An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is It The Same For You?

Annie12

Lil'Monster

But then again..I do shed tears of joy and sorrow...not for myself but for the world.

Once I got into a discussion with a person who didn't know what he was talking about. Anyways it was a couple of years ago around Christmas time. I was at a 4-h meeting and a little girl asked "Who is Jesus" I told her that he is the Son of God and he is fully man and fully God, etc.

Then a boy who was 15 at the time....disagreed with me....then we got into a discussion.....I wasn't really angry but upset that he didn't believe that Jesus is God.....I don't know why but I broke down into tears right there...thank goodness we were down in a basement..doing an activity or I would have cried in front of the adults...including my dad..ughh I hate crying in front of my parents...

Well I was 19 at the time..the oldest of the bunch....but you can guess the most sensitive to this topic.....

I didn't know what to say..I was a little shocked by it all! And that kid thought he knew everything....grr

LinaSt.Cecilia2772

Oh girl I UGC (Ugly Girl Cry) in adoration all the time. It's weird, adoration and reconciliation are the only times I cry if it happens. I used to not be all emotional at things, like it took a lot to make me cry. But I've learned recently (after a VERY hard year) that sometimes the only way Jesus can get to our hearts is to break them. I used to not cry over things, but now I get emotional over things that usually wouldn't have made me emotional before. I guess after all the trials i've been through I look at things and life in general differently.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1339130269' post='2442434']
But then again..I do shed tears of joy and sorrow...not for myself but for the world.

Once I got into a discussion with a person who didn't know what he was talking about. Anyways it was a couple of years ago around Christmas time. I was at a 4-h meeting and a little girl asked "Who is Jesus" I told her that he is the Son of God and he is fully man and fully God, etc.

Then a boy who was 15 at the time....disagreed with me....then we got into a discussion.....I wasn't really angry but upset that he didn't believe that Jesus is God.....I don't know why but I broke down into tears right there...thank goodness we were down in a basement..doing an activity or I would have cried in front of the adults...including my dad..ughh I hate crying in front of my parents...

Well I was 19 at the time..the oldest of the bunch....but you can guess the most sensitive to this topic.....

I didn't know what to say..I was a little shocked by it all! And that kid thought he knew everything....grr
[/quote]

A fifteen year old boy that thought he knew everything? Well, I'm certainly glad I don't fall to that. I would be absolutely unbearable.

Really, though, it's great that you have such a love for the Lord. I'm sure I would've gotten emotional, but most likely a rather different and more violent emotion. :P

MarieClaire

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1339085397' post='2442188']
know what I just remembered?!?! For some weird reason, tears start to flow when I say my rosary. I'm not crying but the tears just flow! Weird!
[/quote]

Same here!

Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1339130269' post='2442434']

[/quote]

As my niece told me when she was five, boys stink (not all boys obv)

Seriously though I rarely cry but this year I've found myself sobbing for no reason when at mass or adoration or when saying the rosary. I was watching a video about Medjugorie and I started sobbing, red eyes everything. A few minutes later the speaker said 'If you knew how much Our Lady loves us you would cry for joy'.

Strictlyinkblot

Double post. Oops, pm has the hiccups again

Edited by Strictlyinkblot

mantellata

Yes.... sorry for the slight tangent... but is anyone else experiencing the problem of one old archived form poll constantly recurring when you press the "next unread topic" link?