn't give less of a croutons who and how clothing retailers choose to market their product to.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...